HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #79

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
There is 0% chance Winnipeg is interested in bringing back PLD on a 8 year deal after the media fiasco since the draft.

Players use the nuclear route when they want out.

He won’t accept his QO, and the Habs won’t offersheet. So they are stuck at an impass.
The Habs can't offersheet, nor could anyone else, I don't think. Cap space and cost/value are issues for everyone. If Dubois was serious about forcing his way to UFA, accepting the QO is the simplest way, unless a trade to the Habs happens soon.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
So refreshing to have reason for confidence in the management.

Right on!

Hughes & Gorton's decisions always been logical, well thought. They want to invest in development, they know where the team is right now. They don't have cap space. They went after a young 21 years old player so he can be part of the core.

Poor kid, some people are trying to involve Dubois in his trade lol.

Reactions: DailyKaizen

MarkyMarkov

Jan 31, 2010
The Habs can't offersheet, nor could anyone else, I don't think. Cap space and cost/value are issues for everyone. If Dubois was serious about forcing his way to UFA, accepting the QO is the simplest way, unless a trade to the Habs happens soon.

We'll see if the Jets opt for arbitration. Dubois' plan is likely to force them to do so and then he gets to choose the length of the contract, 1 year or 2. There are a few other advantages with this route as well, such as the arbitration negotiations starting at his QO of 6 million.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
We'll see if the Jets opt for arbitration. Dubois' plan is likely to force them to do so and then he gets to choose the length of the contract, 1 year or 2. There are a few other advantages with this route as well, such as the arbitration negotiations starting at his QO of 6 million.

...so let's all hope it goes down like that, he hits the market in a year, signs wherever he signs, and we can end this horseshyte once and for all...:thumbu:

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
...so let's all hope it goes down like that, he hits the market in a year, signs wherever he signs, and we can end this horseshyte once and for all...:thumbu:
He has to give two years to whoever owns his rights. He’ll have to negotiate another year if he opts for only 1 this time. He won’t be a UFA no matter what for 2 years

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
As opposed the to the old man, 24 year old PLD who’s heeds and above better than dach
If they can get PLD they will get him and open up cap space

...HuGo targeted Dach for a reason...doesn't seem to jive with THE PLAN that they would immediately flip the kid they targeted in order to screw up the Cap & the Tank...we'll see...

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
As opposed the to the old man, 24 year old PLD who’s heads and above better than dach
If they can get PLD they will get him and open up cap space

All we know is Hughes and Gorton specifically wanted Dach.

The rest is media talk and fan talk, if you wanna make scenarios about Dubois because you like him, go for it. There is zero proof they ever seriously considered him.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Didn’t say they’ll trade dach but he wants Dubois by all accounts that we’ve read and heard
Cap space won’t be an issue if he wants him
He will create it GMs get very creative to unload cap and if that means Drouin is sold with a pick, Hughes won’t hesitate

...who's accounts specifically??...Hughes??...Gorton??...or the specific Habs media that loves to jam every first-language-specific Quebecois player down our throat 24/7??...PLD and his agent played the media here like fiddles and the music won't end until he's signed long-term somewhere in a couple of years...trading for him is a horrid idea unless Chevy had a stroke and is giving him away to us for nowhere near what he's worth...which, of course, isn't happening...so there we are...

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Doesn’t change the fact the Dubois is head and above better
If dach ever reaches 60 pts I’ll be shocked
Media does have sources and I 100% believe Dubois wants to be in Montreal

Dubois being better than Dach at this very moment is irrelevant. They're in a rebuild.

Hughes want to develop and help the kids, they're not in a rush.

Plus any center they will draft in the top 5 next year will be way better than Dubois.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Lol Horrid idea? Ok man Suzuki -pld-dach-evans
Yup that’s horrid

...do you have any earthly idea what PLD will cost??...well, apparently HuGo does and doesn't want anything to do with it or it would have been done already...we are not going to compete for a few years so we want to accrue assets, not trade them away for Pouty Pierre, the SUPERSTAR 60 point #2C...if he TRULY wants to be here, the Montreal Canadiens will still be here in two years and, hopefully, by then will be on the cusp of getting back to respectability...

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
You have no clue whatsoever If dach is gonna turn into anything
Evans had more goals and one less point than dach
Really temper your expectations
I definitely don’t think he was worth the 13th overall pick

Tell that to Hughes and Gorton who wanted him and are confident the organisation an coaching staffs can help him develop and be a great player. Look like you're so sure a 21 years old can't evolve.

Reactions: dralaf

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
When did I say he can’t evolve ? It’s doesn’t change the fact that evans had the same amount of points
I don’t have to ask Hughes and gorton it’s my opinion
I definitely wouldn’t give up the 13th pick for kotkaniemi? Would you ? Nope you wouldn’t
Time will tell

...would you give up OUR 1st this year for PLD??...cuz that is most definitely the starter for Chevy...

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
When did I say he can’t evolve ? It’s doesn’t change the fact that evans had the same amount of points
I don’t have to ask Hughes and gorton it’s my opinion
I definitely wouldn’t give up the 13th pick for kotkaniemi? Would you ? Nope you wouldn’t
Time will tell

All i did what correcting and directed someone to Hughes own words about the Dach trade.

Seems like you didn't like me saying that people are inserting Dubois in Dach's trade when it was never about him.

I just stated the facts, you can think Dubois is the better player no one stopping you.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Not a chance and good for Cheveldayoff to ask for it
He can ask for the sun the moon and stars and of the day he will end up with a star
The longer Cheveldayoff holds on to Dubois the asking price is lower
If he waits for 2 TDL to trade him he will be lucky to get a late first at the max or a second and prospect
Cheveldayoff will cave eventually, it might not be to the habs but he will cave

...awesome-sauce, we're in agreement that it isn't happening right now, then...so let's turn this music off for a while and give our collective ears a break from the PLD Saga...

Reactions: Habby4Life

Beendair Donedat

Juice Arse 2.0
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
That's what i think also.

They might have checked in to see what was jets price for him but i don't think there was any serious talk.

From the article:

Pierre-Luc Dubois has his eyes set on suiting up for his boyhood team one day.

His agent, Pat Brisson, said Wednesday that Dubois would like to play for the Montreal Canadiens.

"Montreal is a city he would probably … I can talk about it because he doesn't have a contract at the moment - he's a restricted free agent," Brisson told TVA Sports in French, as translated by The Athletic. "Montreal is a place, a city he'd like to play in. That's all I can say about that."

Dubois even attended the 2022 NHL Draft in Montreal because he believed a trade to the Habs would be completed on the draft floor, sources told The Athletic's Arpon Basu and Murat Ates. The Canadiens reportedly offered three players to the Jets for Dubois but were unsuccessful. Winnipeg is apparently holding up a deal by asking for a player Montreal refuses to move.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Not a chance and good for Cheveldayoff to ask for it
He can ask for the sun the moon and stars and of the day he will end up with a star
The longer Cheveldayoff holds on to Dubois the asking price is lower
If he waits for 2 TDL to trade him he will be lucky to get a late first at the max or a second and prospect
Cheveldayoff will cave eventually, it might not be to the habs but he will cave
Actually Star players at the deadline will pretty much always get a 1st and a solid prospect and a roster player. There is a very legit possibility he could hold him for 2 years and get a return like that.

Habbietat

Jul 1, 2022
no doubt if Dvorak can put up 50 points with 55% fo we can get a first with that contract and if Anderson can put up 25/20 same thing. These players are very important for teams and the roles they fill when completing a roster

Svart

Live Slow, Die Fat
Jul 5, 2006
PLD blah blah blah 🤮🤮🤮
winnipeg-jets-pierre-luc-dubois.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad