HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #79

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
this is true and he thought he could convince him to stay; and he again was convinced he could do it after Bowness was hired

Probably because his dad is there, they thought they could convince him to stay.

I'm like are you kidding me? He's assistant coach for Manitoba Moose, who cares? They probably still rarely see each other with road trips, etc.

Svart

Live Slow, Die Fat
Jul 5, 2006
duboisdrouin.jpeg

:laugh:

Supersonic

May 27, 2013
Ontario
Price and Gallagher are my top 2 hopefuls for being traded but I’ll be more than happy if we were to see Hoffman, Armia or Drouin gone

I think we could probably get some sort of value for any other contract we have

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Well, we would be losing out on a 24 yo C with the same upside as Suzuki who WANTS to play for us.

If you’re not willing to trade any prospect or a 1st, there’s no point in even discussing PLD as you are clearly devaluing his obvious worth.

Excuse me? Suzuki wants to play for Jets?

Don't think so, dude. Suzuki is a Canadiens. Signed long-term already, a playoff beast, and someone who has improved every year.

Also, this isn't your board.

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
Well, we would be losing out on a 24 yo C with the same upside as Suzuki who WANTS to play for us.

If you’re not willing to trade any prospect or a 1st, there’s no point in even discussing PLD as you are clearly devaluing his obvious worth.

Complain to Pat Brisson, not us. Also fixing that locker room would probably help enticing young players.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I think most people who say wait two years also mean if the Habs never get him, they are not losing much.

Personally I would not want to trade a 1st for PLD or any prospect the Habs feel has a future in the organization. But if they made a vet for vet trade and added a mid-round pick or an out of favor prospect I'd be ok with that.
How are they not losing much? Dvorak stinks and there’s only longshots as centres in the system. We are talking about a 6’3 60 point centre that is motivated to play for the team. I wouldn’t want to face him and Playoff King Suzuki in a 7 game series.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Has Incarcerated Bob ever gotten anything right?
I mean that seriously, as I do not know. Has he proven himself to be a connected insider?

Multiple times.....but I'm not sure he's calling that he know something cause that tweet came with a retweet showing Habs added cap space while talking about getting some flexibility.

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 60M/yr scam artist, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
The way I see it we don’t need Dubois at all right now, not a good fit. He’ll cost way too much and HuGo will have an opportunity to draft a #1 center in 2023. Dach could also surprise in the next two years so I’d rather wait and see what we got before trading for Dubois, I think we can afford to be patient.

Keep him as a plan B in case things don‘t go as planned, if he really wants to play here he can wait 2 more years.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
How are they not losing much? Dvorak stinks and there’s only longshots as centres in the system. We are talking about a 6’3 60 point centre that is motivated to play for the team. I wouldn’t want to face him and Playoff King Suzuki in a 7 game series.

It depends which Dubois shows up, he was brutal in the 2021 playoffs.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I would have consider Pionk a young NHLer with potential to be fair, not just an OK prospect....he was a young NHLer who was doing quite well already for a D-men. One and half season under the belt, 23 years old and producing offensively.....more than Romanov did practically at the same age for perspective.

14 points in 28 games
26 points in 73 games

Well, yeah, Pionk was/is an offensive player and Romanov is not. But, Pionk improved his defensive game a lot, and added some physicality.

Most originally thought it was a bad deal because Pionk was not considered a good asset, but he grew into a role and developed really well.

The trade looks better in hindsight because of that development, but at the time it was heavily criticized as, "that's it."

He wasn't considered a top prospect for NYR.

Reactions: Runner77

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019

Oh really Suzuki WANTS to play for the Jets? Show us some proof. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad