Speculation: Trade Ideas and Free Agency XI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

J22*

With Wild acquring Pominville in 2013 and Moulson last yr I wonder if GMCF will make the big trade this year?

I don't think that there's even a rental player still available that would play on the top 3 lines or top 2 d-pairs. I'm not sure there's even a "Pominville" type trade to be made. Take out the guys that simply wont be traded, and I don't see where you would be looking to upgrade. 2nd line center maybe?

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Russo said this morning that he expects both Cooke and Carter to be back before the playoffs begin, so that needs to be factored in here as well.

elnewby

Feb 21, 2012
MT
If Scandy misses time I don't think there is anyway GMCF doesn't bring in another Dman. I thought he would be done dealing, but if he's hurt it may change things.

If Scandella is fine, I'm okay with keeping the roster the way it is. We have good things rolling right now. Also Carter, Cooke, Zucker could have a chance to come back later in the season.

J22*

If Scandy misses time I don't think there is anyway GMCF doesn't bring in another Dman. I thought he would be done dealing, but if he's hurt it may change things.

If Scandella is fine, I'm okay with keeping the roster the way it is. We have good things rolling right now. Also Carter, Cooke, Zucker could have a chance to come back later in the season.

The Wild absolutely need to add a left shot dman, even if it's just to have him sit in the press box.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
So, the Wild apparently had interest in David Schlemko before Dallas grabbed him on waivers. Any chance we try a second time?

Erixon might be interesting too, just have to think a defensemen gets added to the team at some point before 2pm tomorrow.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
I don't see any downside to picking up Erixson. He likely won't become the type of player he was drafted to become, but I think he can handle a bottom pairing role now - and who knows... He could hit his stride like Scandella.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
We have got to bring in one more depth d, preferably a L-H. And our guys are already getting beat up, so it seems more of when, not if.

Keep Falk as far away from this team as possible.

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities

TheSauceBoss

May 14, 2010
Based on the prices over the last few days, I'd be content holding still. Glencross for a '15 2nd and 3rd makes our deal for Bergey look amazing.

Wild48

Ski U Mah
Nov 10, 2011
Duluth
People ***** about Vanek and then want to bring Kessel here? You want Yeo to coach Kessel?

And you're going to have to shed more salary than just Pomm, who is cheap for the amount of offense he brings and is not a defensive liability and is a good leader on this team.

I am not in the anti-vanek camp at all.

J22*

Yeah the prices are crazy,no sense giving up anything for a rental.

Will people feel the same way if somehow the Wild are in the WCF and their d-core looks like this-

Suter-Brodin
Scandella-Dumba
Falk-Folin

Or worse? They need to add a left shot d-man. A guy who can play at the same level that Prosser is currently at shouldn't cost more than the Wild can afford.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Even with Brodin being better on the right side i still do not understand why we do not move him to the left... Spot him on the right with Suter here and there, And tell him to be more active on the offense to grow his game, Folin there to complete slap shots.

Suter Dumba/Brodin
Scandella Spurgeron
Brodin Folin

every pair has an anchor, skill, someone who can distribute, speed, and someone who can get a hard shot through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad