HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #79

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I love the idea of getting Dubois without blowing up the core.

Dvorak, Byron/Drouin(cap), Florida’s 1st, any prospect not named Guhle/Slafkovsky/Farrell/Roy.
Roy or Farrell I consider. You have to give to get.

The prospect has to be the best piece in the deal, otherwise it's an easy no from Winnipeg.

In fact, it may need to be Barron and Roy or Farrell to get a deal done, if we're not including Guhle or Dach.

Reactions: McGuires Corndog

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Not sure I would trade Dvorak and Anderson both PLUS Poehling/Ylonen. That’s three NHLers under team control.

If Winnipeg turns that down they’re very stupid considering every NTC and NMC and Free Agent hates the thought of Winnipeg.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal

The prospect has to be the best piece in the deal, otherwise it's an easy no from Winnipeg.

In fact, it may need to be Barron and Roy or Farrell to get a deal done, if we're not including Guhle or Dach.
I’d be willing to include Dach, or Barron/Roy/Farrell if that was the deal breaker.

At that price i may reduce Florida’s 1st to our 2nd though, it may not amount to many spots in the draft anyways but it could be the difference come draft day.

Reactions: 26Mats

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
I wonder how annoying trying to get a trade to happen can be.

Day 30 of calling:

Hughes: "Hey Kev"

Chevaldayoff: ".....Ugh, hi Kent"

Hughes: "Gimme Dubois"

KC: "Nah"

Day 33:

Hughes: C'mon

KC: "NO!"
KC mumbles incoherently: “say what for Dubois”
Chevy: “What?”
KC: “deal!”

jrom

Mar 28, 2022

People would be up in arms but I would trade Joshua Roy to get Dubois (not convinced Roy fits with the team we’re building but only tradable for another Franco player).

I hope they don’t trade Arber 🙃

Reactions: ArtPeur and 26Mats

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Not sure I would trade Dvorak and Anderson both PLUS Poehling/Ylonen. That’s three NHLers under team control.

If Winnipeg turns that down they’re very stupid considering every NTC and NMC and Free Agent hates the thought of Winnipeg.
My thinking is that neither Anderson and Dvorak are part of this team's future, and ultimately management would like to get their contracts off the books sooner rather than later.

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
Some are saying that Dach was indeed the back-up plan.

The contention was the the Habs tried very hard to land a top 7 pick (Ottawa’s was the most likely), which would have then become the key piece in a Dubois deal.

Top 7 pick plus is too rich for me when we can sign the guy for free in 2 years and if he ends up somewhere else before the 2 years are up so be it.

Reactions: Runner77

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Leclerc, the reporter who broke the story about the Habs pursuing Dubois, added a couple more details on a RadCan podcast:

"In the week of the draft, I know it was a tough negotiation. I was told that the Canadiens offered a consideration of three players to get their hands on Pierre-Luc Dubois. I don't know who the players are, but they want to liquidate salaries."

“Dubois attended the draft. The belief was that his trade would be announced during the draft. When it was announced that the Habs had traded for the 13th OA pick, there were people within Dubois’ entourage who thought that was the missing key piece for the Habs to acquire Dubois. It was believed that the Habs were close to their objective.”

Clearly, one of Leclerc’s sources is within Dubois’ entourage.

Leclerc adds that talks have resumed this week. There may have been a correlation with Hughes postponing his presser.

If they really wanted Dubois they would’ve used the 13th pick to get him. They used it to get Dach, a C they wanted because they asked tons of questions about him to his entourage in Chicago.

Case closed.

Reactions: cphabs

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I'm fine with plan B.
I would be as well. But someone within the Habs’ org appears to be pushing for this to happen.

I’d much rather see the same efforts deployed toward landing a young RH first pairing ceiling offensive PMD, which we don’t currently have outside of maybe Hutson realizing his full potential.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
If the rumours are true and the Habs couldn't land Dubois for a player, the 13thOA and a prospect, then I don't think a trade now is possible.

Hughes will not trade his 1st rounder which means the 2023 1st round pick from Florida would be in play for Hughes and that pick has a significant chance of being much lower than 13th overall like this years pick we momentarily had.

Unless more prospects/players are involved, I don't see this happening soon.

Dvorak + 2023 1st (FLO) + a prospect or 2 like Kidney + Roy or Norlinder/Struble is a solid offer for a 60 point player who doesn't really want to be in Winnipeg.

I get Winnipeg want more, but doubt they get it from Habs.

Dvorak, Nazar, Norlinder and Roy isn't enough for Chevy? Than he's just dumb!

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
I would be as well. But someone within the Habs’ org appears to be pushing for this to happen.

I’d much rather see the same efforts deployed toward landing a young RH first pairing ceiling offensive PMD, which we don’t currently have outside of maybe Hutson realizing his full potential.
I'm much more interested in the young RD too we have centers now with the addition of Dach and have almost zero RD in the system other than Barron and Mailloux who are long shots to be top pairing

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008

I agree, they are ok down the middle now. Not willing to give up assets for a guy they can chase in a couple of years. If he really wants to play in MTL he will play out last two years and go to UFA.

They have bigger holes to fill and he isnt worth giving up picks and prospects right now.

I don't get the whole PLD love. Im not giving up an unprotected 1st (even if its Florida's) in this upcoming draft nor am I willing to move Farrell or Roy. I think they are more than ok with NS, Dach, Dvo, and Evans down the middle.

I think PLD would get eaten alive in MTL with his work ethic/attitude. If they really want him, wait till UFA and then go hard after him. No sense giving up any assets to get a guy they can go after in two years.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
I wouldn't say Barron is a long shot just yet.

Barron will be at least second pairing (3/4) for sure.

Thats why I wouldnt trade any 1st round picks, this team needs to keep filling the cupboard. In a few years when they develop and the team has cap space they will reap the rewards. These guy will eventually play and/or they can move some of them to fill needs. They are only a couple of years from being such a spot.

Hope Hugo is patient and stays the course. Do this right and this team will be good for a long time.

Paddy17

Apr 10, 2021
There's no hurry to blow away good assets for PLD. The longer we wait, the more the price goes down.

And even if he doesn't come here as a UFA, so be it. That will be it for his "desire to play for the Habs". Habs don't need Dubois, especially this year. No need to FOMO. Plenty of good centers in next year's draft.

He would be nice to get, but only if the timing and price is right.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I can’t imagine Winnipeg is easy to negotiate with but on the other hand literally zero players want to play in or for Winnipeg so they better accept that they’re gonna need to trade for NHLers

Anderson+ for Dubois is certainly the core of it

The plus is not Petry. It can be Dadonov but I think it would be maybe something else. Hmm 🤔

Look at it from Winnipeg’s POV: they want players who have good attitude and long term. Anderson fits, who else?

Habs need to dump at least 9m in this trade.

Edit: Poehling is thrown in there too.

Dubois for Anderson, Poehling, and a capdump [Armia, Hoffman, Drouin, Byron]?

Xx - Suzuki - Caufield
Slafkovsky - Dach - Dadonov
Xx - Dvorak - Gallagher
[spares]

?
Not true - they’ve been very successful in attracting & keeping Minny boys. Wheeler, Byfuglien, Pionk, Schmidt etc.

Poehling as part of package would have more value to Jets than other teams

Reactions: Runner77

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
If we can get Dubois without Anderson going the other way that would be good.

A top 6 of Anderson, Dach, Dubois, Slaf, Suzuki, with the exception of Caufield... that's a lot of meat up front.

Add Guhle, Mailloux, Eddy, Savard, Xhekaj in the back and teams will not have a good time facing us.

Reactions: dralaf

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
There's no hurry to blow away good assets for PLD. The longer we wait, the more the price goes down.

And even if he doesn't come here as a UFA, so be it. That will be it for his "desire to play for the Habs". Habs don't need Dubois, especially this year. No need to FOMO. Plenty of good centers in next year's draft.

He would be nice to get, but only if the timing and price is right.
I disagree with this thinking.

A good young player wants to be traded to the Habs. He has the physical profile, the age profile, and production/skills to instantly become a serious contributor.

You turn your nose down at that because you prefer to keep a first round pick or two? Why is that exactly — because we hit on our first round picks so often, or because we have too many productive, big hitter, local players?

Harry Kakalovich

Like and reply
Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
I don't really want PLD. I do however want the Habs to trade out contracts. The only scenario I would be interested in PLD is if the Habs are moving Anderson and Dvo or Petry to get him. Personally I wouldn't want to send any good futures out at the moment - but I'd be fine with a mid to late pick.

I doubt Montreal is really the team that will pay Winnipeg's asking price for PLD unless it's some sort of 3-way trade involving those 3 contracts (Anderson, Dvo, Petry) or unless Winnipeg wants to compete this year and likes those players.

Reactions: McPhees Moustache

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Not sure the Jets love that idea though lol
And that’s absolutely fair.

Their hands appear to be somewhat tied in this situation and it seems pretty apparent that PLD’s intention is to sign with us as a UFA in a few years which totally negates his trade value to any team hoping to use him beyond a 1-2 year window. And how much value will a disgruntled player being sent somewhere he doesn’t want to go, hold?

Reactions: CaptainKirk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad