HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #79

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I see alot of posters assuming we will get him for free in 2 years. There are so many factors that could go against us and stop that from happening. If you’re fine with us not getting him in 2 years that’s 1 thing, but the same posters telling Hughes to wait 2 years are likely the first ones who will be blaming him when we don’t get him.

Also, what if he goes and puts up back to back 70+ point seasons this year and next?
Then we’re looking at a player who will be signing 7 years 75 million. We trade for him now and we could be looking at 8 years 60 million.

There are non-negotiables that I absolutely would not trade for PLD: Suzuki, Caufield, Slaf, our 1st, Guhle.. if we can get him for a combination of players outside of that, we have to do it. If we cannot, and Chevy is unwilling to budge on his ask we walk away…but don’t assume he will be ours for free in 2 years.
The chances of him putting up back to back 70 point seasons realistically doesn’t exist, so we can ignore that concern. I’m perfectly fine with PLD never playing for the Habs, so that’s no concern for me and I don’t think he’s that good tbh.

I wouldn’t give much more than Dvorak and a small add. That’s all he’s worth imo.

MarioLeMoose

Jul 15, 2022
Excuse me? Suzuki wants to play for Jets?

Don't think so, dude. Suzuki is a Canadiens. Signed long-term already, a playoff beast, and someone who has improved every year.

Also, this isn't your board.
I never meant at all that Suzuki wanted to play for the Jets lol I said PLD is a player with the same upside as Suzuki who wants to play for us (I’m a Habs fan)
Sorry if my post was unclear.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
Hughes made his research and learned everything about Dach and talked with many people of his entourage, and asked chicago about him at least a month before the draft.
So what do you think was the verbal agreement in place? Seems Chevy pulled a used car salesman ploy.. so low class..

Your word is as good as oak!. Pft

I never meant at all that Suzuki wanted to play for the Jets lol I said PLD is a player with the same upside as Suzuki who wants to play for us (I’m a Habs fan)
Sorry if my post was unclear.
I think suzuki = PLD.. but i would not trade him ever, as he is truly our new Captain, in the mold of Bob Gainey.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
It's based off a podcast by Martin Leclerc where he said PLD was at the draft because he expected to be traded, and then corroborated by local Athletic articles. It's all in French.

When Montreal announced the Romanov/Dach trades on the draft floor, PLD expected his trade to be announced too, but obviously it didn't happen.

So it got close enough for PLD to be there for an announcement.

To add, that's what the discussion is about. PLD not only being at the draft but actually renting out a hotel room for friends & family.

And, now Brisson is trying to up the pressure in Montreal by stating over & over again how PLD only wants to be in Montreal so the French media goes into a frenzy. Brisson is trying to force Hughes hand.

I would had LOL’d if Bettman trolled Montreal with the trade…

”I have a trade to announce. It involves Montreal.”

”It also involves a former 3rd overall pick…”

”His last name starts with a D….”

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
I see alot of posters assuming we will get him for free in 2 years. There are so many factors that could go against us and stop that from happening. If you’re fine with us not getting him in 2 years that’s 1 thing, but the same posters telling Hughes to wait 2 years are likely the first ones who will be blaming him when we don’t get him.

Also, what if he goes and puts up back to back 70+ point seasons this year and next?
Then we’re looking at a player who will be signing 7 years 75 million. We trade for him now and we could be looking at 8 years 60 million.

There are non-negotiables that I absolutely would not trade for PLD: Suzuki, Caufield, Slaf, our 1st, Guhle.. if we can get him for a combination of players outside of that, we have to do it. If we cannot, and Chevy is unwilling to budge on his ask we walk away…but don’t assume he will be ours for free in 2 years.
Bravo.. perfectly put.. you strike while the iron is hot, sign him to a 7x7 extension and run.

Where i disagree is, i think one of the aforementioned players will have to go: CC

Ive proposed:

MTL gives: CC + Gally (huge cap dump)
WPG gives: PLD + WPG 1st '23 (top 3 protected)

Harry Kakalovich

Like and reply
Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
How are they not losing much? Dvorak stinks and there’s only longshots as centres in the system. We are talking about a 6’3 60 point centre that is motivated to play for the team. I wouldn’t want to face him and Playoff King Suzuki in a 7 game series.
First he's quit on 2 teams so his motivation is in question.

Second he's a second line player and the Habs suck and are rebuilding - so he's not very important.

Plus he promises to be expensive to acquire and expensive to sign.

Reactions: SlafySZN

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
So what do you think was the verbal agreement in place? Seems Chevy pulled a used car salesman ploy.. so low class..

Your word is as good as oak!. Pft

Come on, we don't even know if the habs even made a serious offer to the jets lol it's all media talk because the guy is from here.

I prefer to believe Hughes when he said he acquired a 21 year old center to develop him and help him and let him grow with suzuki, caufield and slafkovsky plus Dach fits perfectly in a rebuild because he won't cost much for at least 2-3 years and by then the cap situation will be much better. Everything Hughes said about Dach, about how they acquired him and why makes perfect sense.

Dubois don't make sense right now.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Well, yeah, Pionk was/is an offensive player and Romanov is not. But, Pionk improved his defensive game a lot, and added some physicality.

Most originally thought it was a bad deal because Pionk was not considered a good asset, but he grew into a role and developed really well.

The trade looks better in hindsight because of that development, but at the time it was heavily criticized as, "that's it."

He wasn't considered a top prospect for NYR.

No he wasn't a consider a top prospect but I didn't see him as a prospect at all, he was a proven NHLer that was trending up....he was already NYR 2nd D-men being DeAngelo.

The only player I could see matching a little bit what Pionk was is Dach......in fact, they produce the exact same numbers of points before getting traded. Dach might be, might not be a top 6 center but the potential is certainly there but although he showed he can play in this league, not sure of the level yet.

That was kind of the same for Pionk.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Hoffman is really one of Bergevin's dumbest acquisitions.

He was paid 4.5 million/year to be a winger behind Toffoli, Anderson, Gallagher, Caulfield, ... So somewhere in the bottom six with Lehkonen, Armia, Byron, and Drouin.

People were saying we needed to score more goals so he went and got a goal scorer, i understand the move even if it's a dumb one to be honest. He just didn't thought about the fact that you get a guy like that when you have a pretty complete team with playmakers.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
It was saying his interest to play home, not that's the only place he wants to play....
It would be the 1st time I see a player wanting to play for only one team.

It might be his favorite place but I'm sure he would agree to play for many different teams.
Michel Goulet.

Reactions: Runner77

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
First he's quit on 2 teams so his motivation is in question.

Second he's a second line player and the Habs suck and are rebuilding - so he's not very important.

Plus he promises to be expensive to acquire and expensive to sign.
He literally played in Columbus with the worst coach ever, it’s not a surprise he wanted out. He’s now stuck in by far the worst city in the NHL. I’d want out too.

CaptainKirk

Sep 27, 2004
Moncton
It’s all part of a game of chicken. The main reason he’s so enticing is he’s trying to force his way out, lowering his trade value. That’s why we’re interested. Because, theoretically, we can get him for cheap without giving up futures, or WPG risks losing him for nothing. If they want full value back, that’s when the negotiator says, “Fine, lose him for nothing. He’ll be ours in two years anyway”, trying to call their bluff and make them cave, giving him up for something instead of nothing. WPG says they want full value and act like it’s not an issue. MTL says we can get him for free and acts like we don’t even need him. Comprise is somewhere in the middle, i.e. PLD getting traded for less than he’s worth. How much less is the game they’re playing.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Some team that needs fire power up front and wants to get rid of a bad D contract with 2 years remaining at around 4.5M per year.

Know any such contracts?
Honestly wouldn't say no to Barrie. This team has lacked a passer on the point for the PP since Markov left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad