HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #79

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
PDL is older than our core and will make a lot more money + you will have to give up 3 asset pick and prospect (which are all younger than PLD or our core)… This will be worst than Toronto signing Tavares because they got him for free has a UFA imagine the leafs without Tavares. The money they had to give out, the moves the had to make to be cap compliant and they were never able to assemble a good enough D core or goalie or dept up front because of it

Our goalie situation is now pretty bad, our defense is even worst yes we have lot of propect but half of them won’t make the NHL and we probably won’t have any legit #1 and most of them might be top 4 at best. And I like a lot of our FW but Suzuki, CC and Slaf everyone else is either unproven, injury risk, not part of the future core and overpaid.

Yes PLD is good yes he fit in but he isn’t the missing piece let assemble the reste of the puzzle and than you make a move, if he really want to come here he will be a UFA in 2 year and sign in MTL.
It is very, very unlikely that PLD will be a UFA in 2 years. It will almost certainly be 6-7 years.

We can't have everyone the same age. Nothing wrong with PLD being one year older than Suzuki.

As for overpaying to get him, of course we should not, but when people just assume in advance that the cost will not be affordable, that seems to be a wrong approach. I think an actual GM would find out what the cost is and then decide yes or no, if of course he has interest in the player.

There may be merit in your argument that we should focus on a D upgrade first, but if one is not available, there is nothing wrong with adding a different piece, if the cost to value is there.

Reactions: dralaf

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
A point that isn't mentionned enough regarding the PLD sweepstakes.

Don't forget who becomes UFA at the same time as him:
Our very own boy Seb Aho, who is expected do us a solid back for having received the contract he wanted from us :sarcasm:

Habs sign both PLD and Aho in a summer sweepstakes masterclass.o_Oo_Oo_O

PLD - Aho - Michkov
Slaf - Suzuki - Caufield
Farrell - Dach - Anderson
XXX - Evans - Gallagher

You've heard it here first folks!

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
Habs sign both PLD and Aho in a summer sweepstakes masterclass.o_Oo_Oo_O

PLD - Aho - Michkov
Slaf - Suzuki - Caufield
Farrell - Dach - Anderson
XXX - Evans - Gallagher

You've heard it here first folks!
Who needs defense, amirite? ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Habs10Habs

sszorin

Jun 12, 2017
Price is holding our cap space hostage but that's what we know as fans. It's possible Hughes has way more information on it.

Based on our cap flexibility, we can see trends in the moves he makes this summer and connect dots. I believe Hughes rather avoid Price on LTIR before the season starts. After the season starts? That's a different story
What about buying out his contract ?

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
Who needs defense, amirite? ;)
Precisely, my dear chum!
istockphoto-929921828-170667a.jpg

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Please explain to me why we are going after dubois?!?! Other than he’s French and wants to play here supposedly….
He was an established 2nd/low end 1st center/winger at 23 years old (he just turned 24). He's big and he can skate. Also, he wants to play in Montréal, but that you mentioned.

Oh and he hates Matthews. :naughty:

Saying that, I'm not for or against acquiring him.

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
He was an established 2nd/low end 1st center/winger at 23 years old (he just turned 24). He's big and he can skate. Also, he wants to play in Montréal, but that you mentioned.

Oh and he hates Matthews. :naughty:

Saying that, I'm not for or against acquiring him.
I really don’t see this as a fit . We have centres and wingers…and he’s not necessarily and upgrade anywhere. At least not significantly enough to justify the cost…

sszorin

Jun 12, 2017
I’m saying no to Dubois, he’s overrated and not the type of player you win with imo
I watched him closely at the World Championships this year and he was very good.
The Canadiens might need him in a year or two, but not this year. He should keep quiet and play for another year in Winnipeg if he wants to land in Montreal.

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
I watched him closely at the World Championships this year and he was very good.
The Canadiens might need him in a year or two, but not this year. He should keep quiet and play for another year in Winnipeg if he wants to land in Montreal.
Was he on a line with Andy?

sszorin

Jun 12, 2017
Exactly.
While it would be nice to see some players coming off the books sooner than later, there’s no incentive to get rid of them right away.

As long as we can afford to sign Dach, we can just roll with the same boring old lines from last year. There’s already a lot of guys bound to come off the cap next year, this is when we’ll start making more roster tweaks I think. Sucks but we’ll have to be patient.
Exactly.

Andrewcoursol

May 13, 2018
ontario
A point that isn't mentionned enough regarding the PLD sweepstakes.

Don't forget who becomes UFA at the same time as him:
Our very own boy Seb Aho, who is expected do us a solid back for having received the contract he wanted from us :sarcasm:
the habs should simply wait things out , acquire more top draft picks the next 2 seasons, as contracts expire or get traded keep that cap space to sign both Dubois and Aho at the same time, also price will either be healthy or on LTIR for the rest of his contract.if price is ltir add 10.5 million to the listed numbers below for cap space.

2023 expiring contracts Droiun @ 5.5, byron @ 3.4, dadonov@ 5.0, allen@ 2.85
2024 hoffman @4.5, wideman @ 762.500 , alzner off books @ 833.333
total 2023- $ 16.75 million

2024 $ 4.5 million (hoff) 1.595.8 wideman and alzner= total $6.9 million
2025 expiring contracts petry @ 6.25, savard @ 3.5 total $ 9.75

notable rfa to sign, 2022 -dach
2023- caufield, harris, also ?? poehling and pezetta
2024 rfa- Barron

Reactions: Takeru

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I was talking about choking in the Playoffs. Not Giroux' or Chiarot's faults.

They paid a premium for Chiarot where he earned his value playing 23-25 min a game but then played him 15 min a game. Fans still laughed at the return and said Chiarot is not that good but then Yzerman signs him. Go figure eh

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
Right now is the tough offseason because theres no money in the system to work with, they dont even have Dach signed and with Slaf and his bonuses he may need to start in Laval unless they get it sorted

Jul 6, 2016
They paid a premium for Chiarot where he earned his value playing 23-25 min a game but then played him 15 min a game. Fans still laughed at the return and said Chiarot is not that good but then Yzerman signs him. Go figure eh
I would still take both Romanov and Chiarot on the left side of our D. Too expensive with all the other bad contracts. A shame.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Dubois is a gamer. He's got multiple levels and his value is deeper than points. Those who think he is not that good, don't know hockey like they think they do.

* Asks for a trade out of Columbus and likely wants to go to Montreal.
* Jets intervein and offer Laine thinking they can convince Dubois to sign long term.
* Dubois looks very uninspired the rest of that regular season but was solid against the Oilers in the playoffs. However very uninspired against the Habs. Go figure eh
* Dubois sucks it up and has a very solid season last year.
* Dubois shows his potential at the WJC. 13 pts with 7 goals in 10 games and a +11. Like I said, he has multiple gears and I think he brings it if he played for the Habs

We would be very lucky if Dach turns into a Dubois type of center. Very lucky

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Dubois is a gamer. He's got multiple levels and his value is deeper than points. Those who think he is not that good, don't know hockey like they think they do.

* Asks for a trade out of Columbus and likely wants to go to Montreal.
* Jets intervein and offer Laine thinking they can convince Dubois to sign long term.
* Dubois looks very uninspired the rest of that regular season but was solid against the Oilers in the playoffs. However very uninspired against the Habs. Go figure eh
* Dubois sucks it up and has a very solid season last year.
* Dubois shows his potential at the WJC. 13 pts with 7 goals in 10 games and a +11. Like I said, he has multiple gears and I think he brings it if he played for the Habs

We would be very lucky if Dach turns into a Dubois type of center. Very lucky
See if Kent can make a deal

Reactions: Habs Halifax

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
PDL is older than our core and will make a lot more money + you will have to give up 3 asset pick and prospect (which are all younger than PLD or our core)… This will be worst than Toronto signing Tavares because they got him for free has a UFA imagine the leafs without Tavares. The money they had to give out, the moves the had to make to be cap compliant and they were never able to assemble a good enough D core or goalie or dept up front because of it

Our goalie situation is now pretty bad, our defense is even worst yes we have lot of propect but half of them won’t make the NHL and we probably won’t have any legit #1 and most of them might be top 4 at best. And I like a lot of our FW but Suzuki, CC and Slaf everyone else is either unproven, injury risk, not part of the future core and overpaid.

Yes PLD is good yes he fit in but he isn’t the missing piece let assemble the reste of the puzzle and than you make a move, if he really want to come here he will be a UFA in 2 year and sign in MTL.
PLD is 1 year older than Suzuki. Not saying it's a good idea to acquire him but age should not be a reason we do not. PLD is 2 years and 4 months younger than Dvorak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad