HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #79

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Habbietat

Jul 1, 2022
In a heartbeat. He will get 8M.
Just have a feeling with all these rumours and speculation, it would be pretty unbelievable to grab Hub and Dub the next 2 years under 15 mil and have the Rfas coming up with talent, just need to find an elite #1 defencemen within 2 years and we good to go in 2025

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
I’d love to have both Really I’d love to be a stud offensive team But history tells me we’re gonna be lucky to land one if any of them

Lol 6.5 million? More like 10.5
Where you been

Temper expectations
Been a hab fan a long time These things don’t happen in Montreal
We never get the guy or Guys
If Dubois and Huberdeau really want to be Habs they may accept less than a max offer.

Reactions: Destopcorner

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
Just have a feeling with all these rumours and speculation, it would be pretty unbelievable to grab Hub and Dub the next 2 years under 15 mil and have the Rfas coming up with talent, just need to find an elite #1 defencemen within 2 years and we good to go in 2025
I like the Hub and Dub nicks. Will remember that if we get them

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
What a huge trade !!!.

Btw..Huberdeau will turn 30 next years so as a UFA I am not sure that Mtl should offer him a long contract.

Anyway...I think he will sign with Calgary

Last edited:

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Just imagine Hugo pulls off PLD and Huberdeau. This would be our lines, depending on what we have to give up in those trades of course (though maybe we sign them for free also, but let's have some fun).

Slafkovsky - Suzuki - Caufield
Anderson - PLD - Huberdeau
2023 1st - Dach - Gallagher

Better hope the salary cap increases by 25% in a single year with those lines

durojean

May 29, 2007
No reason for the habs to do that. Huberdeau is ufa in 1 year so could possibly have him for free then.
Huberdeau is also 29, so if we acquire him, we have to try to compete now. The habs are not ready for that yet.
It's different than acquiring Dubois who's only 24, and has many good years left.
I feel like if we find a way to acquire Dubois and Huberdeau, we become ready to compete fairly fast

Reactions: dinodebino

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Just imagine Hugo pulls off PLD and Huberdeau. This would be our lines, depending on what we have to give up in those trades of course (though maybe we sign them for free also, but let's have some fun).

Slafkovsky - Suzuki - Caufield
Anderson - PLD - Huberdeau
2023 1st - Dach - Gallagher

We would have to shed Gallagher and Anderson for sure (I'm not mentioning Drouin and Hoffman because they are gone regardless)

Also

Slafkovsky - Bedard - Huberdeau
PLD - Suzuki - Caufield
Rohrer - Dach - Mesar
Roy - Beck - Ylonen

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
In a heartbeat. He will get 8M.
Huberdeau is a more complete player and better, overall, than Matthew Tkachuk, just not the physical pest that the younger player is.

If Tkachuk got 9.5M in tax free FLA, at 10M for Huberdeau in Montreal, it would be a hometown discount. It would also potentially be his last contract. For Montreal to land both huberdeau and Dubois as UFAs, for example, they better hope both players are 'des fans finis de Montréal'/have the CH tattooed on their hearts to make team friendly deals at the negotiation table.

Maybe Hughes can sell them on bringing back glory to the Montreal Canadiens?

Don't expect too much -- disappointment will be bitter.

With a crystal ball confirming that both players would sign with Montreal once they become UFAs, I wouldn't trade for either of them. I'd rather use the assets of Dvorak and Anderson to land a top-flight RHD and free up some Cap space in the process.

This offseason presents a possible 16.775M Cap space for the Habs, enough to sign Huberdeau at 10.25M and sign Caufield long term around 6.5M.

The following offseason will provide an extra 9.1M to sign PLD and accrue some more cap space to throw at Dach.

Trading Anderson and Dvorak for a major upgrade at RD should help accrue some Cap space in the process, after the deal.

In a perfect world, those two land us other assets, along with even more Cap space, since Weegar decides to come along with Huberdeau as an UFA... ;)

Not trading for either player before they become UFAs helps Montreal land a player like Fantilli at next year's draft, before loading up on UFAs during the next two offseason.

Live to dream, but imagine this lineup in three years:

Huberdeau - Suzuki - Caufield
Slafkovsky - Dubois - Dach
Farrell- Fantilli - Roy
Heineman - Beck - Ylonen
Mesar

Matheson - Weegar
Guhle - Barron
Harris - Mailloux
Xhekaj

Hughes would already be in Sam Pollock territory. Didn't he say he and Gorton were working in making Montreal a prime destination for hockey players?

As an agent, Hughes also knows how to structure contracts to lessen the tax burden on elite players.

It had already been mentioned by Laurent Duvernay-Tardif's agent, at the time that Radulov signed in Dallas for the same amount Bergevin had finally counter-offered, that a well-structured contract would have had less of a tax burden in Quebec than in Texas.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Huberdeau is a more complete player and better, overall, than Matthew Tkachuk, just not the physical pest that the younger player is.

If Tkachuk got 9.5M in tax free FLA, at 10M for Huberdeau in Montreal, it would be a hometown discount. It would also potentially be his last contract. For Montreal to land both huberdeau and Dubois as UFAs, for example, they better hope both players are 'des fans finis de Montréal'/have the CH tattooed on their hearts to make team friendly deals at the negotiation table.

Maybe Hughes can sell them on bringing back glory to the Montreal Canadiens?

Don't expect too much -- disappointment will be bitter.

With a crystal ball confirming that both players would sign with Montreal once they become UFAs, I wouldn't trade for either of them. I'd rather use the assets of Dvorak and Anderson to land a top-flight RHD and free up some Cap space in the process.

This offseason presents a possible 16.775M Cap space for the Habs, enough to sign Huberdeau at 10.25M and sign Caufield long term around 6.5M.

The following offseason will provide an extra 9.1M to sign PLD and accrue some more cap space to throw at Dach.

Trading Anderson and Dvorak for a major upgrade at RD should help accrue some Cap space in the process, after the deal.

In a perfect world, those two land us other assets, along with even more Cap space, since Weegar decides to come along with Huberdeau as an UFA... ;)

Not trading for either player before they become UFAs helps Montreal land a player like Fantilli at next year's draft, before loading up on UFAs during the next two offseason.

Live to dream, but imagine this lineup in three years:

Huberdeau - Suzuki - Caufield
Slafkovsky - Dubois - Dach
Farrell- Fantilli - Roy
Heineman - Beck - Ylonen
Mesar

Matheson - Weegar
Guhle - Barron
Harris - Mailloux
Xhekaj

Hughes would already be in Sam Pollock territory. Didn't he say he and Gorton were working in making Montreal a prime destination for hockey players?

As an agent, Hughes also knows how to structure contracts to lessen the tax burden on elite players.

It had already been mentioned by Laurent Duvernay-Tardif's agent, at the time that Radulov signed in Dallas for the same amount Bergevin had finally counter-offered, that a well-structured contract would have had less of a tax burden in Quebec than in Texas.

Dach is a terrible winger - never put that Dach on the wing.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
If the difference was Dach. I'd make that trade but I think Dach would be a lot more riskier for Jets to take over Dvorak. If they want to compete next year. Dvorak is the better player now and can contribute solidly. I'd keep him over Dach if we we're competing but since we aren't, I'd rather sink or swim with Dach. If he stinks that just helps our draft pick and if he figures it out, that might be even better.
It takes two teams to make a trade. If we want Dubois and the rest of the deal is fair, we give Winnpeg whichever center they want other than Suzuki. That choice should not be why the deal does not work.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
We have Pricer. I think he's gonna come back eventually and will be exactly who we need between the pipes. Hopefully lol it's in his hands

The only possible way for the habs to sign both Dubois and Huberdeau is if they can get rid of Price' s contract

Having half the cap allocated to 5 players is a bad idea:
Price at 10.5 M
Huberdeau at 9+ M
Suzuki at 7.8 M
Caufield at 7+ M
Dubois at 7+ M

That doesn't even include Gallagher at 6.5M

Last edited:

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 60M/yr scam artist, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
Adding a top 5 pick next season and established star players like Dubois and/or Huberdeau (especially Huberdeau) within the next 2 years would obviously speed up the rebuild big time. We never get that lucky though so I'll believe it the day it happens, I still remember when Sundin, Hossa, Brière and the like were 100% coming here.

Let's clear the rest of Bergevin's garbage first then we'll see what's possible.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
You can spend that money when you’re getting one of the best players in the world and a young top 6 player scoring nearly 30 goals.
See I really like Huberdeau and always did, but at 30 years old starting next season and probably wanting 7 years at least, I think it's too late. We should have acquired him years ago for best results.

Ironically this kind of reinforces the attraction for Dubois, because getting him for 8.5 years in January would take him from 24 to 32 and there is some chance he becomes the next Huberdeau. Jonathan had 192 points in 303 games after 5 years starting at 19, Dubois has 239 points in 361 games starting at the same age. Almost identical ppg.

Of course continued progress from Dubois to Huberdeau levels is far from guaranteed but the potential is not something to sneeze at.

At the same time, it might mean that holding onto yet another 3OA Dach might be the smartest move of all in the end. A home run swing.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
The only possible way for the habs to sign both Dubois and Huberdeau is if they can get rid of Price' s contract

Having half the cap allocated to 5 players is a bad idea:
Price at 10.5 M
Huberdeau at 9+ M
Suzuki at 7.8 M
Caufield at 7+ M
Dubois at 7+ M
They have to sign Caufield this summer, maybe he bites for fewer dollars...

If they wait till next summer he'll ask for the moon as I can definitely see him scoring 40 goals next season.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
In two years:

Caufield - Bergeron - Suzuki
Slafkovski - Dubois - Anderson
Drouin - Dach - Gallagher
Armia - Evans - Roy

Guhle - Barron
Matheson - Savard
Edmunson - Hutson

Price
Primeau

2024 Stanley Cup champions

You can bookmark it

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I’d love to have both Really I’d love to be a stud offensive team But history tells me we’re gonna be lucky to land one if any of them

Lol 6.5 million? More like 10.5
Where you been

Temper expectations
Been a hab fan a long time These things don’t happen in Montreal
We never get the guy or Guys
Not never, but there are 32 teams trying, and we don't have a good tax situaiton.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
"«Mais pour l’instant, j’essaye de ne pas penser à ça. Je suis en Floride et j’y ai du plaisir. J’aimerais vraiment participer à un championnat en Floride avant de peut-être aller à Montréal.»"

If Hughes manages one of Huberdeau/PLD or both, then I swear I will finally treat my girlfriends cats with dignity.
I don't think signing a 30 year old forward to a long contract with big dollars is a winning move. Would he sign for 4 years for reasonable dollars? I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad