HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #79

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
This shit is all so crazy. Cap space is more valuable than 30 goal scorers and top defensemen now. You literally have to add a sweetener to take a top 6 player, makes no damn sense.
It’s that you may end up losing significant assests for players who are in the beginning of there decline, there’s gambles going on all over the place

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
It’s that you may end up losing significant assests for players who are in the beginning of there decline, there’s gambles going on all over the place

Never been more of a young man's game. Teams getting stuck with big contracts paying players for what they've done instead of what they will do, getting burned.

Really wish MTL had some cap space to take advantage, but they have such a good prospect pool it's not really a big deal. Just move some veterans at the deadline and keep stocking the fridge.

Beer and Chips

Feb 5, 2018
This shit is all so crazy. Cap space is more valuable than 30 goal scorers and top defensemen now. You literally have to add a sweetener to take a top 6 player, makes no damn sense.
It depends a lot on timing and how badly you need to move $.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Must be frustrating for teams that draft and progress well, they lose the players once they reach potential.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
I would like to see Bergevin reactions if Hugues is offering Hoffman/Drouin or Gallagher to LAK. I hope he would be in favor to acquire them. But in fact, I’m sure today he Wouldnt want to give one penny to acquire one of them.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I'm worried about what an interesting price for PLD is. I'm wondering if management is willing to move Caufield (or even Suzuki). Same thing with the top prospects, but mostly Guhle. It's not their picks and they don't seem to be attached to players like Bergy was.

• Haha
Reactions: dralaf and Doc5

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
I'm worried about what an interesting price for PLD is. I'm wondering if management is willing to move Caufield (or even Suzuki). Same thing with the top prospects, but mostly Guhle. It's not their picks and they don't seem to be attached to players like Bergy was.
I wouldn't worry about it. I wouldn't do Suzuki or Caufield 1 for 1 for PLD, and there's next to no chance they trade away Ghule seeing how we just traded Romanov.

Reactions: dralaf and SlafySZN

Doc5

Aug 8, 2012
True that Romanov trade was a shocker. I had just put him, Suzuki and Caufield as my DP a week earlier thinking this would be good for a few years atleast :laugh:

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
Gallagher needs to go. I looked up buying him out and he would be on the books for 10 freaking years....at 2.3m cap hit....sigh what a stupid contract MB made. MB totally f***ed our cap and then got canned. Why can't GM's get canned BEFORE f***ing up the cap.....

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Gallagher needs to go. I looked up buying him out and he would be on the books for 10 freaking years....at 2.3m cap hit....sigh what a stupid contract MB made. MB totally f***ed our cap and then got canned. Why can't GM's get canned BEFORE f***ing up the cap.....
Molson approves all signings...not having a VP of Hockey Ops has caused alot of this grief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad