HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #79

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HomeAndHome

All aboard the Lane train! WooWoo
Mar 10, 2017
London, ON
I love the proposals here for Dubois 🤣🤣

Dvorak + Drouin + Norlinder type of trade ?? What the hell guys...

Let's move all our cap dumps + failing prospects for a star PPG player LOL

There is no way they trade PLD if it's not against a 1st round pick and another strong prospect like Guhle to even start the discussion
This isn't a standard trade position though, Winnipeg know that they may lose him for nothing in a couple years if they don't overpay or trade for best offer in the next couple years. We don't know all of the info., maybe they're worried his attitude will hurt the team if he plays for them at all this year, wouldn't be the first time for Dubois.

It's easy to LOL at trade proposals, but why would MTL, a team that's rebuilding and as it stands currently has no cap room, pay a 1st + Guhle + ? That's just as "LOL".

We would need to move cap out to sign him... That's were Dvorak/Byron/Hoffman/Anderson/Drouin etc are put into the equation, add in Fla 1st or a 2nd and a prospect and it starts to make sense to me for a guy who doesn't seem to want to play for his current team.

And as many have said before, if Winnipeg don't accept that... Then it doesn't make sense for MTL imo either.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Dubois' value to teams that aren't Montreal might also be affected when they deal in Winnipeg. Will they want to give up much if they get the same 'I'm hitting UFA in two years' speech from Dubois and Montreal is the only team he wouldn't say that to?

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
Auston Matthews is 24 and has shown a clear upward trajectory.

PLD scored 61 points when he was 21, and again last year, in between he had fewer points, there is no upward trajectory.

He is a good player, but not a franchise player.
He is a skilled player with size, where he and Dach will enable the likes of Farrell, Caulfield and Hutson to better impact the team.

Reactions: dralaf

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Harris isn't getting traded anytime soon. Habs recently convinced him to give up a shot at free agency and signing anywhere he wants. That would go over really well if they traded him to Winnipeg this summer.
He didn't give up anything. Isn't he a UFA after this season. There is no guarantee he stays with Montreal and no way he would re sign with Winnipeg.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
There is no realistic part to this. Jets want top value and Habs have leverage due to Dubois wanting to play in Montreal and forcing his way to UFA with two more RFA years.

I feel that the Jets will hold their ground but at some point you got to shit or get off the pot.

I rather keep Anderson and Harris too but Dvorak? I value him but come on man.
We talking about All 3 being in the same package. I would trade Dvorak with some sort of add, but it wouldn’t be Anderson and Harris. People are f***ing drunk.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
He didn't give up anything. Isn't he a UFA after this season. There is no guarantee he stays with Montreal and no way he would re sign with Winnipeg.
Harris only shaved off one year from ELC. He's not eligible to be UFA for many more years. He can't even be offer-sheeted next year because of his small amount of service time.

He's an RFA after this season
But he's ineligible to be offer-sheeted.

Reactions: calder candidate

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Harris only shaved off one year from ELC. He's not eligible to be UFA for many more years. He can't even be offer-sheeted next year because of his small amount of service time.

But he's ineligible to be offer-sheeted.
Thanks. Hopefully that means he is willing to stay with the Habs if they offer him a reasonable contract after this season.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
For PLD, I’d prefer it if they just flipped Dach and added a sweetener if necessary, rather than move Dvorak with a good asset (Anderson or Guhle or 1st).

Dvo doesn’t have the upside of Dach, but he slots into the appropriate spot on the 3rd line. Unlike with Dach, you know what you’re getting. He has good faceoff numbers and can take defensive responsibilities from NS and PLD.

NS, PLD, Dvo down the middle is solid, and it wouldn’t create another hole.

McPhees Moustache

Dec 11, 2021
Calgary
If Winnipeg wants to get assets for PLD but are willing to tread water on cap hit, they can get the assets agreed to and take expiring contracts back.

Dubois for Florida 1st plus B+ prospect plus Byron and Drouin (40% retained) for the year.

Dubois 7 years $6.5M
Dubois made 6.65M last year - he's taking a pay cut to sign here for 7 years?

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
For PLD, I’d prefer it if they just flipped Dach and added a sweetener if necessary, rather than move Dvorak with a good asset (Anderson or Guhle or 1st).

Dvo doesn’t have the upside of Dach, but he slots into the appropriate spot on the 3rd line. Unlike with Dach, you know what you’re getting. He has good faceoff numbers and can take defensive responsibilities from NS and PLD.

NS, PLD, Dvo down the middle is solid, and it wouldn’t create another hole.
Defensible take, but Dach seems like a compelling package of size, speed and skill if he gets back to full health and becomes energized by MSL.

Reactions: SpeedyPotato

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Just noticed the latest Marinaro podcast posted today on my YT front page with Murat Ates from The Athletic. I didn't watch it but the headline for the video said Jets would want Suzuki for Dubois.

So I guess we'll see if you still really want to sign with the Habs in 2 years then PLD, if you do end up testing UFA in 2 years.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Defensible take, but Dach seems like a compelling package of size, speed and skill if he gets back to full health and becomes energized by MSL.
Yes, he certainly is.

It’s the “if” (health) and the “what” (asset going out) that concerns me.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
PLD want out we just have to out wait the Jets…
Patch with 1 year at 7M$ + a player was just traded for future consideration… consider that there is more than a few team that need warm body or bottom feeded that could have flip him with 50% retain… there might not be a big market for a 7M$ player.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad