HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #79

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
They'd probably hang up right away. I'm willing to wait 2 years also, it's not a big deal. Knowing PLD wants to leave, and wants to specifically go to Montreal really sours his trade value to other teams as he's only seen as a 1-2 year rental at most. So you're essentially paying for 2 years of RFA years for PLD. Clearly, none of the young key players are going to be included as both teams know it's not worth it. Right away, they're going to ask for a few picks, probably 2-3 mid tier(2-3 Rd) picks. Then they'll ask for a centre to replace PLD. Dvorak is the only sensible option. Then they'll probably ask for a mid winger in the vein of a Gallagher, Armia, etc. Habs would want to alleviate cap so I could actually see them giving away Anderson if Armia is also combined. A B-level prospect will probably also be included.

So I can see PLD for:

Dvorak, Anderson, Armia, 2nd, 3rd, B-Prospect
NO. The only way they get Anderson is if they take Gallagher and since he would never waive to go to Winnipeg - no deal.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I really have the feeling that Hughes made a really good offer a the draft for Dubois including the 13th overall. And then trading it for Dach was to get leverage on the situation. Winnipeg knew that Hughes had no choice to get a potential 2C for next season and maybe they tought Mtl would upgrade the trade offer for Dubois. Instead we traded for Dach and we have no more the necessity of Dubois. If we get it at a fait price, perfect. If not, too bad.

We still have the assets to make it done but Winnipeg is not in a situation where they can have a king ransom from us. And also from other teams because if its true that Dubois only want to play for Mtl, why would you overpay for Dubois.

So my trade offer would be :
Anderson or Dvorak (each one value is a 1st)
+
Florida 1st
+
A good prospect between maybe : Barron/Mailloux/Farrell/Mhysak/Harris/Xhekaj (Harris I would feel cheap...)
+
Paul Byron or Hoffman

And max a 4th or 5h pick.

Maybe its too much what Im proposing and Hoffman could be a Tatar for them.
You said why would you overpay and then proceed to overpay. The difference between Dubois and DVORAK is not anywhere in the same stratosphere as Anderson + an unprotected 1st + a good prospect. This is an overpayment of epic proportions. No thank you.

Last edited:

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
NO. The only way they get Anderson is if they take Gallagher and since he would never waive to go to Winnipeg - no deal.
I don't think they take Gallaghers contract. Armia is a real possibility. Honestly I don't see a place for Anderson going forward and if they have PLD, Slafkovsky, Dach, etc it makes him obsolete. I'd prefer they take Gally but chances are they won't. Give and take

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Club Elected Salary Arbitration eligibility (second window):

• For the 2021-22 off-season, due to the extended season schedule (originally intended for the Olympics), the second window spans Jul 17, 2022 at 5:01pm ET to July 18, 2022 at 5:00pm ET

Oh so it opens when the players one closes. Nice. We'll know tomorrow by 5 pm.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
You said why would you overpay and then proceed to overpay. The difference between Dubois and DVORAK is not anywhere in the same stratosphere as Anderson + an protected 1st + a good prospect. This is an overpayment of epic proportions. No thank you.

They got 2 pieces for Trouba. An ok prospect who actually ended up as top 4 RD for them and a 1st which was Ville Heinola, who they don't seem to want to play.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
PLD is not coming here, not in the short term anyways.

HuGo is busy figuring out ways to shed salary, making sure the Habs finish last for years. Yesterday's trade was brutal. HuGo's off season moves have been subpar, apart from the Dadonov deal. Moving Romanov and acquiring Dach was a step backwards. I must say tearing apart BargainBin's mess is quite challenging.

The french media is at it again, conspiring and fooling us fans. PLD is a slight upgrade over Drouin. He hasn't exactly moved the needle for the Jets. The Habs are rebuilding, why the heck would Dubois want to join? It makes no sense giving up assets from the Habs' perspective.

I rather see HuGo get creative and rid himself of Price, Drouin, Byron, Armia and Gallagher.
Disagree. It’s obvious he wants out of Winnipeg and now. Chevy just trying to get the best price now. You can’t have PLD back in training camp. It’s complete cancer to a team that’s in their spot.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Club Elected Salary Arbitration eligibility (second window):

• For the 2021-22 off-season, due to the extended season schedule (originally intended for the Olympics), the second window spans Jul 17, 2022 at 5:01pm ET to July 18, 2022 at 5:00pm ET

So we should know by tomorrow if Jets file for team elected arbitration.

I don't see the Jets do that.

If a trade doesn't materialize, the best thing is for PLD to sign his QO and start the year with the Jets and go from there. He needs to stay a pro about it.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
PLD is not coming here, not in the short term anyways.

HuGo is busy figuring out ways to shed salary, making sure the Habs finish last for years. Yesterday's trade was brutal. HuGo's off season moves have been subpar, apart from the Dadonov deal. Moving Romanov and acquiring Dach was a step backwards. I must say tearing apart BargainBin's mess is quite challenging.

The french media is at it again, conspiring and fooling us fans. PLD is a slight upgrade over Drouin. He hasn't exactly moved the needle for the Jets. The Habs are rebuilding, why the heck would Dubois want to join? It makes no sense giving up assets from the Habs' perspective.

I rather see HuGo get creative and rid himself of Price, Drouin, Byron, Armia and Gallagher

The other teams are not stupid as we have seen. They are not all like Arizona willing to get salaries. Every teams are stuck cause of the cap. It's almost impossible to give out salary. It doesn't matter for us cause we are tanking so we can ride this out all year. Drouin come off the books next year. Next year is gonna be the crucial time to shed salary.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
They got 2 pieces for Trouba. An ok prospect who actually ended up as top 4 RD for them and a 1st which was Ville Heinola, who they don't seem to want to play.

I would have consider Pionk a young NHLer with potential to be fair, not just an OK prospect....he was a young NHLer who was doing quite well already for a D-men. One and half season under the belt, 23 years old and producing offensively.....more than Romanov did practically at the same age for perspective.

14 points in 28 games
26 points in 73 games

Destopcorner

Apr 29, 2018
They'd probably hang up right away. I'm willing to wait 2 years also, it's not a big deal. Knowing PLD wants to leave, and wants to specifically go to Montreal really sours his trade value to other teams as he's only seen as a 1-2 year rental at most. So you're essentially paying for 2 years of RFA years for PLD. Clearly, none of the young key players are going to be included as both teams know it's not worth it. Right away, they're going to ask for a few picks, probably 2-3 mid tier(2-3 Rd) picks. Then they'll ask for a centre to replace PLD. Dvorak is the only sensible option. Then they'll probably ask for a mid winger in the vein of a Gallagher, Armia, etc. Habs would want to alleviate cap so I could actually see them giving away Anderson if Armia is also combined. A B-level prospect will probably also be included.

So I can see PLD for:

This is way too much for PLD.

The way I see it, Dach was about to be swap at the draft and something happened. Dubois wouldn't attend a draft for no reason... I mean these events are boring af for players.

Habs simply don't need Dach if Dubois comes back and Dvorak plays 3rd C.

Question is whats the value difference between Dach/Dooby and how can the + make the cap work?

Thinking about it, Armia makes a lot of sense. He loved it there and I believe most fans would welcome him back with open arms. He might be seen as negative value for his salary but he brings immediate help and fits Win competitive narrative.

Third piece ask was probably Mailloux or Barron (brother connection) and imo that's where Hugo didn't budge. RD are thin and with the add of Matheson, it's clear our LD's prospects are the D bait now.

Dach/Armia/any prospect not named Guhle/pick? is pretty good value and would tightly fit under the cap with a PLD friendly ~7m/8years contract....

Last edited:

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
Disagree. It’s obvious he wants out of Winnipeg and now. Chevy just trying to get the best price now. You can’t have PLD back in training camp. It’s complete cancer to a team that’s in their spot.
Question that comes up then is does PLD simply want to get out of the Peg or does he want to join the Habs overwhelmingly over any other team, and if it's the latter, does that not completely degrade his trade value in the eyes of other GMs (since that not only makes him a rental, but one unwilling to sign long term)?

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Question that comes up then is does PLD simply want to get out of the Peg or does he want to join the Habs overwhelmingly over any other team, and if it's the latter, does that not completely degrade his trade value in the eyes of other GMs (since that not only makes him a rental, but one unwilling to sign long term)?
His agent said he basically only wants to play for the Habs. And yes. It should diminish his trade value greatly especially that they’re so open about it in the media.

Reactions: DailyKaizen

A Loyal Demidog

Marc Bergevin's Bitch
Oct 20, 2016
There is no way HuGo reneged on a deal. If they agree to a deal they are happy with the return and wouldn't change their mind even if a better offer came along. The most likely scenario is that Chevaldayoff saw Dubois and his 100 friends in the loge and thought he could get more out of HuGo because they wouldn't want to ruin the show. Of course if he did badly miscalculated because there is no way HuGo was going to up their offer.
If that’s the case, I seriously cannot wait to see Dubois leave for absolutely nothing as UFA.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

So I can see PLD for:

6 pieces for a .66 ppg player?
.66ppg player after 5 seasons, equates to 54-55 pt seasons.......................this is not McJesus, it's PLD.
Man, easy does it..............
The Jets really don't have leverage............so think about that, for just a moment.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
This is way too much for PLD.

The way I see it, Dach was about to be swap at the draft and something happened. Dubois wouldn't attend a draft for no reason... I mean these events are boring af for players.

Habs simply don't need Dach if Dubois comes back and Dvorak plays 3rd C.

Question is whats the value difference between Dach/Dooby and how can the + make the cap work?

Thinking about it, Armia makes a lot of sense. He loved it there and I believe most fans would welcome him back with open arms. He might be seen as negative value for his salary but he brings immediate help and fits Win competitive narrative.

Third piece ask was probably Mailloux or Barron (brother connection) and imo that's where Hugo didn't budge. RD are thin and with the add of Matheson, it's clear our LD's prospects are the D bait now.

Dach/Armia/any prospect not named Guhle/pick? is pretty good value and would tightly fit under the cap with a PLD friendly ~7m/8years contract....
If the ask includes dach, Habs should just wait 2 years. PLDs trade value is very low as he's made it clear he's testing free agency and wants to play for the Habs. I personally see dach as a C who can switch to the wing. If Habs get a C next draft he'll probably shift to the wing. If they draft a W, PLD will probably eventually play C and dach will switch to the wing. Dvorak probably doesn't want to stay in Montreal. Might as well give him away in a package if a trade is presented

A Loyal Demidog

Marc Bergevin's Bitch
Oct 20, 2016
Difference is that was a 2019 pick. I do not want to give up a 2023 pick at all for Dubois not even Florida's. It's a generational draft.
I’d offer WPG a top-10 protected 2024 1st round pick + Dvorak + any (or a combo) of Gallagher/Drouin/Hoffman/Armia.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006

So I can see PLD for:

Center pick: Dach or Dvorak or Evans
Bottom 6 pick: Pitlick or Pezzetta
Vet pick: Hoffman or Armia or Savard
Extra option: Anderson instead of Pitlick/Pezzetta if they take a second vet

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Center pick: Dach or Dvorak or Evans
Bottom 6 pick: Pitlick or Pezzetta
Vet pick: Hoffman or Armia or Savard
Extra option: Anderson instead of Pitlick/Pezzetta if they take a second vet
Dach and Dvorak are worth way more than Evans
Jets could have had Pitlick for free. Pezzetta is worth a 7tb.
Hoffman, Armia and Savard don't have any real value.

Anderson is worth way more than Pezzetta/Pitlick.

This is terrible thought out, if thought out at all..

B1g B1rd

Habs Best Def of all times
May 21, 2018
So he did it to Columbus and is doing the exact same s... to Winnipeg? We don't need a guy like PLD. In 2 years, we'll see. Maybe.. IF he fits... I just hope HuGo doesn't pay assets to get this guy.

Reactions: Harry Kakalovich

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
So we should know by tomorrow if Jets file for team elected arbitration.

I don't see the Jets do that.

If a trade doesn't materialize, the best thing is for PLD to sign his QO and start the year with the Jets and go from there. He needs to stay a pro about it.
At this point, it's already gotten to be a distraction and a potential locker room negative impact going forward, like for us with Petry. I know if I were the Jets brass I wouldn't want him with the team at training camp. Take the best deal you can get and cut your losses.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
So he did it to Columbus and is doing the exact same s... to Winnipeg? We don't need a guy like PLD. In 2 years, we'll see. Maybe.. IF he fits... I just hope HuGo doesn't pay assets to get this guy.
He said he wanted to go to a big market when he was in Columbus and they traded him to Winnipeg. So I’d say it’s the same request. Jets hoped having his dad there would change his mind. It didn’t. They gambled, lost and now need to recoup as much as they can.

I still think he’d be a great Hab but not at any price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad