HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #87: 2024 Season Finale

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Totally agree with you on this. Also defensively is not his forte. Which is kinda bad looking for a top 6 center who ask for the big bucks.

Suzuki been much better on the dot and defensively , hes a much better plekanec. Id rather getting a big winger in a big trade than a fake Center imo
The team as a whole improved. That's honestly what I wanted to see the most from Dach if he took a step forward with Monahan and Dvorak, both who are great on the dot.

People go on about Necas being great and Zegras needing all the time in the world. Necas lead the forwards on his team in total ice time by a lot the year he got his 70+ points. First on his team for total pp time. He was used as a top 2 forward for pp time, playing more than Aho, most even strength ice time for a forward on the team (though 1 second ahead of Svechnikov)

Imagine calling out Zegras for certain red flags only to have the option you want have those exact same red flags.

Figured I'd share thar info, but those who want to shoot down Zegras won't respond to it.

Honestly, pass on both.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Among all players, regardless of the time, that we have heard repetitive and continuous rumors/speculations that will be acquired by Habs, which one is materialized ? The player that we have talked about a lot then it finally turned out that Habs did acquire him is: Dvorak. I think no one was surprised when we acquired him, because most of us did expect it.
You remember anyone else ? We did talk bit about Brière before signing him as UFA.

The two players that we have talked a lot but the trade never happens are: Luc Robitaille and PL Dubois.

Recently, the names of Zegras and Necas have been mentioned frequently. Who knows ?
Luc Robitaille ?

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Yeah he was on a team that looks to grind out wins and wants offence to come from the back end. I think he’d thrive in a place that doesn’t stifle offensive creativity like Rod the Bod does.

Really? I don't.

1) Montreal was relatively more reliant on offense from the back-end than Carolina.
2) Carolina let Necas go ham playing his game.
3) In general, Carolina has unique player usage. Necas got prime 5v5 minutes (as did most of their top 6), while Staal was tasked with grinding out wins.

Offensively creative players haven't really improved after leaving Carolina and they haven't been hurt by joining Carolina. And Montreal hasn't really demonstrated that they unleash creativity of players either.

It just doesn't really add up.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
HF poster act like Habs are a perennial contender. Finishing bottom 5 for 3 years in a row and acting like a young, skilled forward not good enough to be part of a team that’s terrible is peak.

Habs would be lucky, honoured and ecstatic to get any of these guys. Outside of 4 forwards, they absolutely suck. They had ONE line that worked and have near zero depth. Zegras, Necas etc are not McDavid, Mackinnon etc. but those players are not coming here. Neither is any decent FA or player with a NMC with how bad this team is. To even hope to get the opportunity to overpay for a top tier player, they have to not suck ass and show a modicum of hope of actually being a contending team to even get a sniff of a top tier player to want to come here. So while Necas, Zegras etc are not THE answer, they would go a long way to helping improve the club enough to actually attract quality players to come and play here. The only core players they have that are any good are ones they drafted or traded for as pre NHL prospects. None chose to be here.

Please get off the soap box and acting like Habs are the ones choosing here. They’re not. They’re the drunk guy stumbling around are 2:30 am trying to find a hook up and will be lucky to get anything decent. If they can land any player of the calibre and quality of Necas, Zegras level player, consider it an answered prayer. Or let’s just make Cap Space our top position at $15M again and answer Molson’s prayers instead.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Why would trade Gallagher for Laine.. sorry I dont understand this one. As much as i would like to trade Gally.. not for a guy like Laine who does not fit in ths culture.
Who gives a rats ass about the culture? Laine's remaining deal is 2 years and he's on rehab. The point is to play him maybe half the season then hock his arse to another team for another 1st rounder at the TDL. You're not going to cause a ruckus culture-wise with that and even then, whoever thinks highly of themselves as such aren't individuals I'd trust with building a "culture".

Reactions: the

Habricot

Oct 22, 2017
Who gives a rats ass about the culture? Laine's remaining deal is 2 years and he's on rehab. The point is to play him maybe half the season then hock his arse to another team for another 1st rounder at the TDL. You're not going to cause a ruckus culture-wise with that and even then, whoever thinks highly of themselves as such aren't individuals I'd trust with building a "culture".
I get that. But you wo t get another 1st rounder from a tea. That is also retooling!

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

Let me guess, this was before he had his career year where you suddenly didn't want any part of him anymore and it's all complete fabrication from my end, right?
Well

#1 look at the date.

2# what does what I would have been willing to give up in a trade to acquire him 2 years ago, have to do with paying him 8M/yr AND trading multiple assets to acquire him, which I was staunchly opposed to, have to do with you being so sure that I would have?

Man did a whole search and that's the best you came up with?

Such a pity

1717109168567.gif

Habricot

Oct 22, 2017
That is a lot of words to prop up a guy who broke 25 points once in his 5 seasons career.
Kakko is likely not a very good top 6 player on an excellent team, but an excellent 3rd line player on a champion team. I would definitly bite on him and use him with Newhook and Armia on the third line!

All depends on host.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Its funny, some posters want this team to become contenders but they don't wanna pay assets to acquire players and they don't wanna pay anyone more than Nick Suzuki lol

Its really cute lol

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Well

#1 look at the date.
Yeah it was the year before his career year which is exactly what I knew you would say as I mentioned lmao.

Keep the pity cake for yourself as you continue to backtrack from being dead wrong.

Heffyhoof

So happy to be glad to be pleased to meet you.
Jan 17, 2016
Its funny, some posters want this team to become contenders but they don't wanna pay assets to acquire players and they don't wanna pay anyone more than Nick Suzuki lol

Its really cute lol
Don't think it's cute to want Montreal to acquire a player from an outside source and want to pay them less than our Captain and best player unless they are a better player. Necas, Zegras, Kakko, Laine are certainly not better and some come with potential character issues as well.

No point in emphasizing the locker room only to get someone who might be an issue and then make them the top paid player.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Yeah it was the year before his career year which is exactly what I knew you would say as I mentioned lmao.
But I don't get what you're trying to prove here?

All that post says is that 2 years ago I would have been willing to pay a 1st round pick but would be weary about giving up anything more.

How is that not reasonable? When Dubois was a player EVERYONE wanted THEN, that would have been the minimum cost to acquire him.

I’m sorry I didn't predict at Th time that her fall off a cliff lol

What a weird post to find to try to prove that I would have been willing to pay him 8M/yr and give up the assets the Kings gave to acquire him when in reality, the post you found shows that I wouldn't have lol

This ain't it big fella lol
Keep the pity cake for yourself as you continue to backtrack from a pure L take.
Backtrack? From what?

You played yourself

1717110122613.gif

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

Keep the pity cake for yourself as you continue to backtrack from being dead wrong.
Here's the post you made

No offense but I call complete bullshit that you wouldn't have given him that. He was a second liner and it falls exactly in line with the criteria that you're setting for Necas. He was a flawed player, the Habs cap situation wouldn't be problematic for a young former 3rd OA, and missing out over like 750k wouldn't be worth it.
How does me making a post, 2 years ago, saying that i'd be willing to give up a 1st to acquire Dubois, but nothing much more significant = I would have paid him 8M/yr + give up multiple assets to acquire him?

Furthermore, WTF does this have to do with Martin Necas who today I WOULD be willing to give up MORE than a 1st round pick AND pay him 8M/yr if that's what it took to acquire him.

I've got way more interest in Necas today, than I did Dubois last year or even 2 years ago

You've lost it man lol

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
During a recent interview on 98.5 FM with Mario Langlois, Stéphane Waite launched a controversial offer to acquire Martin Necas. He indicated he would be willing to offer the Winnipeg Jets' first-round pick (26th pick overall) as well as one of three defensemen: Lane Hutson, David Reinbacher or Logan Mailloux.

• Wow
Reactions: Heffyhoof

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Don't think it's cute to want Montreal to acquire a player from an outside source and want to pay them less than our Captain and best player unless they are a better player. Necas, Zegras, Kakko, Laine are certainly not better and some come with potential character issues as well.

No point in emphasizing the locker room only to get someone who might be an issue and then make them the top paid player.
Who is suggesting to pay Necas more than Suzuki?

There’s a lot of posters pulling random numbers out of their asses. $7-7.5m has been talked about before. Now all of a sudden it’s become $8.5-9m

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

Yes it's cute because it ignores the reality of how the market works.

From your contradictory arguments that you will defend even when being proven wrong is right there.
WHAT? LOL
Ya "big fella" I really played myself by proving that I didn't fabricate anything and your argument reeks of hypocrisy.
You claimed that I was willing to pay P-L Dubois 8M a year...

And as proof of this, you found a post where I said I would be willing to trade a 1st round pick but not much more, to acquire him.

What are you talking about lol:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Who is suggesting to pay Necas more than Suzuki?

There’s a lot of posters pulling random numbers out of their asses. $7-7.5m has been talked about before. Now all of a sudden it’s become $8.5-9m
I said that I think his market is anywhere from 6.5-7.5M but I wouldn't walk away from acquiring/signing him if 8M/yr was what it took.

This Nick Suzuki salary cap thing is just some fantasy people here have made up...it's not based on anything real.

The cap is going to be at 92-95M in 2 years, do people really think front line players are going to be negotiating with the Habs based on a contract Nick Suzuki signed in a flat cap at 81M?

Seriously?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad