HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #79

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry Kakalovich

Like and reply
Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
Keep thinking about Dubois' dad who's working for the Jets......don't know if that could have some effect, negative or positive.

For the Habs it's pretty simple in this situation: Suzuki, Caufield, Slafkovsky, Guhle, Barron and our top 10 protected 1st round pick are off the table......everything else is available.

Now if they want one of these players, then it's not worth it for the Habs, we should pass.
I'd have a much larger list of players and assets I have no interest in trading for PLD

One could go on the wing….probably Dubois

Dubois-Dach-Anderson

With an eventual :

Slaf-Suzuki-Caufield

That’s a sweet top 6 man

Speed, Snipe, Strong, Slick, Sexy
If PLD is a winger forget about him. The Habs need more wingers like they need an extended Jonathan Drouin

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Sounds good to me. Although it would pain me to give up two centers. I would do Dvorak or Dach, Panthers' pick and one or two prospects. We have plenty of D prospects.

The only time I would trade Suzuki would be for him and a package for Draistl.
That Florida 1st goes nowhere. At the very least it may help to move us up in 2023.

I would be fine including Dach in a package, say with Anderson.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

A Loyal Demidog

Marc Bergevin's Bitch
Oct 20, 2016
Things were going on a good trajectory until Dubois and his agent threw a monkey wrench in the whole thing. Wait the two years to UFA at this point If it’s true that Chevaldayoff expects a Suzuki coming back and won’t budge, then let him get Trouba’d in 2 years.
Next year's draft is far too important for this organization. I don't mind us biting after next year's draft to secure Dubois comes here (obviously for much, much less than the Jets are asking).

That being said, if Dubois is FOR SURE wanting to become a Hab no matter what in 2 years, then free is free! It'll be nice for a change for a big UFA (and a Quebecois, no less!) finally want to come and play for us. As for Winnipeg? Oh well, they're too greedy!

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
Things were going on a good trajectory until Dubois and his agent threw a monkey wrench in the whole thing. Wait the two years to UFA at this point If it’s true that Chevaldayoff expects a Suzuki coming back and won’t budge, then let him get Trouba’d in 2 years.
He got a good haul for Trouba though. :skeptic: Pionk and 1st-rounder, not bad.

Sounds good to me. Although it would pain me to give up two centers. I would do Dvorak or Dach, Panthers' pick and one or two prospects. We have plenty of D prospects.

The only time I would trade Suzuki would be for him and a package for Draistl.
Not that many RDs. But LDs up the wazoo.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
you need them for depth.
Dvo - good consistent 3rd liner, with face -off ability .
Dubois - either is other teams focus regarding the best checking line, which frees up Suzuki , or vice versa
Dach- wild card, hopefully comes around and realizes potential, if so than this team is as deep at centre as any team with this line up,
Evans- another bottom 6 player,who can give you consistancy.
Evans on the fourth, fine. Dach, no.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Why do we need Suzuki, Dubois, Dach and Dvorak?
Dvorak will be dealt

Have to be careful. A contending team would need to have the following players ahead of PLD:
Suzuki
Caufield
Slafkovsky
Makar-Hughes type (need to find)
Guhle (McDonagh 2D type)

And then just behind PLD as 2C, #1 goalie, two more strong second line players and a 3D.

Can't have 10 guys averaging $7.5M each
Figs do🤣🤣🤣

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
If the Jets want Suzuki, what are the giving us on top of PLD? Because Suzuki is on an upward development curve while PLD has stagnated and both are 60 pts centers at this point in their career. Except Suzuki didn't need a ~90 pts winger to reach that. He's also better at faceoffs too.

In other words, Suzuki has more value than PLD right now.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
If the Jets want Suzuki, what are the giving us on top of PLD? Because Suzuki is on an upward development curve while PLD has stagnated and both are 60 pts centers at this point in their career. Except Suzuki didn't need a ~90 pts winger to reach that. He's also better at faceoffs too.

In other words, Suzuki has more value than PLD right now.
Don’t forget the slow start all Habs players had under dom. Suzuki was running a better pace than 60 under msl.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Don’t forget the slow start all Habs players had under dom. Suzuki was running a better pace than 60 under msl.
Good point, Suzuki looked like shit under Ducharme. He really stepped it up once St-Louis came over.

After Cauli-field, I believe Suzuki benefited of fhe coaching change the most.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I can't see Dubois not wanting at least Suzuki money. Nothing about his history suggests a player who would take a team friendly deal. There's definitely teams out there that would pay him ~8M.
He isn’t even in MTL and that all everyone talk about… if he get to MTL he will have all the power and be able to ask for what ever he wants, there will be no discount.

Reactions: Kaladin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad