HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #79

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Dubois will be tired after 2 years of Hoffman, Price, Gally, Armia dead cap and bolt as a UFA lmao

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
What would it realistically take to land Dubois? Dvorak + Anderson + a B prospect like Harris or Mysak maybe?
I don't feel like there is enough difference between Dubois and Dvorak to add Anderson to the equation. The Jets might not feel that way, but statistically the difference isn't that big (Anderson's value) and some people even think Dubois should play wing.

Saying that, dumping both Dvorak and Anderson would help the Habs cap space a lot without impacting the line-up that much since Dubois/Dach can replace Dvorak and Slaf/Dach/Dubois can replace Anderson.

Also, they apparently want a D prospect. Pick someone not named Hutson/Guhle from the LD pool, we got plenty of those.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I think they'd almost certainly need to include Guhle......which is tough

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Yeah because jets won't do this. Some of you are living a fantasy

And you're living a fantasy ignoring that Dubois is on record at saying he will force his way to UFA in 2 years. And then a few weeks later, his agent says he does want to play for the Habs.

You clearly don't believe in leverage and a declining value asset as he heads towards UFA. You say we we are living a fantasy but how would you feel if we said you were ignorant?

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Edmundson is from MB, considering all that’s gone on for his family, maybe moving closer to home is an attractive option? WPG can definitely use strong vets on defence.

Reactions: Destopcorner

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I don't feel like there is enough difference between Dubois and Dvorak to add Anderson to the equation. The Jets might not feel that way, but statistically the difference isn't that big (Anderson's value) and some people even think Dubois should play wing.

Saying that, dumping both Dvorak and Anderson would help the Habs cap space a lot without impacting the line-up that much since Dubois/Dach can replace Dvorak and Slaf/Dach/Dubois can replace Anderson.

Also, they apparently want a D prospect. Pick someone not named Hutson/Guhle from the LD pool, we got plenty of those.

Ding, Ding, Ding. We got a winner. Dubois is worth more than Dvorak but the difference is not Anderson.

Jets can try to stand their ground all they want. The longer they wait, the worse it gets.

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
Gorton knows what’s up, he got Trouba the same way (from the Jets).

It was key that PLD’s agent publicly stated his client is interested in MTL (more leverage for HuGo).

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Edmundson is from MB, considering all that’s gone on for his family, maybe moving closer to home is an attractive option? WPG can definitely use strong vets on defence.

I actually pondered that as well. However, I value Edmundson being with us to help shelter the young players and also groom them. Good leader to have.

If they insist on Eddy, they are not getting him for meh value in the package.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I'm leaning that way too. For as much as I like Dubois, I rather use pieces like Dach, Panthers 1st, and Kidney. Dvorak is in the package regardless.

Norlinder might be the better play but they won't value him that high.
I don’t think we need to rush into a Dubois trade. He’s gonna be a UFA in two years and that’s when we likely enter win now mode.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Gorton knows what’s up, he got Trouba the same way (from the Jets).

It was key that PLD’s agent publicly stated his client is interested in MTL (more leverage for HuGo).

Agreed. It also went on for more than a year too where Jets finally moved Trouba with one RFA year left. Could happen as well with Dubois. Our offers only get less the closer he gets to UFA.

What GM other than the Habs GM is going to offer top value when he quit on two teams and said he wants to play for the Habs? Do they really gamble like the Jets did and trade for him where the try to convince him to stay? I think they would have to open the bank at $9M+ today to make him think about it in a sign/trade situation. Maybe Dubois considers that.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
No deal, then.

Agreed. Pretty simple. We are only interested if the cost is something we can live without and it's around what the Rangers paid for Trouba.

Leverage people. Get it through your thick skull

I don’t think we need to rush into a Dubois trade. He’s gonna be a UFA in two years and that’s when we likely enter win now mode.

We don't have to yes. I've been active with this and some of the annoying posters will think I'm obsessive with it. It's not the case.

I'm very interested but only with a price we can afford to live without and Dubois is willing to sign 7x7. Those posters who think Dubois should be offered value for his entire prime are off the rails.

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
Honestly some people don't understand the idea of leverage. Thank god Hughes does.

We aren't a contending team, PLD has pretty much let it be known he is signing here as an UFA. We have all the leverage. Any players we send the Jets are as a salary dump to be able to sign him long term now, otherwise screw it. You can keep him jets abd see you in free agency.

It doesn't matter what in a normal world he would be worth in a trade. Who else is going to trade for him given his public stance about Montréal????

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016

So replace Anderson by Edmundston maybe? Dvo + Edms + B prospect.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I think they'd almost certainly need to include Guhle......which is tough
No it's actually very simple. Dubois was never in our rebuilding plans and we aren't about to send any of our top prospects anywhere to accommodate his whims. Hughes probably talked with Brisson if it's permissible and let him know that while we may have an interest we certainly aren't in a position to act on it this season. I don't think it's even worth discussing until we see a significant reduction to our Cap structure.

Krett Bulak

Jun 21, 2010
I love the proposals here for Dubois 🤣🤣

Dvorak + Drouin + Norlinder type of trade ?? What the hell guys...

Let's move all our cap dumps + failing prospects for a star PPG player LOL

There is no way they trade PLD if it's not against a 1st round pick and another strong prospect like Guhle to even start the discussion

Reactions: Sebastien

DAChampion

May 28, 2011

There is no way they trade PLD if it's not against a 1st round pick and another strong prospect like Guhle to even start the discussion
When did Dubois become a ppg player?

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Capped league…
Winnipeg cannot find players to play for them. They don’t have cap issues as much as they have “we have to overpay all our players do they stay” issues.

Sending Andy+Dvo to Winnipeg is to do them a favour — they get two legitimate and already developed NHLers where they currently and will generally always have trouble acquiring.

CaptainKirk

Sep 27, 2004
Moncton

I'm sure it would be more than our crap but they aren't paying full price. WPG may get nothing in 2 years.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022

Name some similar trades and what the package looked like.

It’s funny to see people overvalue trade values and be proven wrong time and time again. Pacioretty was dumped for ZERO return. It’s a buyer’s market.

We don't need Dubois period
We don’t need any good, established, NHL player. We could simply wait for our one in ten first round picks to develop into an NHLer and not bust. In about a hundred years we will have ten of them.

Reactions: DAChampion
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad