HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #79

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry Kakalovich

Like and reply
Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
This whole thing started with some people saying it would be a crime to give up FLO 1st round pick for Dubois.....I just disagree with that fact that it would be out of the question, that's all.
Oh I hope they don't but I definitely think it's a possibility. Impossible to know what will go down.

BTW I just saw Bjorkland traded to Seattle for a 3rd and a 4th. That's what I meant when I was saying the salary matters. He's certainly worth more than a 3rd and a 4th, but the 5.7M contract drove down his price.

Last edited:

xposbrad

Jul 11, 2009
Oh I hope they don't but I definitely think it's a possibility. Impossible to know what will go down.

BTW I just saw Bjorkland traded to Seattle for a 3rd and a 4th. That's what I meant when I was saying the salary matters. He's certainly worth more than a 3rd and a 4th, but the 5.7M contract drove down his price.

Similar numbers to PLD last year too

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

You see this is another example of team getting rid of contract because they need it to fit better player. Same for Pacioretty in Vegas. Dont think it's the case for Winnipeg.

Kevin Fiala cost a 1st and Barber even if the Kings had to give him a 7.8m contract right away.

Harry Kakalovich

Like and reply
Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
You see this is another example of team getting rid of contract because they need it to fit better player. Same for Pacioretty in Vegas. Dont think it's the case for Winnipeg.

Kevin Fiala cost a 1st and Barber even if the Kings had to give him a 7.8m contract right away.
Right but that was early on before everything tightened up, plus a 2022 1st. I think GMs were surprised by the cost to move contracts.

But yeah Winnipeg will take their time and trade PLD at the deadline, probably to the Rangers I would imagine.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013

Nah it was because Columbus were like 10 mil over the cap after signing Gaudreau and Laine. They had 0 leverage. I feel they're somehow going to go after JT Miller too. Having Laine and Gaudreau then Roslovic or Boone Jenner as your first line C doesn't work.

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
A QO only means he cant sign an extension until jan 1st.
Can still be traded. Anytime.
Also he took a salary drop (from 6.65) to 6. Make him easier to trade.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
If Bjorkstrand can only get a 3rd and 4th... Dvorak and Anderson value must be similar at best. And the other players people here try to move would all have negative x10 value.

Reactions: Harry Kakalovich

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
If Bjorkstrand can only get a 3rd and 4th... Dvorak and Anderson value must be similar at best. And the other players people here try to move would all have negative x10 value.
It's only that value if you want to dump someone.

If you're not wanting to dump Anderson and Dvorak, like the Habs shouldn't, their value is more than that

Reactions: Harry Kakalovich

Harry Kakalovich

Like and reply
Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
Nah it was because Columbus were like 10 mil over the cap after signing Gaudreau and Laine. They had 0 leverage. I feel they're somehow going to go after JT Miller too. Having Laine and Gaudreau then Roslovic or Boone Jenner as your first line C doesn't work.
When you say nah are you trying to say what just happened didn't happen? Because it did. Price to acquire Bjorkstrand was a 3rd and a 4th. Leverage doesn't matter - they would have asked around and that was the best deal they could find.

So the day Petry got traded I called in the morning he would be traded to the Penguins.

I am going to make another one for fun again lol. Now that the qualifying offer is signed, I predict PLD is a Canadiens before the end of the weekend.
Well I can't bet money, but I don't think that'll happen.

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
A QO only means he cant sign an extension until jan 1st.
Can still be traded. Anytime.
Also he took a salary drop (from 6.65) to 6. Make him easier to trade.
Also for the Habs it means they now know don't have to sign him a huge extension this summer in the midst of a cap issue, they can do that next summer when they will have more cap flexibility due to expiring contracts.

By signing the qualifying offer, avoiding arbitration, and not negotiating an extension now, he is giving the Habs the best shot at getting him now.

That's all it is.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Also for the Habs it means they now know don't have to sign him a huge extension this summer in the midst of a cap issue, they can do that next summer when they will have more cap flexibility due to expiring contracts.

By signing the qualifying offer, avoiding arbitration, and not negotiating an extension now, he is giving the Habs the best shot at getting him now.

That's all it is.
alright gaze back into that crystal ball and tell me what the habs are giving up? I'm counting on you

ps - he's supposed to be giving a press conference to winnipeg media monday

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home

That's all it is.
By next off season cash opens up to extend him

Harry Kakalovich

Like and reply
Sep 26, 2002
Montreal

That's all it is.
Well chances are he plays in Winnipeg and they trade him at the deadline or in season at some point to a contender.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Yes but it also means that Dubois who isn't much better than Bjorkstrand isn't worth much more than a 3rd and 4th. Dvorak and a 2nd should do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad