HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #79

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022

From the article:

Pierre-Luc Dubois has his eyes set on suiting up for his boyhood team one day.

His agent, Pat Brisson, said Wednesday that Dubois would like to play for the Montreal Canadiens.

"Montreal is a city he would probably … I can talk about it because he doesn't have a contract at the moment - he's a restricted free agent," Brisson told TVA Sports in French, as translated by The Athletic. "Montreal is a place, a city he'd like to play in. That's all I can say about that."

Dubois even attended the 2022 NHL Draft in Montreal because he believed a trade to the Habs would be completed on the draft floor, sources told The Athletic's Arpon Basu and Murat Ates. The Canadiens reportedly offered three players to the Jets for Dubois but were unsuccessful. Winnipeg is apparently holding up a deal by asking for a player Montreal refuses to move.

We already know the habs weren’t trading for him at the draft lol.

Just because he was there doesn’t mean anything, easy for journalists to make up some stories because he was at the draft.

And it says in the article you just showed ‘’they made an offer with 3 players’’ doesn’t prove they’re still on it or that it was a serious offer if they did.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Destopcorner

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Can’t wait for the Dubois saga to end. I’m more interested in Hughes staying the course and creating cap room. We’ve got Dach now, Dubois is not a priority.
exactly , we are in a position of strength. if we can have him cheap (now or next year or after) like the rangers did. then i am all for it. if not the course we on is more then fine

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Beendair Donedat

Juice Arse 2.0
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
We already know the habs weren’t trading for him at the draft lol.

Just because he was there doesn’t mean anything, easy for journalists to make up some stories because he was at the draft.

And it says in the article you just showed ‘’they made an offer with 3 players’’ doesn’t prove they’re still on it or that it was a serious offer if they did.
You have no idea what the Habs were doing at the draft. Zero.

How many other NHL players were there? Why would he attend if he didn’t think he was being traded? Makes no sense.

Yeah man they made an offer with Byron, Pezzetta, and Drouin but the Jets are holding out for Armia too.

Just because you don’t like what you’re reading, doesn’t mean that it isn’t accurate. There’s clearly been talks between the two teams, with the Habs making an offer that was serious enough that PLD himself showed at the draft with his agent later emphasizing Montreal is where he wants to be. When has Pat Brisson ever done anything like that? The signs all point to Winnipeg backing out of the deal after the Dach trade and wanting more. Which is fine, I’ve said all along I’d prefer to wait until he’s a UFA before acquiring him.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
As far as Gallagher goes, he only has a 6 team no trade list. We have no idea what 6 teams are on it.

He doesn't have a full NMC. In his case, the NMC just means he can't be waived.

He's a western Canada boy, so who knows maybe Winnipeg isn't on his NT list.
The issue is not where would he be willing to go.

Why are we trying to dump him AT ALL? If Hugo manages it well, in two years Gallagher is going to be the only problematic contract on the team. That's hardly an issue that warrants trading Caufield to rectify. It's a bizzare idea.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
cant be true. Everyone and their sister want to go to Winnipeg.....Suzuki must be bluffing hahahahaha
1658136651732.png

Reactions: McPhees Moustache

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
no doubt if Dvorak can put up 50 points with 55% fo we can get a first with that contract and if Anderson can put up 25/20 same thing. These players are very important for teams and the roles they fill when completing a roster
What’s the point of picking mid to late round first round picks if they’re going to become a typical Habs first round pick (worthless busts)?

Until we can trust our development team (which, fyi, hasn’t had much turnover in staff so far) it’s better to trade our NHLers for other NHLers (preferably younger ones) instead, imo.

Can’t wait for the Dubois saga to end. I’m more interested in Hughes staying the course and creating cap room. We’ve got Dach now, Dubois is not a priority.
Dach is a sub 30 point scorer with potentially devastating injury issues. The same injury that derailed the career of Lecavalier, Drouin, and many others. Dubois is a young 25+ goal power forward.

They’re not remotely comparable.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
My concept on a potential trade with the Jets is that given they are bottom2 in desirability for FAs/NTCs, they need NHLers with term more than most other teams.

Dvorak, Savard, Edmundson-> start there

Anderson has a NTC (classic Bergevin giving max term and NTC to an unproven player)

Drouin, Byron, Dadanov are expiring contracts and more or less worthless on the trade market

Gallagher has a NTC and is immovable

Dach is unsigned and I doubt he will be flipped

Can we make a deal work based on Dvorak/Savard/Eddy + [cap dump] + [other asset] in exchange for Dubois? According to Jets fans on HFBoards no way.

Harry Kakalovich

Like and reply
Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
PLD was the #2 center on a non-playoff team last year, and somehow he's supposed to be some huge building block for the Habs at the beginning of their rebuild?

Dach is a way better fit for the Habs right now, which is probably why Hughes traded for one and the media is trading for the other.

Harry Kakalovich

Like and reply
Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
You have no idea what the Habs were doing at the draft. Zero.

How many other NHL players were there? Why would he attend if he didn’t think he was being traded? Makes no sense.

Yeah man they made an offer with Byron, Pezzetta, and Drouin but the Jets are holding out for Armia too.

Just because you don’t like what you’re reading, doesn’t mean that it isn’t accurate. There’s clearly been talks between the two teams, with the Habs making an offer that was serious enough that PLD himself showed at the draft with his agent later emphasizing Montreal is where he wants to be. When has Pat Brisson ever done anything like that? The signs all point to Winnipeg backing out of the deal after the Dach trade and wanting more. Which is fine, I’ve said all along I’d prefer to wait until he’s a UFA before acquiring him.
I never put any stock into these media stories about trades that haven't happened. They are dubious at best, and on HFBoards they are taken as fact which is a sad reflection on how people filter information.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Certainly not if we have to gut the team of good players, and picks...........makes zero sense.
The Jets are not in the drivers seat at all..............if we go this route, the return will be ok but it wont wow Jets fans.
I would imagine the media are salavating at the idea of PLD...this will be a challenge for HuGo.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
PLD was the #2 center on a non-playoff team last year, and somehow he's supposed to be some huge building block for the Habs at the beginning of their rebuild?

Dach is a way better fit for the Habs right now, which is probably why Hughes traded for one and the media is trading for the other.
If you’re so down on PLD, can you tell us what you think Kirby Dach was for his non-playoff team? Pls post their point totals too.

Harry Kakalovich

Like and reply
Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
If you’re so down on PLD, can you tell us what you think Kirby Dach was for his non-playoff team? Pls post their point totals too.
The point is that Kirby Dach is a development project on a team that is rebuilding. The team will have way more control over contracts as well. Plus he was acquired for Romanov a 3rd and a 4th, which is a far cry from what people are saying the Habs must give up to have the privilege of acquiring PLD.

So Dach is a project that the Habs can take on, because they are bad. It's not that he has to be better than PLD because the Habs will be bad either way. PLD is a finished product that the Habs won't need until they can compete in MAYBE 3 years time.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Man.............Jets fans still aren't over the sweep from the 21 playoffs..............what a bitter crew they are, and PLD is not even playing for the habs, at this point.
LOL...........
Chevy, you are on the clock.....

Brisson talking about it out loud is a real strange one..............Chevy would not like this from the agent whatsoever.
Other GM's may be taking notes on the high and might, Pat Brisson.

Harry Kakalovich

Like and reply
Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
Exactly.

Don't listen to those who watched him play all year for the Jets.

The way you analyze is through HockeyDB.
Right. Much better to anoint PLD the star #1 C of his team and tell everyone he was the #1 C of his team, even though he played over 2 mins less per game and scored 10 less points in 14 more games than his team's actual #1 who has been their #1 center for years. But not because YOU like PLD (no no heaven forbid that would be too subjective). It's actually because some writer said he played well. Gotcha.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Right. Much better to anoint PLD the star #1 C of his team and tell everyone he was the #1 C of his team, even though he played over 2 mins less per game and scored 10 less points in 14 more games than his team's actual #1 who has been their #1 center for years. But not because YOU like PLD (no no heaven forbid that would be too subjective). It's actually because some writer said he played well. Gotcha.

Yea yea, you're repeating yourself.

I'll take the analysis of people in the business who watched the Jets all year over your stats watching.

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal

Is that really how you evaluate players?

Dach had an injury and is 3 years younger. Big guy like Dach also take longer, more patience is required.

Reactions: SlafySZN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad