HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #79

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
exactly , we are in a position of strength. if we can have him cheap (now or next year or after) like the rangers did. then i am all for it. if not the course we on is more then fine
Depends what cheap means. If some of the reported interactions are true, we may not be at that point and may never be.

Reactions: sandviper

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
exactly , we are in a position of strength. if we can have him cheap (now or next year or after) like the rangers did. then i am all for it. if not the course we on is more then fine
Dubois is not a make or break acquisition for us, but we have lived through 10 years of "centers are too hard to trade for". I'm not willing to hope and pray for a draft winner. If it comes, great, and we move one of our still young Cs to the wing or trade him for a great return..

So I am willing to pay a fair price for Dubois or any other 24 year old 60 point C with size. Doesn't have to be "cheap" and definitely should not be too high and mess up our build.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
A center with potential 1C capabilities who is Quebecois and WANTS to play in Montreal?

What is there not to like?
What worries some fans is precisely that you included that he is Québecois. This reasoning leads some to fear that people want an overpayment to make sure he comes. So then the opponents use the term "entitled Québecois" and all rational focus is lost.

Let me know when people start fawning over the 28 year old former 1st round pick Québecer we actually got in exchange for for an entitled and disgruntled American. He's on the team, where is the parade?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Man.............Jets fans still aren't over the sweep from the 21 playoffs..............what a bitter crew they are, and PLD is not even playing for the habs, at this point.
LOL...........
It’s easy to fall into the trap of guilt by association and painting a whole fan base with the same brush, on these forums. Fortunately, it’s a minority on every forum. It only gets toxic when you don’t see anyone challenging some pretty insane assertions.

I think this could happen on any forum, sadly.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Wasn’t a fan of the events leading to PLD’s departure in Columbus but I don’t blame him as much for Winnipeg. He hasn’t quit on them, but just point blank said he has no intention to stay.

Also, over the years, a lot of reports of their dressing room being really toxic. True or not, I don’t know but these reports weren’t isolated. Not sure if this affected PLD, or perhaps he didn’t help it himself more recently.

Anyhow, he’s the one who essentially gave us the leverage so if a trade becomes a reality, we hopefully don’t give up a lot.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Gutting our team/prospects....?
I can assure you there will be no gutting.

A late first, Dvorak, a later pick plus a D prospect not named Guhle or any player from the 23 draft is not gutting.

Even if we traded Norlinder and Struble, we still Guhle, Xhekaj, Hutson, Harris deep on the left in prospects alone.

They can have one of Farrell, Kidney, Mysak or Roy…..we still haveBeck, Mesar deep of prospects in that mole.

Think it’s time for Winnipeg to gut their team, trade Wheelers and Scheifele, Dubois, time for a mini reset!

Reactions: MarioLeMoose

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
With everything coming out about Dubois, can any of you actually see him starting the year in Winnipeg? I have a hard time seeing it.

MarioLeMoose

Jul 15, 2022
@MarioLeMoose 's report that Suzuki wants to go to Winnipeg seems FALSE
Lol yeah it is false!
All I said was that PLD was a player who has a similar level of upside as Suzuki, and he wants to be a Hab.
I get it though, people get their back up to defend Nick. I would too, he’s our most valuable asset, our best player, and he has spent his summer campaigning to be our Captain. I can’t wait to see Nick have the C on his chest, he deserves it

ganiccus

Jul 17, 2022
Man.............Jets fans still aren't over the sweep from the 21 playoffs..............what a bitter crew they are, and PLD is not even playing for the habs, at this point.
LOL...........
Chevy, you are on the clock.....

Brisson talking about it out loud is a real strange one..............Chevy would not like this from the agent whatsoever.
Other GM's may be taking notes on the high and might, Pat Brisson.

Usually Brisson doesn't do this type of thing, my take is that Chevy screwed up big time by not taking the deal proposed at the NHL draft and Brisson is pissed off and is now turning the heat to get Dubois out of Winnipeg. As well, Hughes didn't seem particularly ecstatic when Bettman announced the trades for Dach, I bet he was plan B after the Dubois trade fell through.

Reactions: BLONG7

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
Dvorak + prospect (not named Guhle, Farrell, Hutson, Slafkovsky) + Flo1 (top10 protected). I wouldnt give one penny more.

Probably Jets refused, then so be it. PLD is a 2nd line center with attitude problem who wants to quit on his 2nd team on a 3 years spawn, they have NO leverage.

I'd rather sign him as a UFA in 2 years if he is, then waisting good assets on him. No way I trade Dach, Anderson, Caufield, Suzuki or a good 1st round pick for a guy like that.

Harry Kakalovich

Like and reply
Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
Since when a player that just turn 24 last week is a finish product ?
24 is usually peak production for NHL forwards on average statistically. Plus he will be getting paid like a finished product so he better not be a project. Are you saying you're expecting him to greatly improve? It's not impossible, but it's statistically unlikely.

No need to gut our team/prospects. If we cannot get him now for Dvorak/Anderson + FLA 1, and a B prospect (ylonen, norlinder) then we walk away and take our chances on signing him in 2 years.
The Florida 1st is untouchable for me. Untouchable. Unless it is valued like David Pastrnak.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
There will be no offer sheet place by the Habs.....they can't even sign Dach, with what money could they do an offer sheet?
I'd save the Offersheet for next summer and Laf. Rags will be in tight on the cap.

PLD will be coming home and we are completely in the drivers seat on this. Offer the Jets a decent package now, or wait 2 years for UFA. Either way this is a perfect scenario for this.

Dvorak + Norlinder/Kidney + Florida 1st should get it done

Suzuki
PLD
Dach
Evans

Fantastic centre depth

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
A center with potential 1C capabilities who is Quebecois and WANTS to play in Montreal?

What is there not to like?
I don’t think he is a true 1C, his ceiling is too low. He can fill the 1C role when injury hits but he is better placed on the 2nd line for a team that wants to compete for the cup on a regular basis.

Reactions: SlafySZN

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The contract attach to him
The cost of acquire him

I would also add that I'm not as big as many here on Dubois but I'm not against it either, it's all a matter of those 2 things.

Personally, the cost to acquire him is the big question for me. The contract doesn't concern me much because I would rather have guys like Suzuki, PLD, and Caufield take up the cap space than Hoffman, Armia, and Gallagher.

And with the cap set to go up significantly over the next few years, those contracts will have less of an impact on the team's cap.

MarioLeMoose

Jul 15, 2022
24 is usually peak production for NHL forwards on average statistically. Plus he will be getting paid like a finished product so he better not be a project. Are you saying you're expecting him to greatly improve? It's not impossible, but it's statistically unlikely.

The Florida 1st is untouchable for me. Untouchable. Unless it is valued like David Pastrnak.
I meant to add that I would top 10 protect it, but fair enough!
Looking like its going to be a great 1st round in 2023

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Personally, the cost to acquire him is the big question for me. The contract doesn't concern me much because I would rather have guys like Suzuki, PLD, and Caufield take up the cap space than Hoffman, Armia, and Gallagher.

And with the cap set to go up significantly over the next few years, those contracts will have less of an impact on the team's cap.
But the question is how are they going to cover Dubois' contract now. 7-8 million in contracts would have to go the other way. It's possible that Montreal couldn't make the trade on draft day because it was conditional on a Petry trade to open up cap space that fell through. Now it's possible that they need to move Hoffman in order to have enough cap space to do a Dubois deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad