HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #79

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Petry is gone before season starts, it is almost a given..... Right now teams are kicking tires on the assets that cost them nothing as they know traded assets will be around next week.
Hoffman - I think we have one more year of him before he becomes a TDL or buyout
Dvorak - He is only gone in a PLD trade, he would be the center piece of that deal
Anderson - Stays, no one will pay the price for him
Gally - Stays, contract is not moveable
Drouin - TDL move, especially if he shows promise under St Louis
Dadonov - TDL move, if he shows well that could be a high pick with some retention
Byron - TDL move if he can show he has his speed back
Armia - if traded it will be a hockey trade, because at this point his contract has value at 3.4M looking at what players got today.

The rest are staying at this point.
I think Petry goes, but I doubt Hughes manages it without holding back some Cap or adding a prospect/pic to the deal.

I think Hughes can get around not wanting to do that if the return is good enough. "We needed to give up petty + this to get that because we really wanted that and this plus Petry was the going price for that."

I don't know if this makes sense, but I certainly hope you get that. :)

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
We won't get one center and losing two. That leaves us empty as Hell at center. It will be one of Dvorak or Dach.
Could be both, actually.

Dubois and Suzuki take care of the top-6 for now.

Evans and Poehling take care of the bottom-6 for now. Have them fight to the death for the pecking order.

In the system, there's Kidney climbing the ranks who could be a 3rd line C. There's also the newly acquired Beck that projects to be a heck of a 3rd line C or a luxury 4th line C.

Next year, depending on how we finish in the standings, there are still quality Cs spread out throughout the top-10, after the top-5 (I don't believe we end up with that high a pick, 1-5).

That becomes Romanov + Dvorak + whatever else rounds out that trade which I thought might have gotten the deal done prior to the trade for the 13th OA using Romanov as bait.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
This shit is all so crazy. Cap space is more valuable than 30 goal scorers and top defensemen now. You literally have to add a sweetener to take a top 6 player, makes no damn sense.
I wouldn't necessarily take the mess Vegas has gotten itself into cap wise as the norm.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Well if you don't think Dubois is a very good 2C, you don't know hockey. Don't know what else to tell you
Dubois isn’t a very good center. I mean the definition can almost be applied to any decent player, but he’s not that great, I’d prefer a different direction than this guy.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Dubois isn’t a very good center. I mean the definition can almost be applied to any decent player, but he’s not that great, I’d prefer a different direction than this guy.

He is a very good center when he is on his game and the value shows up more in big games. Do you want someone who can go 1/1 on Matthews? It's not Dach and Suzuki would need help.

Look at his WC's. Team Canada played him ahead of Barzal bud

I understand the you rather stay more patient but many in our Habs herd are sleeping on Dubois. He can play center or wing if we need him too. Big boy that has skill and a shot and skates well. You need these types and we get him for prime years.

Only way I would do it is if the cost is right (leverage move) and we can get him for 7x7 on an extension.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Holly crap why didn't I know that Dubois was RFA? I thought he had two years left on his contract? Now this changes everything. We have to make the deal. Cause I don't see how the Jets would be interested in giving him anything. Place yourself in their shoes. They are gonna trade him before the summer is over.

Funnily enough I thought for sure he had two years left as well. I think it's because everyone is writing how "he's going to be UFA in two years".

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Holly crap why didn't I know that Dubois was RFA? I thought he had two years left on his contract? Now this changes everything. We have to make the deal. Cause I don't see how the Jets would be interested in giving him anything. Place yourself in their shoes. They are gonna trade him before the summer is over.

I'd offer two packages.
Dvorak and Dach
or
Dvorak, Panthers 1st, Kidney

Dvorak and Dach = about $7M. Hate to trade Dach and rather the 2nd package but the 1st package fits in terms of cap space.

Jets say no to both packages? My feelings are not hurt and you can drown with him and his fast track to UFA.

Deal is contingent on Dubois with an extension (7x7). People saying we can get him for free in 2 years are not realizing that he is 2 years older (not a huge issue but worth nothing) and he also might be asking for $9M+ by that time. Cap for 24/25 is going to be around $90M IMO.

To be honest, I want the 7x7 deal now. If the Jets sign him to a 2 year contract, I might pass on Dubois. Why? Cause I have little interest in negotiating a deal later with a higher cap. If he is asking for big money now? Forget about the entire idea of Dubois. This is about coming home on a fair deal and a trade package we can afford. If that all falls through, so be it

Age 24-30 at $7M
vs
Age 26-32 at $9M+

Last edited:
Reactions: Kimota

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
A team that probably should look at Petry in BUF, they have all the young D talent and they will have a bunch of ELC joining the line up Cap space should be a issue…
Petry wont waive for Buf

I'd offer two packages.
Dvorak and Dach
or

Dvorak and Dach = about $7M. Hate to trade Dach and rather the 2nd package but the 1st package fits in terms of cap space.

Jets say no to both packages? My feelings are not hurt and you can drown with him and his fast track to UFA.

Deal is contingent on Dubois with an extension (7x7). People saying we can get him for free in 2 years are not realizing that he is 2 years older (not a huge issue but worth nothing) and he also might be asking for $9M+ by that time. Cap for 24/25 is going to be around $90M IMO.

To be honest, I want the 7x7 deal now. If the Jets sign him to a 2 year contract, I might pass on Dubois. Why? Cause I have little interest in negotiating a deal later with a higher cap.

Age 24-30 at $7M
vs
Age 26-32 at $9M+
Jets are looking for D prospects

Reactions: Runner77

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Petry wont waive for Buf

Jets are looking for D prospects

Without Dubois and Scheifele 2 years away from UFA, they need centers too. Perfetti is not a true center type. They just drafted Lambert. Lucius last year.

They need both Centers and D IMO. They are not getting Guhle. I probably don't trade Mailloux as well but if they are high on him, maybe. However, he won't be a throw in, he would be one of the prime pieces.

We have the leverage. They don't. If they don't like our offers, hang up the phone and let Dubois agent give them fits

Dvorak, Mailloux, and Kidney? Not sure if I want to give up on Mailloux. Don't hate Kidney but I would use his prospect value now cause I believe it will never be as high as it is now. He's not going to be a 2C in the NHL.

HostileCapSpace

Jul 1, 2019
Montreal

Yes, that's the whole point. Then the Habs can sign him at a somewhat reasonable pricetag which would make him a free agent at 31 when he's barely started declining. Easy to let him go.

If we wait till he's a free agent at 26, he'll cost more on the cap and will be signed until 33 when his decline is more underway.

And I'd definitely ship Dach to Winnipeg if that's what it takes - dude will never score as much as PLD.

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
Is Dubois current situation similar to Drouin back then ? Drouin was RFA before traded to us, right ? We traded for him then signed a new contract, right ?

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
It’s interesting that poor Dvorak will have completed the reverse move of playing for the Coyotes before going to Winnipeg if all these PLD proposals are an indication of what would take place.
TBH Dvorak seems like he doesn't like playing in a big market.

I think he would be totally fine with playing in Winnipeg.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Roll 3 lines built on a top 9, each with a very competitive center. Give your 4c pk time to fill out his 10-14m.
Dubois-Suzuki-Caufield
Slaf-Dach-Mesar

That would be a nasty top 6 with the likes of Evans, Poehling and any leftover vets plus prospects filing out the bottom 6. We’d be in great shape up front. On D we just another RD and we should be a great shape their too with Hutson, Guhle and Mailloux all in the mix.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Dubois-Suzuki-Caufield
Slaf-Dach-Mesar

That would be a nasty top 6 with the likes of Evans, Poehling and any leftover vets plus prospects filing out the bottom 6. We’d be in great shape up front. On D we just another RD and we should be a great shape their too with Hutson, Guhle and Mailloux all in the mix.
Is Dubois current situation similar to Drouin back then ? Drouin was RFA before traded to us, right ? We traded for him then signed a new contract, right ?

Dubois has 239 points in 361 games, Drouin had 95 points in 164 games, plus Dubois is taller, plays center, and has a higher goals to assists ratio.

BarracudaMtl

Apr 15, 2018
I'd offer two packages.
Dvorak and Dach
or

To be honest, I want the 7x7 deal now. If the Jets sign him to a 2 year contract, I might pass on Dubois. Why? Cause I have little interest in negotiating a deal later with a higher cap. If he is asking for big money now? Forget about the entire idea of Dubois. This is about coming home on a fair deal and a trade package we can afford. If that all falls through, so be it

Age 24-30 at $7M
vs
Age 26-32 at $9M+
You dont trade 2 Centers for 1.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
You do when you're getting by far the best C in the deal
That depends. Here you are giving away an established guy that was pacing for around 10 points less than Dubois as well as a project that is obviously rated high by the managment and was seen as having a similar potential as PLD before a dissapointing last season.

I would very much like us to get Dubois, but I'd certainly offer a different package.

Reactions: VirginiaMtlExpat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad