HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #79

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Damn I didn't know Dubois was 80 years old.

JT was 3 years older than PLD at this same time when he signed with TOR. JT also signed for 11M - no way we're paying Dubois that kind of dough.

If he signs a 7 year deal that will take PLD to the ripe old age of 31. That's right at the end of his peak, and he's only one more year older than Suzuki! Perfect age.
Tavares is also basically a 1ppg player, and Dubois is a .±65ppg player, 7M$ is the minimum (the QA was ±6.65M$) and we don't even have the cap space to do it and we still have Dach and Harris to resign + plus a Goalie if Price is out, if he get traded to MTL is agent can to ask for what ever he he want... If he wan't 9-10M$ what do we do? Yes I might have over blow the age factor but Suzuki and CC is basically our only core player we need a few more player come up and be better or equal to Suzuki to have a shot at improving so most of our core will be 3-4 years younger, it doesn't matter how good Dubois is if we don't have a support cast, a legit Dcore or goalie the team isn't winning a cup. If we were in on PLD clearly the Dach trade mean that they have moved on to plan B. If Dach doesn't pan out maybe you can circle back but if we land a Top pick in 2023 we will like draft a elite C, PLD is great player I just don't see the timing adding up we with our tank / rebuild and cap situation would need to make other moves to clear out cap space and we need to insure that we will have a team that able to win before making that kinda of deal, because if you don't you are likely starting a new cycle of being a wildcard/ playoff team but never having a real shot at winning the cup.

The best Timing for PDL to be in MTL will be Signing as a UFA, MTL will be in a better possition to know where they stand in the rebuild process, won't have to spend any asset and will have cap space.

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
Soooo how about that dubois trade?!?! Lol
Knew it wasn’t going to happen….

Hughes said it today that he doesn’t want to bring on more big contracts

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Soooo how about that dubois trade?!?! Lol
Knew it wasn’t going to happen….

Hughes said it today that he doesn’t want to bring on more big contracts
I still think it’s gonna happen.

His face and answer when ask specifictly about Dubois was telling. When we drop some salary, i’m confident we’re gonna get him.

And you add that the comment from PLD’s agent Pay Brisson about him wanting to play for MTL. How many times you here that when a player’s right are still with an other club.

Lots of smoke. And getting Dubois will not sabbotage the tank!

Beendair Donedat

Juice Arse 2.0
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
They were 2nd in the NHL before acquiring Giroux and Chiarot. They finished 4th the previous season.

People need to stop with this "Florida is a bad team because they lost Giroux". They still have a pretty good lineup.
They’re not a bad team at all, but so far they’ve lost:
Marchment (UFA signing)
Giroux (UFA signing)
Chiarot (UFA signing)
Duclair (Injury/surgery)

And so far they’ve replaced that with:
Eric Staal
Marc Staal
Rudoph the red nosed Balcars
Colin White

That’s an obvious step backwards. They’re still very talented but have almost zero cap space now. I think people are hoping more than anything, an unprotected first would be huge if they slid this year.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Do they have cap space to get Kadri ?
$3M in cap space left, unless the strategy is to deal Laine for a C their entire offense will be driven by two wingers .. no offense to Roslovic (pardon the pun)

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005

I'd rather him take Petry and Gallagher

This shit is all so crazy. Cap space is more valuable than 30 goal scorers and top defensemen now. You literally have to add a sweetener to take a top 6 player, makes no damn sense.
It's because of shit like Gudbranson getting $4M AAV for 4 years when he's at best a #4. If I was a GM, I'd be looking overseas when contracts got the ridiculous.

Reactions: Garry Valk

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Gallagher needs to go. I looked up buying him out and he would be on the books for 10 freaking years....at 2.3m cap hit....sigh what a stupid contract MB made. MB totally f***ed our cap and then got canned. Why can't GM's get canned BEFORE f***ing up the cap.....
The goal this year should be to give him every opportunity to rebound. No defensive bullshit. If he can score 20+ and 50 points, maybe we can Pacioretty him to a team for future considerations.

ProMath

Dec 13, 2010
They’re not a bad team at all, but so fa they’ve lost:
Marchment (UFA signing)
Giroux (UFA signing)
Chiarot (UFA signing)
Duclair (Injury/surgery)

Giroux and Chariot were end of season acquisition. They were pretty good without those 2 last years.

It would take major injury/weird situation for Florida to be bad this season.

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
Tavares is also basically a 1ppg player, and Dubois is a .±65ppg player, 7M$ is the minimum (the QA was ±6.65M$) and we don't even have the cap space to do it and we still have Dach and Harris to resign + plus a Goalie if Price is out, if he get traded to MTL is agent can to ask for what ever he he want... If he wan't 9-10M$ what do we do? Yes I might have over blow the age factor but Suzuki and CC is basically our only core player we need a few more player come up and be better or equal to Suzuki to have a shot at improving so most of our core will be 3-4 years younger, it doesn't matter how good Dubois is if we don't have a support cast, a legit Dcore or goalie the team isn't winning a cup. If we were in on PLD clearly the Dach trade mean that they have moved on to plan B. If Dach doesn't pan out maybe you can circle back but if we land a Top pick in 2023 we will like draft a elite C, PLD is great player I just don't see the timing adding up we with our tank / rebuild and cap situation would need to make other moves to clear out cap space and we need to insure that we will have a team that able to win before making that kinda of deal, because if you don't you are likely starting a new cycle of being a wildcard/ playoff team but never having a real shot at winning the cup.

The best Timing for PDL to be in MTL will be Signing as a UFA, MTL will be in a better possition to know where they stand in the rebuild process, won't have to spend any asset and will have cap space.
We can still be bad even with PLD.

Like you said, no D and no goalie. And our bottom 6 is questionable. PLD ain't gonna save us like Carey did.

Plus side of having PLD is it gives Caufield/Suzuki/etc more talent to work with. Great for development including for a guy like PLD who still seems to have some untapped potential.

We will have to shed Petry of course to fit PLD. Deals don't seem to be the best so far (or maybe this has everything to do with Klinkberg). If I were Hugo I would feel comfortable playing the waiting game. Market could be at an all time low right now and there is no immediate rush to trade petry.

We do need cap space for this upcoming season, but it doesn't lie on the shoulders of Jeff Petry. I am not sure what the exact numbers are but a few million as projected from what I've read around here in the comments shouldn't be that tough of an obstacle to maneuver around, especially with this roster.

If Klingberg leaves Dallas, I think the dominos will start to fall. Petry to Dallas and then some type of package to WPG for dubois (wouldn't shock me to see Dach as one piece getting shipped out).

If Klink STAYS, then these talks probably get on hold for a bit.

Beendair Donedat

Juice Arse 2.0
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Giroux and Chariot were end of season acquisition. They were pretty good without those 2 last years.

It would take major injury/weird situation for Florida to be bad this season.
I don’t disagree with you, which is why I said they’re still a good team and very talented.

However they obviously aren’t as good on paper now, while being up against the cap. Bringing in the Staal brothers seems like a questionable move. The Weegar situation is interesting as well… Time will tell.

Reactions: habsfan891

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
We can still be bad even with PLD.

Like you said, no D and no goalie. And our bottom 6 is questionable. PLD ain't gonna save us like Carey did.

Plus side of having PLD is it gives Caufield/Suzuki/etc more talent to work with. Great for development including for a guy like PLD who still seems to have some untapped potential.

We will have to shed Petry of course to fit PLD. Deals don't seem to be the best so far (or maybe this has everything to do with Klinkberg). If I were Hugo I would feel comfortable playing the waiting game. Market could be at an all time low right now and there is no immediate rush to trade petry.

We do need cap space for this upcoming season, but it doesn't lie on the shoulders of Jeff Petry. I am not sure what the exact numbers are but a few million as projected from what I've read around here in the comments shouldn't be that tough of an obstacle to maneuver around, especially with this roster.

If Klingberg leaves Dallas, I think the dominos will start to fall. Petry to Dallas and then some type of package to WPG for dubois (wouldn't shock me to see Dach as one piece getting shipped out).

If Klink STAYS, then these talks probably get on hold for a bit.
We will likely be bad with Dubois because it mean that Petry is gone and most likely Price on LTIR so we get a top pick. Most of the best player in 2023 are C (Bedard / Fatilli / Dvorak / Benson / Yager/ Danielson / Ritchie /Wood). Center shouldn’t be a issue we have Suzuki, Dach, Dvorak and Evans plus a potentiel top pick will need to figure out who going to play D (D reach there prime a little later than FW) and in net, before try to upgrade #2 C.

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
We will likely be bad with Dubois because it mean that Petry is gone and most likely Price on LTIR so we get a top pick. Most of the best player in 2023 are C (Bedard / Fatilli / Dvorak / Benson / Yager/ Danielson / Ritchie /Wood). Center shouldn’t be a issue we have Suzuki, Dach, Dvorak and Evans plus a potentiel top pick will need to figure out who going to play D (D reach there prime a little later than FW) and in net, before try to upgrade #2 C.
Man I really wonder what they have up their sleeve to fix the D.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Does LA have any contracts they need to get rid of?

We would need to retain in order to send Drouin to LAK. They don't have cap space to fit him, and they would have to move a contract.

Something along the lines of:

Drouin, 20% retained ($1.1m), and Cam Hillis (C) for Sean Walker (RD), $2.65m, & Jaret Anderson-Dolan (C).

LAK would have about $1.5m in cap space, which is fair, and everyone signed.

Montreal about $1.75m. Still not enough to sign Dach.

I expect we LTIR Byron.

Destopcorner

Apr 29, 2018
Man I really wonder what they have up their sleeve to fix the
Man I really wonder what they have up their sleeve to fix the D.
My bet is something around Hronek for Petry + something very good. Hronek is super slick and becomes our PP QB for years while waiting for The Kid to graduate. Would instantly make our RD better, younger and most importantly filled after Petry's departure. Detroit get a great local veteran signed on a reasonable contrat ready to mentor the young core with Chariot. It also fits their agenda of competing now with yesterday's signings so there is real smoke this time.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Petry to NSH would be so sick. That top 4 of Josi, Ekholm, Petry and McDonagh with a prime Saros would be a fun team to watch come spring time.

Would you retain 50% if Nashville offered their 2023 1st unprotected?

No way Nashville offers it, so this is purely speculative.

Andrewcoursol

May 13, 2018
ontario
the habs should simply wait things out , acquire more top draft picks the next 2 seasons, as contracts expire or get traded keep that cap space to sign both Dubois and Aho at the same time, also price will either be healthy or on LTIR for the rest of his contract.if price is ltir add 10.5 million to the listed numbers below for cap space.

2023 expiring contracts Droiun @ 5.5, byron @ 3.4, dadonov@ 5.0, allen@ 2.85
2024 hoffman @4.5, wideman @ 762.500 , alzner off books @ 833.333
total 2023- $ 16.75 million

2024 $ 4.5 million (hoff) 1.595.8 wideman and alzner= total $6.9 million
2025 expiring contracts petry @ 6.25, savard @ 3.5 total $ 9.75

notable rfa to sign, 2022 -dach
2023- caufield, harris, also ?? poehling and pezetta
2024 rfa- Barron
I forgot to add armia expiring in 2024 ufa - 3.4 million

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Holly crap why didn't I know that Dubois was RFA? I thought he had two years left on his contract? Now this changes everything. We have to make the deal. Cause I don't see how the Jets would be interested in giving him anything. Place yourself in their shoes. They are gonna trade him before the summer is over.

Reactions: Habs Halifax
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad