HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #79

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Chevy: our guy PLD says he really wants to play for you guys. He says he won't sign with us.

KH : Oh! That's great...

Chevy: So we want to trade him to you.

KH: Oh really?

Chevy:. Yes and he's really good so you have to give us a 1st and your center who's cheaper and about as good as him and some of your best prospects...

KH: Ah, but we're sort of in the middle of a rebuild and we kind of suck so that wouldn't make any sense for us. Besides, didn't you say he won't sign with you and wants to play here?

Chevy: I hate you Kent Hughes. Goodbye!

Haha! Nice!

If the Jets hated us before, it’s going to go to higher levels now!

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I get pushing a young guy to try and be great, but Torts seems to think he’s JK Simmons in Whiplash sometimes. You think you can uncover greatness but in the end you’re only trying to serve your own narcissism in a violent way.

PLD only deserved positive reinforcement in that series. He was a monster.

Yup, if he's screaming at him in public what's going on behind close doors in dressing room? PLD was an absolute monster. He's young. He's going to make mistakes. No reason to single him out. Plus it's a national game versus Leafs!

I imagine he heard quite a bit about it from family & friends.

No surprise at all his trade request came that summer.

Harry Kakalovich

Like and reply
Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
Would PLD be a 1st line center on most teams? That would provide a fairer appreciation rather than just looking at how he was used by the two teams he was on.
Totally. And I know we all hate Scheifele, but he's had a much better career than PLD. Mark Scheifele IS a first-liner. Although he's getting older now so that may change soon. But he certainly WAS a first-liner.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
...as mediocre as he's been, I wonder how badly Holland wants to shed the PoolParty issue...wondering if HuGo could make a move here for him and rid ourselves of some dead weight that other teams who think they need size might covet:

To :edmonton

LW/RW Mike Hoffman
LW Joel Armia
Some small pick or mid-range prospect

To :habs

RD Tyson Barrie
RW Jesse Puljujarvi

...while I have no faith whatsoever that PoolParty becomes a player even remotely worth his 4th Overall draft standing, he might just end up a good 3rd line big body who can at least drive possession and learn to use his size more to his advantage...at worst, we trade one disappointing 1st Rounder on the left side for one on the right...

Hughes is clearly after guys that can skate! Poolparty can barely swim bud.

Harry Kakalovich

Like and reply
Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
Oh come on The speculation woulda begun when he signs a a one or two year deal
He didn’t quit on the jets, he simply doesn’t want to live and play in Winnipeg for the next 10 years
That’s not quitting
It's just a lot of excuses that's all. Why trade a bundle and spend a ton on a guy that needs so many excuses to justify his behaviour? If he quits (or whatever you want to call it) on his next team AGAIN, what's his value?

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Realistically, I don't see a way of acquiring Dubois that won't hurt (Suzuki, Caufield, Guhle, 2023/2024 first). Not saying I wouldn't pay a high price, Suzuki is pretty much my only untouchable. But, I don't have any expectations there and have seen too many Quebecers use the Habs as a negociation tool to believe these rumors about him wanting to play here are genuine. I would take Dubois any day, but I'm sceptical it can work.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Realistically, I don't see a way of acquiring Dubois that won't hurt (Suzuki, Caufield, Guhle, 2023/2024 first). Not saying I wouldn't pay a high price, Suzuki is pretty much my only untouchable. But, I don't have any expectations there and have seen too many Quebecers use the Habs as a negociation tool to believe these rumors about him wanting to play here are genuine. I would take Dubois any day, but I'm sceptical it can work.
Nobody will give any of those assets for PLD that wants out. Simple as that.
If it were the case , he would be traded already.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Only way I see Edmonton fit Hoffman's 4.5M is if they send Barrie the other way.

Both Hoffman and Barrie have 2 years left on their deals at 4.5M. So the money would be the same. One team addresses their wing depth and the other gets the RD to replace Petry.

Barrie was their 3RD in the playoffs. Evan Bouchard and Codi Ceci were ahead of him in the playoffs. They might prefer to let go of a 3rd pairing D making 4.5M and bring in a winger for the same cap and term, which is an area they want to address.

Edmonton has $68,000 in cap space and still have to sign Yamamoto and Puljujarvi. Both have taken them to arbitration. They could easily add another $5m to cap, which means they need to move Barrie without taking money back.

Harry Kakalovich

Like and reply
Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
It’s won’t be bundle I trust Hughes , he’s not gonna leave us bare
If it's a vet for vet trade and the Habs don't send any high picks or any prospects that have a future in the Habs organization I'd be fine with acquiring PLD. But I'm not interested in sending any of our top 25 prospects or any 1st or 2nd rounders to get him.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Nop. I watched almost all Oilers game this year. Puljujarvi IS a good skater. He is big and fast.

We don’t agree. Good skater? You saying above average and I’m saying average at best.

I pass on pool party. Don’t hate him but not turning the needle for me. Plays with McDavid or Drai. He’s no better than Armia

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Yup, if he's screaming at him in public what's going on behind close doors in dressing room? PLD was an absolute monster. He's young. He's going to make mistakes. No reason to single him out. Plus it's a national game versus Leafs!

I imagine he heard quite a bit about it from family & friends.

No surprise at all his trade request came that summer.
Has any good come from a team choosing a coach over a star player?

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
woah... this isnt what arizona is doing... we're getting a solid 1st line C or LW back - different player than CC yes, but not nothing.. AND, we have the opportunity to pick up another CC at the draft next year - possibly Berard with a little luck.
This does not in anyways hurt our tank, or stifle our rebuild. plus we are getting 3 1st rounders next year (all unprotected)

1. PLD is NOT a #1C or a #1 anything...unless you want your team to bag ad naseum...
2. Gallagher WILL NOT WAIVE TO GO TO THE PEG!!...as you've been told repeatedly...
3. Chevy wouldn't touch that trade and I'm sure HuGo wouldn't either...
4. Glue is for childrens' crafts...DO NOT INHALE!!...

He’s not a good skater. Average at best

...you are watching the wrong player, then...the kid has wheels...it's what's between his ears and in his hands that needs mucho worko...

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
1. PLD is NOT a #1C or a #1 anything...unless you want your team to bag ad naseum...
2. Gallagher WILL NOT WAIVE TO GO TO THE PEG!!...as you've been told repeatedly...
3. Chevy wouldn't touch that trade and I'm sure HuGo wouldn't either...
4. Glue is for childrens' crafts...DO NOT INHALE!!...

As far as Gallagher goes, he only has a 6 team no trade list. We have no idea what 6 teams are on it.

He doesn't have a full NMC. In his case, the NMC just means he can't be waived.

He's a western Canada boy, so who knows maybe Winnipeg isn't on his NT list.

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
If it were really supposed to be Dubois for 13th OA, why wouldn’t it have fallen through ?? For Montreal to trade Romanov for the 13th in the first place, they must have known for sure about the second trade. Both trades happened at same time, so they never would have went through with the first one knowing that they really wanted PLD and that trade had fallen apart. They would have just called both off….

I don’t get these rumours

Harry Kakalovich

Like and reply
Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
Cmon you’re not giving up a Second? No offence man, but that’s crazy
A second is 3-4 years away from playing if ever
A second is an easy give
I don't think he's a difference maker and I doubt he'll be on the team when they next make the playoffs, so I'm not throwing futures at him. Vet for vet I'm fine with. Give him a try in that scenario - maybe he proves me wrong (I'm wrong all the time btw haha). But no I'm not eager to give anything for PLD. Not that PLD is a bad player or anything, he's just a second-liner and not a high priority during a major rebuild.

I'm guessing the Habs won't be competitive in the Atlantic for 3-4 years. So I see no rush to add a second-liner with possible character concerns.

Beendair Donedat

Juice Arse 2.0
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Puljujarvi can skate. He can do just about everything - except he struggles to finish and be physical. Which kind of leaves you pretty limited as a 6’4, 200 plus pound winger.

If you could convince him to play with a degree of nastiness, he’d be able to get more room and do some damage. Has all the tools to be a superstar, except the brains and the drive. I suspect he’s one of those guys that peaked when he was 18, and was never able or driven enough to make the next step.

Besides we don’t need a project winger, we have about 5 too many already.

• Haha
Reactions: BigDaddyLurch

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
If it were really supposed to be Dubois for 13th OA, why wouldn’t it have fallen through ?? For Montreal to trade Romanov for the 13th in the first place, they must have known for sure about the second trade. Both trades happened at same time, so they never would have went through with the first one knowing that they really wanted PLD and that trade had fallen apart. They would have just called both off….

I don’t get these rumours
French media looking for hits.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Would PLD be a 1st line center on most teams? That would provide a fairer appreciation rather than just looking at how he was used by the two teams he was on.

As a team, you don't do yourself any favors playing the game of "Is he a 1C on this team or a 2C on that team?" What should matter is the fit he'd have on your team.

You assess the player by what he's been able to do so far on the teams he played for. In PLD's case, Columbus and Winnipeg.

In Columbus, he was their 1C. He was their 1C when they swept Tampa in 2019. He was their 1C when they beat the Leafs in the Play-In. He had great players with him there. He didn't do it all on his own. But those great players also had PLD. And he had played big role in Columbus' biggest playoff successes.

In Winnipeg, he and Scheifele were a 1A/1B. And PLD was the most dominant player for long stretches on a team that had Scheifele, Wheeler, Connor, and Ehlers.

What happened in Columbus and how it ended? You do your due diligence. Habs have deep connections in Columbus. Hughes and Jarmo are good friends that have known each other for very long. And MSL has a deep connection with Torts. In fact, MSL worked with PLD when he was a PP consultant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad