HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #79

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
They won't, easier to trade him now. He doesn't want to be there.
He is an interesting package of size, speed and skill.
How much do you give for him?
Habs kinda need to not improve too much this upcoming season.

HuGo wants to start the season with no one on LTIR but on day #2 good chances Byron is going there, potentially Price and then you have cap space.

Just need to sign Dach now without using LTIR e.g. we need a cap dump trade of about $2M
You know Hugo wants to move more 💰💵💸.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Gallagher’s “value” might somehow be even lower than I had first thought after seeing that Bjorkstrand trade. Jeeeeeez
Drouin, Byron, Dadonov and Allen contracts expire this year. Hoffman, Armia and Savard contracts are somewhat moveable, at the right time. Price will end up playing well or retired/LTIR.

The ELC and other sub-$1M contracts, plus those of Suzuki, Anderson, Dvorak, Evans, Pitlick, presumably Dach, as well as Edmundson and Matheson are appropriate.

That leaves us with Gallagher, where we may have to wait until he retires or also goes on LTIR.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
HuGo wants to start the season with no one on LTIR but on day #2 good chances Byron is going there, potentially Price and then you have cap space.
Only if they stay on LTIR all year, otherwise space will have to be made for their return\ when ready.
Just need to sign Dach now without using LTIR e.g. we need a cap dump trade of about $2M
Or we play with a 20 man roster.
They won't, easier to trade him now. He doesn't want to be there.
Unless a team is willing to take him without extending, he won't be traded before January.

Reactions: 417

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
They won't stop.

He's signed, it doesn't mean he won't be in trade rumors.

I am happy he didn't hold out and drag this out. Sign and if you're still a Jet on opening night, play for the Winnipeg Jets. Don't play like you want to play elsewhere.
He needs to finally show some character.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
They won't stop.

I am happy he didn't hold out and drag this out. Sign and if you're still a Jet on opening night, play for the Winnipeg Jets. Don't play like you want to play elsewhere.
if anything, the rumours increase lol - as HuGo knows how much space he needs to clear to acquire him

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
He is an interesting package of size, speed and skill.
How much do you give for him?
Habs kinda need to not improve too much this upcoming season.

You know Hugo wants to move more 💰💵💸.

Thing is, a single upcoming season shouldn't really come into the balance when weighting whether you should acquire Dubois. You acquire him because you think he's a long-term piece.

I think he knows that he’s doing and understands it’ll be easier for Montreal to trade for him knowing they can afford $6m

That's exactly it, IMO.

Can't sign an extension before January, so whoever trades for him now knows they have one year at $6M and one year at X?

If Montreal acquires him, they do so knowing they're talking extension right away in January.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
if anything, the rumours increase lol - as HuGo knows how much space he needs to clear to acquire him

Technically speaking in the scenario of a trade between the two teams.....this is the best scenario for the Habs.
They don't have to sign him long term right away, can wait to clear cap next year....he didn't try to negotiate a 2 years contract at a higher rate that bring him to UFA, didn't try to use the arbitration to drive his contract up.

This is one way to facilitate a trade to a team with cap problem.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
The chances to get a C as our #1 pick next year is not that great. Anyway. Dubois prefers to play at C. I am looking forward to see IF Dach is better than a 3rd line C or even worst.
I don't think you know much about next draft if you think the chances of getting a C next year are low. The top 15 is loaded with Cs.

One way or the other there is no tank...people need to get that out of their heads...
Sure, sure.

Reactions: habsfan891

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
They won't stop.

If he didn't sign, he'd be forced to accept whatever the Jets tabled or not play. The Jets could have put a 4 year deal on the table and nothing less.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Offensively limited 25/30 goal scoring center... all that before his 24th birthday. Common man. This guy wants to play here more than anyone in the league, how can people not see that? He will give everything for this team, no worries. That kind of young veteran is exactly what we need, not more drafts picks who have 1 chance in 100 to become him......
Drouin wanted to be here too, it’s overrated if you’re a whiny bitch.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
From 2016 to 2019, the cap increased by 8.5 mil. From 2019 to 2022, its increased 1 mil. The flat cap is a huge factor. Even from a Leafs perspective, all you need to do is look at how well Nylander's contract aged.

Bunting had great stats in Arizona too, Giordano is still really good and Samsonov is still a goalie with upside in a weak goalie market. Those guys combined were projected to make far more than the Leafs are paying them. Its not just a Leafs thing either, that effect happens in Edmonton, Colorado, Boston, etc. Having superstars is playing free agency on easy mode.
None of these players are on discounts.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Drouin wanted to be here too, it’s overrated if you’re a whiny bitch.
Did Drouin want to be here? It was rumoured he was available but there were no leaks reports of him wanting to come home. Bergy saw a franco player available that had a chance to be a star and traded possibly the then most valuable piece in our organization to acquire him, and then added a pick on top. Drouin said "this is my dream", but what else can he say after we already got him?

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
But Romanov and Poehling are now gone. :sarcasm: My initial impression at the draft was KD was a back up plan. It really did feel like a plan gone wrong. People who say Hughes was talking to Chicago all along need to understand the concept of drafting a winger #1 while the more pressing needs were for a C and or a D. Meanwhile having to executing a three way deal. Once you pull that trigger you are walking a tight rope and with all the smoke surrounding PLD one has to think that was our plan A and would have sent everyone home delirious. My guess is Hughes would never have got on that tight rope without a safety net. The plan B was a done deal before the draft pending the outcome of plan A.
I think Dach was plan a.

Did Drouin want to be here? It was rumoured he was available but there were no leaks reports of him wanting to come home. Bergy saw a franco player available that had a chance to be a star and traded possibly the then most valuable piece in our organization to acquire him, and then added a pick on top. Drouin said "this is my dream", but what else can he say after we already got him?
He signed a 5 year extension immediately and yes it was suggested/reported he wanted to be here.

Reactions: SlafySZN

Krett Bulak

Jun 21, 2010
I don't want to trade Dach in a trade for Dubois. I think he'll pan out in a new environment with MSL. I want Dubois AND Dach AND Suzuki. Let's use another asset or sign for free in 2 years.

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
It’s unpopular to say it but maybe Primeau is a asset that could be used. I don’t think his value can get higher then now and I’m not convinced he can be the #1 in MTL.

Hellebuyck more or less hinted that he’ll be gone in 2 years.

Reactions: Krett Bulak

Krett Bulak

Jun 21, 2010
It’s unpopular to say it but maybe Primeau is a asset that could be used. I don’t think his value can get higher then now and I’m not convinced he can be the #1 in MTL.

I'm not a big fan either. I wouldn't mind using him, peak value right now for sure

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008

I'm with you, I would trade him now. I don't think he will be an NHL#1 and I am not sure he will even be an NHL backup.

Reactions: jrom

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
You think Toronto was dumb enough to risk losing or pissing off a player of Matthew's caliber? Relationships matter. Matthews had leverage because of who he was.
Matthews had leverage because of who he was? WTF!? Mathews had leverage because of the National media and how the fawned over him, relating everything everyday to Matthews, even during games where Toronto wasn't on the ice and Matthews wasn't playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad