Prospect Info: Oliver Kapanen, RHC, KalPa U20 (U20 SM-sarja), 64th Overall

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Dvorak was good like a good veteran, still at this time I'd take Kapanen now but it may be better to let Dvorak play this season, get a late first at TDL and know Kapanen can take his place next season. Asset management, he's young, it will be good for him to play 1st line back in europe one last season while things gets settled here.
If we get a first for Dvorak, I'll be including "Went Wughes" in every post for the following year.

Reactions: themilosh

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I was hoping Kapanen would be in the mix but ultimately I expected him to go dominate in the SHL but everything he did or touch turn to gold he was noticeable on every shift it might be hard than expected. I knew he was looking good but right now he looking like some who can have a impact. The only down side is that now we don’t have much time to get Evan’s or Dvorak value up and he is a other Righty.

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
Kapanen, Xhekaj, and Mailloux were some really nice parting gifts from Timmins. The 2021 draft isn't 2022, but it's turning out pretty good

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Everytime he was on the ice he reminded me of Lekhonen with better skating. His edges create a lot of space.
If Lane was the most impressive defenceman on the ice last night, then Kapanen was among the most impressive forwards. His emergence will make a number of players, both roster and prospects, expendable. High end talent and depth, Hughes is slowly assembling a contender. With Demidov and Hage on the horizon and seven high draft choices ( firsts and seconds) over the next two years, this could get interesting.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Didn't think he had much chance of shining given his linemates, boy was i wrong.

He's got that killer instinct, a swagger to his game.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
1st pick no

But a 2nd, I wouldn’t be surprise at all. His the type of player teams are looking for at the TDL
Especially ones who need insurance for/ against injury (cup window is now). Dvo is an ideal TDL pick up.. ideally all three of the Amigos find themselves on cup contenders for 2025.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad