HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #79

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Krett Bulak

Jun 21, 2010
You realize Dubois is unsigned and doesn’t want a long contract and went public with his desire to hit UFA in two years

He has zero obligation to sign anywhere if he doesn’t want to
I realise that ! :)

Shouldn't lower his value as a player for a team wanting to sign him long term. There is no guarantee we would land him in 2 years + we might get outbid by several teams then.

His value now is still high IMO

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022

Shouldn't lower his value as a player for a team wanting to sign him long term. There is no guarantee we would land him in 2 years + we might get outbid by several teams then.

I think when he gets traded, the return will disappoint WPG fans no matter what. They are not trading from a position of strength

Stoneburg

Mar 21, 2004
Fishing
Dubois, is not a PPG player, he is WAY overrated around here. He was tied for 80th in points last year, people act like he is a franchise player. He is not, and yes, I have seen him play.

Was he impressive at the World Championships? Sure. But he has yet to play like that consistently in 360+ games played.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
If Winnipeg wants to get assets for PLD but are willing to tread water on cap hit, they can get the assets agreed to and take expiring contracts back.

Dubois for Florida 1st plus B+ prospect plus Byron and Drouin (40% retained) for the year.

Dubois 7 years $6.5M
A late 1st, some prospect and cap dump… pretty that that doesn’t get it done…
Also PLD QA offer was more than 6.5M$ so pretty sure he isn’t signing for less than 7M$.

Reactions: Sebastien

Guy Larose

Jan 25, 2018
Dubois, is not a PPG player, he is WAY overrated around here. He was tied for 80th in points last year, people act like he is a franchise player. He is not, and yes, I have seen him play.

Was he impressive at the World Championships? Sure. But he has yet to play like that consistently in 360+ games played.
He just turned 24, lets give him a break lol

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Cheveldayoff is gonna get killed in any trade especially if it’s true that Dubois only wants Montreal
Dvorak and Anderson is more than enough for him
It’s gives them 2 veterans that will help them compete
They will not get any grade A prospects or any lottery picks
Dvorak and Anderson are both worth a 1st pick on the market. So it is good value they get back..

Tack on a prospect like Kidney or Roy or a 2nd pick instead to seal it.

Sebastien

May 1, 2022
Cheveldayoff is gonna get killed in any trade especially if it’s true that Dubois only wants Montreal
Dvorak and Anderson is more than enough for him
It’s gives them 2 veterans that will help them compete
They will not get any grade A prospects or any lottery picks
No it's not..Noth are long term contract bothbare players coming off poor season especially Dvorak. Some of you need to wake up and realize for deals happen in nhk like Fiala one. Dvorak doesn't have value that many of you on here does. Same with Josh. Stop believing things the gm is trying to sell in media

Dvorak and Anderson are both worth a 1st pick on the market. So it is good value they get back..

Tack on a prospect like Kidney or Roy or a 2nd pick instead to seal it.
If they were teams would have. Some of you need to realize teams openly laughed at the 1st round pick former gm gave fir Dvorak,. Only on hf do people believe thus. It never sees to amazed me

Jack Skellington

Sep 29, 2017
No it's not..Noth are long term contract bothbare players coming off poor season especially Dvorak. Some of you need to wake up and realize for deals happen in nhk like Fiala one. Dvorak doesn't have value that many of you on here does. Same with Josh. Stop believing things the gm is trying to sell in media

If they were teams would have. Some of you need to realize teams openly laughed at the 1st round pick former gm gave fir Dvorak,. Only on hf do people believe thus. It never sees to amazed me
Dvorak had a better season than Anderson

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
That’s what I mean Cheveldayoff knows he’s gone
Now he’s in a contest that he won’t win

The jets want to remain competitive
They don’t only want prospects Throw in Flas pick That as far as Hughes should go
They’re not getting guhle
There’s zero chance and they’re not getting our first
Cheveldayoff will lose this trade
Love your avatar btw!

Reactions: larrymoeschemp

Sebastien

May 1, 2022
That’s what I mean Cheveldayoff knows he’s gone
Now he’s in a contest that he won’t win

The jets want to remain competitive
They don’t only want prospects Throw in Flas pick That as far as Hughes should go
They’re not getting guhle
There’s zero chance and they’re not getting our first
Cheveldayoff will lose this trade
According to an hf guy. Newsflash, the gm tried using the media to hype uo certain players and wasn't able to because a lot of gm are being careful. Some guy will trade for him since some of you seem to think a hated division rival will just give away A Center with two years left and get back crap

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Dubois is not signing a long term contract anywhere in the NHL for 6.5 million and I know from you post your smart enough to know this
I'm not the GM but if I were I would stidk with my evaluation that he is a 55-60 point player and this is what I would pay. Other teams are free to get themselves in cap trouble if they want, as Montreal GM I would not want to repeat that error. Top dollars go to your best players. PLD has not shown he is that top-flight player yet. On a team chart, if we were contending, we would have Suzuki, Caufield, Slafkovsky, our #1D, Guhle, and maybe a goalie all ahead of him.

How many $9M players do we want to have?

He just turned 24, lets give him a break lol
A break? Sure.

A $60M contract? Not yet.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022

Yes it SHOULD. If he wants to play for Montreal he takes what's offered (hopefully 7.5 at the most). If he wants to maximize hi earnings he can go somewhere else.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I love the proposals here for Dubois 🤣🤣

Dvorak + Drouin + Norlinder type of trade ?? What the hell guys...

Let's move all our cap dumps + failing prospects for a star PPG player LOL

There is no way they trade PLD if it's not against a 1st round pick and another strong prospect like Guhle to even start the discussion
Star player, possibly.......................PPG not even close..................take a look at his point totals, nothing really good yet.
He is .66 ppg which equates to 54 pts...........

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
7.5x7 would be a great deal for us imho - we would be in good shape in 2-3 years as the cap rises.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
He isn’t forcing us way to MTL… He is forcing us away out of Winnipeg or to a monster contract. Is agent specifically says Montreal is ONE of the city we would like to play in (but it isn’t the only city…) no one is ever going to said I don’t want to play in MTL, as long as Montreal is in the mix there 200% more media coverage which is what he really want.
I'm with you if Dubois was traded to any of the California teams initially we wouldn't be hearing a peep about wanting to play in Montreal. :laugh:

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
Auston Matthews is 24 and has shown a clear upward trajectory.

PLD scored 61 points when he was 19, and again last year, in between he had fewer points, there is no upward trajectory.

He is a good player, but not a franchise player.
Should check what line mates both players played with to make it a bit more fair don't you think?

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
Auston Matthews is 24 and has shown a clear upward trajectory.

PLD scored 61 points when he was 21, and again last year, in between he had fewer points, there is no upward trajectory.

He is a good player, but not a franchise player.
Agree. The two aren't comparable in terms of overall talent. Doobie could be a solid #2C but Matthews is a superstar

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
It sounds nice and all but I don’t expect to get PLD for a dime on the dollar. If we do, then I’ll definitely come back and give you the shoutout.

Tough one, Barron is the better defenseman now but Mailloux is like our Slaf on Defense. He’s a physical specimen with great skating that has the potential to be a 1D. Having said that, I still think Barron has barely scratched his surface. Tough one.
I'd not give up either if avoidable.

Reactions: Doc5 and Hansman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad