HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #79

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
There was a rumor floating around that Habs are looking seriously at Ivan Provorov from Philly.

I suspect Chychrun's price is too astronomical, and compared to Flyers ask it might be more manageable. I wonder if Flyers would be open to More of a Hockey Trade (Gallagher, etc...) rather than Futures trade.

Provorov is 100% a need for us.

PLD I think bolsters our Offense esp with Suzuki and Dach, but he is only one piece of a much larger Jigsaw.
Yeah, Provorov is a guy I’d kick tires on, much more so than bandaid chychrun. Guy hasn’t played a full season ever.

Really not sure what the cost of Provorov would be, Flyers intentions are weird to decipher.

If we could somewhat base a deal around Anderson I’d be all over it.

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
When I say tanking has morphed from a strategy to a religion all the comments in this thread about how it's "too soon" to trade for Dubois are what I'm talking about. It's as if trading for Dubois would be an affront to the tanking gods who will punish us for our insolence. I truly don't get it. Look at this roster. If trading away Dvorak and futures for Dubois is enough to get this team out of the bottom 8 we should have zero hesitancy because that would mean Dubois is a bonafide top of the lineup star player to have that much of an impact.

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
People want to give less for PLD then what we got for Lehkonen or Chiarot? Seems realistic to me.

EA_Sports_Controller2.jpg
I think it’s got more to do with what people would be willing to spend for a soon to be ufa that indicated he’d want to sign here.
Along with the cap space needed to retain him.

If it happens, it happens , hopefully for cheap.
Otherwise, we’ll just examine other options eventually, no big deal.

jellybeans

Nov 9, 2007
Four MAIN moves and the rebuild is complete.

1. Trade Petry to Dallas for Logan Stankoven and whatever they need to dump cap

2. Trade Dvorak + Kidney + Florida 1st for PLD

3. Draft highest possible pick in 2023

4. Offersheet Laf at 7 mil next offseason (Lose 2024 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks)

Assets to sell or trade
Drouin - 2023 TDL
Allen - 2023 TDL
Dad - 2023 TDL
Byron - 2023 TDL

Acquire a mix of picks and prospects for the above as we will graduate a ton of prospects. Depending on 2023 draft pick, we can make room for them if they are NHL ready.

2023/24 roster

Laf (7) - Suzuki (7.875) - CC (7.875)
Slaf (950K) - PLD (7) - Anderson (5.5)
Farrell (950) - Dach (3)- Gally (6.5)
Hoffman (4.5) - Evans (1.7) - Armia (3.4)
Ylonen (1.1)

Guhle (863K) - Savard (3.5)
Eddie (3.5) - Barron (925K)
Harris (1.5) - Mailloux (863K)
Wideman (762K)

Primeau (3.5)
Dobes (863)

~83 mil in cap for active roster
I need for all your wishes to come through.

Reactions: waitin425

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
I am saying yes for a player that what’s your go home to Montréal . By choice
It is a new era and such a move will be beneficial and kid has shown more then Mika did before the rangers got him
Looks like Jonathan Drouin 2 to me

I would make the move but only if the trade is not a gold mine. Dvorak, Panthers 1st, and Kidney is as high as I go.

Over the last two years, Dubois has 7 more points and 3 more goals (pro rated numbers) vs Dvorak. Dubois is better than Dvorak but overrated? Depends on who you ask and what you think the overrated thresholds are.

Dubois and Anderson types are pieces you win with. We disagree there. These guys have way more value in the playoffs than the regular season
Overrated is maybe the wrong word
I don’t think he’s very good

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Between Galchenyuk, Drouin, and Kotkaniemi we have an amazing success rate with 3rd overall picks 😁😁😁
I want to say that Drouin wasn't picked by the Habs, but I wonder if Bergevin and Timmins, had the Habs had the 3rd overall in 2013, would have picked Drouin over Seth Jones.

JHabs

HFB Partner
Dec 14, 2007
Montreal
twitter.com
Yeah, Provorov is a guy I’d kick tires on, much more so than bandaid chychrun. Guy hasn’t played a full season ever.

Really not sure what the cost of Provorov would be, Flyers intentions are weird to decipher.

If we could somewhat base a deal around Anderson I’d be all over it.
They want a splash having missed on Gaudreau, and if they don't sign Kadri, look to the trade market for them. I expect they are looking for players between age 28-32

Anderson would be a piece I think the Flyers would want coming back

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
They want a splash having missed on Gaudreau, and if they don't sign Kadri, look to the trade market for them. I expect they are looking for players between age 28-32

Anderson would be a piece I think the Flyers would want coming back
Anderson is cheaper than Provorov and signed longer. Meanwhile, we go further over the cap. We would need them to take Drouin or Byron (or a multi-year anchor contract) too.

Jul 6, 2016
Silly, they were more than just good enough to be a PO team, and chances are they will be this season too, their pick is likely to be in the 17th+.

Wether they choke in the PO or not is irrelevant, Pick will still be 17th+.
I was talking about choking in the Playoffs. Not Giroux' or Chiarot's faults.

Reactions: Habs Halifax
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad