HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #79

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
He is a very good center when he is on his game and the value shows up more in big games. Do you want someone who can go 1/1 on Matthews? It's not Dach and Suzuki would need help.

Look at his WC's. Team Canada played him ahead of Barzal bud

I understand the you rather stay more patient but many in our Habs herd are sleeping on Dubois. He can play center or wing if we need him too. Big boy that has skill and a shot and skates well. You need these types and we get him for prime years.

Only way I would do it is if the cost is right (leverage move) and we can get him for 7x7 on an extension.

The trade would make sense if we can extend him and keep him around at a cap hit we like. My problem with him is:

- Lack of intensity (seems to be getting more consistent)
- Faceoffs - can he learn to win the big draws? This is so important if we want him at C moving forward.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Probably not nah I don't like the idea of retaining 3M for another 3 years.

Somebody here proposed the wings may be interested, with Hronek being the main piece coming back. That would be interesting as well
I don't really get why Detroit would want Petry. I feel like I missed something.

Is there some problems with Hronek and they want to get ride of him and have to replace him?

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
TBH Dvorak seems like he doesn't like playing in a big market.

I think he would be totally fine with playing in Winnipeg.
No, he doesn't look like that at all. If only people have made an effort to do some reading on Dvorak when we acquired him, this whole notion of his facial expression being an evidence he's not happy here would have never appeared.

He has always carried himself like this and he's a competitive individual.

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
According to the Athletic article yesterday, if HuGo sticks to their demands on the Petry trade (no salary retention, a prospect or player back, and possibly a contract dump for 1 year) the only team that can afford to make the deal and is in need of a right D is Nashville.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
According to the Athletic article yesterday, if HuGo sticks to their demands on the Petry trade (no salary retention, a prospect or player back, and possibly a contract dump for 1 year) the only team that can afford to make the deal and is in need of a right D is Nashville.

Book it Lou ! Get Poile on the phone . It's a red state so the wife should have no complaints .

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

I read the article and I don't really agree. I think its likely that Petry is back though. Which sucks for getting the worst possible record, but I'd hate the idea of trading a D as good as Petry for nothing or less than nothing.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Leclerc, the reporter who broke the story about the Habs pursuing Dubois, added a couple more details on a RadCan podcast:

"In the week of the draft, I know it was a tough negotiation. I was told that the Canadiens offered a consideration of three players to get their hands on Pierre-Luc Dubois. I don't know who the players are, but they want to liquidate salaries."

“Dubois attended the draft. The belief was that his trade would be announced during the draft. When it was announced that the Habs had traded for the 13th OA pick, there were people within Dubois’ entourage who thought that was the missing key piece for the Habs to acquire Dubois. It was believed that the Habs were close to their objective.”

Clearly, one of Leclerc’s sources is within Dubois’ entourage.

Leclerc adds that talks have resumed this week. There may have been a correlation with Hughes postponing his presser.

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
Leclerc, the reporter who broke the story about the Habs pursuing Dubois, added a couple more details on a RadCan podcast:

"In the week of the draft, I know it was a tough negotiation. I was told that the Canadiens offered a consideration of three players to get their hands on Pierre-Luc Dubois. I don't know who the players are, but they want to liquidate salaries."

“Dubois attended the draft. The belief was that his trade would be announced during the draft. When it was announced that the Habs had traded for the 13th OA pick, there were people within Dubois’ entourage who thought that was the missing key piece for the Habs to acquire Dubois. It was believed that the Habs were close to their objective.”

Leclerc adds that talks have resumed this week. There may have been a correlation with Hughes postponing his presser.

Geez, if Doobie was at the draft they must've been extremely close on getting it done.

Reactions: dralaf

CaptainKirk

Sep 27, 2004
Moncton
Why would a lack of a Petry trade with another team hold this up if it's already 3 players for 1? Surely PLD doesn't make more than these 3 combined. Would it have also included whatever we get back from the Petry deal?

McPhees Moustache

Dec 11, 2021
Calgary
I'd offer two packages.
Dvorak and Dach
or
Dvorak, Panthers 1st, Kidney

Dvorak and Dach = about $7M. Hate to trade Dach and rather the 2nd package but the 1st package fits in terms of cap space.

Jets say no to both packages? My feelings are not hurt and you can drown with him and his fast track to UFA.

Deal is contingent on Dubois with an extension (7x7). People saying we can get him for free in 2 years are not realizing that he is 2 years older (not a huge issue but worth nothing) and he also might be asking for $9M+ by that time. Cap for 24/25 is going to be around $90M IMO.

To be honest, I want the 7x7 deal now. If the Jets sign him to a 2 year contract, I might pass on Dubois. Why? Cause I have little interest in negotiating a deal later with a higher cap. If he is asking for big money now? Forget about the entire idea of Dubois. This is about coming home on a fair deal and a trade package we can afford. If that all falls through, so be it

Age 24-30 at $7M
vs
Age 26-32 at $9M+
I think the real question is
Age 24-30 at $7M and giving up 2 1st round picks/equivalent
vs
Age 26-32 at $9M+ and zero acquisition cost

HomeAndHome

All aboard the Lane train! WooWoo
Mar 10, 2017
London, ON
I was told that the Canadiens offered a consideration of three players to get their hands on Pierre-Luc Dubois. I don't know who the players are, but they want to liquidate salaries."
Very interesting...

I wonder if something like Dvorak + Hoffman + Prospect + pick or something similar was offered. Maybe Poehling would interest them too... would definitely liquidate some salary.

🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Runner77

Asif10

Mar 16, 2022
There really hasn't been much talk of Dach... makes me wonder if he's not on the move as well... Which I think would be sad because his ceiling is still very high..
HE tweeted he's excited to join the habs and looking forward to working with st louis

the only man whos gone fully incognito is Dadonov

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010

This actually lines up really well.

Why would Dubois be attending the draft when no other NHL player was there. Doesn't make sense unless there was an announcement that should have been made.

I bet the hold up is the quality of the prospect + Petry trade to clear cap space.

Reactions: Runner77

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
HE tweeted he's excited to join the habs and looking forward to working with st louis

the only man whos gone fully incognito is Dadonov

Yeah true... I was just expecting Hughes to talk about why he got him more... but I guess he had other questions. In any case it's probably good that he flies under the radar because he will need some time to get back on the right path.

Why would a lack of a Petry trade with another team hold this up if it's already 3 players for 1? Surely PLD doesn't make more than these 3 combined. Would it have also included whatever we get back from the Petry deal?

Cap space?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I think the real question is
Age 24-30 at $7M and giving up 2 1st round picks/equivalent
vs
Age 26-32 at $9M+ and zero acquisition cost

You're 1st rounders need to be quantified. And no, I'm not trading two 1st rounders. Panthers 1st and Kidney yeah.

I rather not trade futures but Dubois is not some 30+ asset and the Panthers 1st and Kidney are not likely to be as good as Dubois.

I value a younger Dubois with $2M in cap savings.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
I wonder how annoying trying to get a trade to happen can be.

Day 30 of calling:

Hughes: "Hey Kev"

Chevaldayoff: ".....Ugh, hi Kent"

Hughes: "Gimme Dubois"

KC: "Nah"

Day 33:

Hughes: C'mon

KC: "NO!"

• Haha
Reactions: SwiftyHab

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
This actually lines up really well.

Why would Dubois be attending the draft when no other NHL player was there. Doesn't make sense unless there was an announcement that should have been made.

I bet the hold up is the quality of the prospect + Petry trade to clear cap space.
There was other NHL players at the draft, Dubois wasn't the only one there.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
I can’t imagine Winnipeg is easy to negotiate with but on the other hand literally zero players want to play in or for Winnipeg so they better accept that they’re gonna need to trade for NHLers

Anderson+ for Dubois is certainly the core of it

The plus is not Petry. It can be Dadonov but I think it would be maybe something else. Hmm 🤔

Look at it from Winnipeg’s POV: they want players who have good attitude and long term. Anderson fits, who else?

Habs need to dump at least 9m in this trade.

Edit: Poehling is thrown in there too.

Dubois for Anderson, Poehling, and a capdump [Armia, Hoffman, Drouin, Byron]?

Xx - Suzuki - Caufield
Slafkovsky - Dach - Dadonov
Xx - Dvorak - Gallagher
[spares]

?

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal

That's really interesting. Makes me wonder if perhaps Dach ended up being the back-up plan because the Dubois deal didn't work out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad