HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #79

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016

69533dd508399573d36d7a4ee42e885d.jpg

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
with the end of season, WHL playoffs and Memorial Cup he had I wonder if this would be another case of losing a potentially really good dman again if he is part of any Dubois trade. Any trade would also have to likely include one of the higher paid montreal assests to make room. Whether a Gallagher, Drouin, Hoffmam or whatever.

yeah... though I could see Jets balking at taking on the extra $$. might have to find another taker for some of those cap dumps in that case, or bite the bullet and retain on 1-2 of the UFA's to be.

Wonder if Ehlers/Drouin had a good relationship from their Halifax days? Maybe they'd have some appetite for Drouin at 2.5M$

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
No idea but Habs would need to take a contract back as CBJ have no cap space.

Or…. some type of a 3-way deal facilitation w Habs to acquire PLD? CBJ do have young prospects I’m sure Jets would like.
Nyquist. Who we could trade at the deadline.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I think Dubois will be kicked down the road for a year, which fits our timeline better since we will have more cap flexibility and we want to go for Bedard.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
He would easily be our 2nd best winger is young and productive. Look at our defence and goaltending man, we are going to be garbage even if we had McDavid and Draisaitl.
He’s a RW. He wouldn’t play over Cole and he wouldn’t play over Anderson. Heck he wouldn’t play over Gallagher. It was never a fit even if the Habs had cap space.

Expos94

May 13, 2022
Funnily enough, a Dubois trade would help with our cap for next season. The jets have a lot of cap space.

You include dvorak + one of Anderson/Drouin in the trade. The 2 combined have a 10 M cap hit.
You sign Dubois at 7.5M.
You use the remaining 2.5 M to sign Dach.
They wouldn't trade Anderson straight up for Dubois

• Haha
Reactions: jellybeans
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad