HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #79

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
He said he wanted to go to a big market when he was in Columbus and they traded him to Winnipeg. So I’d say it’s the same request. Jets hoped having his dad there would change his mind. It didn’t. They gamble, lost and now need to recoup as much as they can.

I still think he’d be a great Hab but not at any price.
So true

Can't give the farm, but need to have a fair deal

Reactions: Sterling Archer

B1g B1rd

Habs Best Def of all times
May 21, 2018
He said he wanted to go to a big market when he was in Columbus and they traded him to Winnipeg. So I’d say it’s the same request. Jets hoped having his dad there would change his mind. It didn’t. They gamble, lost and now need to recoup as much as they can.

I still think he’d be a great Hab but not at any price.
Ok... fair enough... But lets see in 2 years!

Reactions: Sterling Archer

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Dach and Dvorak are worth way more than Evans
Jets could have had Pitlick for free. Pezzetta is worth a 7tb.
Hoffman, Armia and Savard don't have any real value.

Anderson is worth way more than Pezzetta/Pitlick.

This is terrible thought out, if thought out at all..
Re the centers, In my view Evans is worth less but if they want him more than the other two, why not?

Pitlick for two years at $1.1M is a good deal.

Any NHL player at minimum salary is worth way more than a 7th, probably more like a 4th for Pez, but again, their choice. . They can have a straight 4th instead of either player.

Of course Anderson is worth more than a real bottom 6 player, but they only get him if they take a second vet. Those vets have some value on the ice, Winnipeg can take the one or two they could use the most.

is waiting 2 seasons such a big deal?
No, as long as we realize that waiting likely means the opportunity actually does not come up again. Which is fine if the club does not really feel he fits their rebuild at this time.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
6n2jq6.jpg

MarioLeMoose

Jul 15, 2022
I see alot of posters assuming we will get him for free in 2 years. There are so many factors that could go against us and stop that from happening. If you’re fine with us not getting him in 2 years that’s 1 thing, but the same posters telling Hughes to wait 2 years are likely the first ones who will be blaming him when we don’t get him.

Also, what if he goes and puts up back to back 70+ point seasons this year and next?
Then we’re looking at a player who will be signing 7 years 75 million. We trade for him now and we could be looking at 8 years 60 million.

There are non-negotiables that I absolutely would not trade for PLD: Suzuki, Caufield, Slaf, our 1st, Guhle.. if we can get him for a combination of players outside of that, we have to do it. If we cannot, and Chevy is unwilling to budge on his ask we walk away…but don’t assume he will be ours for free in 2 years.

Harry Kakalovich

Like and reply
Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
I see alot of posters assuming we will get him for free in 2 years. There are so many factors that could go against us and stop that from happening. If you’re fine with us not getting him in 2 years that’s 1 thing, but the same posters telling Hughes to wait 2 years are likely the first ones who will be blaming him when we don’t get him.

Also, what if he goes and puts up back to back 70+ point seasons this year and next?
Then we’re looking at a player who will be signing 7 years 75 million. We trade for him now and we could be looking at 8 years 60 million.

There are non-negotiables that I absolutely would not trade for PLD: Suzuki, Caufield, Slaf, our 1st, Guhle.. if we can get him for a combination of players outside of that, we have to do it. If we cannot, and Chevy is unwilling to budge on his ask we walk away…but don’t assume he will be ours for free in 2 years.
I think most people who say wait two years also mean if the Habs never get him, they are not losing much.

Personally I would not want to trade a 1st for PLD or any prospect the Habs feel has a future in the organization. But if they made a vet for vet trade and added a mid-round pick or an out of favor prospect I'd be ok with that.

MarioLeMoose

Jul 15, 2022
I think most people who say wait two years also mean if the Habs never get him, they are not losing much.

Personally I would not want to trade a 1st for PLD or any prospect the Habs feel has a future in the organization. But if they made a vet for vet trade and added a mid-round pick or an out of favor prospect I'd be ok with that.
Well, we would be losing out on a 24 yo C with the same upside as Suzuki who WANTS to play for us.

If you’re not willing to trade any prospect or a 1st, there’s no point in even discussing PLD as you are clearly devaluing his obvious worth.

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal
Well, we would be losing out on a 24 yo C with the same upside as Suzuki who WANTS to play for us.

If you’re not willing to trade any prospect or a 1st, there’s no point in even discussing PLD as you are clearly devaluing his obvious worth.
If he really wants to play for us, he'll sign with us

If he doesn't, well just too bad, onto the next

Harry Kakalovich

Like and reply
Sep 26, 2002
Montreal

I don't see PLD as having anything close to Suzuki's upside. Suzuki is already one of the best defensive forwards in the NHL. PLD is an average defender maybe. Plus PLD's development has been choppy, and he's older. I don't think they're comparable at all. Add to the fact that at 24 he has already quit on 2 NHL teams? I'm sorry, but he's nowhere near the player Suzuki is, and if you can't see that all these things lower his value, well I've got some things I'd like to sell you...

MarioLeMoose

Jul 15, 2022
I don't see PLD as having anything close to Suzuki's upside. Suzuki is already one of the best defensive forwards in the NHL. PLD is an average defender maybe. Plus PLD's development has been choppy, and he's older. I don't think they're comparable at all. Add to the fact that at 24 he has already quit on 2 NHL teams? I'm sorry, but he's nowhere near the player Suzuki is, and if you can't see that all these things lower his value, well I've got some things I'd like to sell you...
Nowhere near the player Suzuki is, get real dude…

Of course it lowers his value, hence why I said I would not trade any of our top assets for him. However, If you think his value is that of an expendable veteran and a draft pick that isn’t a 1st then good luck selling any of your things.

Reactions: rickthegoon

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
How is Chaz an average prospect???

And again - this is under the assumption, from an Islanders fan, that Barzal refused too resign, who asked for a 1st, roster player, and prospect.

And mid 1st is much more likely.

Settle the f*** down.
Who cares what an Islanders fan asked for? Anyone who's a tad bit logical would realize how absolutely ludicrous that offer is. On top of that Barzal is an RFA at the end of his contract; there's no need for the NYI to simply give him away. Anderson is barely a top 6 forward, and there are myriads of players with similar stats to Lucius that haven't done squat in the NHL. So, yes, average prospect applies. To top it all off, not to burst your delusional bubble, but look at the bottom 15 teams in the NHL this year. Do you seriously expect any of them to be better than Florida?

Finally, the second line in bold, I think you mean ''to re-sign'', right? It doesn't matter if he refuses to re-sign, as he's an RFA. His value won't plummet and go down the drain. We're talking about a kid who scored 85 points in his rookie year, and, even though he's never repeated said production, he's still shown that he's a very solid 1st line center. Those don't grow on trees. You're off your rocker.

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007

His value to Winnipeg goes down by the day and they know it. At the TDL in 2024 he will hold rental value a late 2024 1st from a contender, a prospect but they will need to retain half his salary. If they want to move on from him, and deal him to Montreal now, that is the most I offer but they need to take equal cap back that they can flip for more picks and Montreal's 1st will be better as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad