Speculation: Trade Ideas and Free Agency XI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

J22*

Even with Brodin being better on the right side i still do not understand why we do not move him to the left... Spot him on the right with Suter here and there, And tell him to be more active on the offense to grow his game, Folin there to complete slap shots.

Suter Dumba/Brodin
Scandella Spurgeron
Brodin Folin

every pair has an anchor, skill, someone who can distribute, speed, and someone who can get a hard shot through.

You don't put your 3 best dmen on 3 different pairs. In the NHL you put together the best possible top 4 that you can and try to have a 3rd pair that can handle a handful of shifts a period and hopefully chip in on the PP/PK.

plock

Sonic Reducer
Oct 5, 2013
Mill City
Will people feel the same way if somehow the Wild are in the WCF and their d-core looks like this-

Suter-Brodin
Scandella-Dumba
Falk-Folin

Or worse? They need to add a left shot d-man. A guy who can play at the same level that Prosser is currently at shouldn't cost more than the Wild can afford.

There are like 2 available dmen in the rental market,Petry and Michalek,there are at least 6 teams interested in adding D.Petry probably will get a #2 pick + a prospect and Michalek will also get something similiar,with the crazy prices being paid I would not be overly surprised if Petry + a lower pick got a first round pick.

As far as trades for dmen with contracts there are some available (Polak and Yandle) but right now the price may be too high and the team you are trading with knows you are desperate and has a lot more leverage.It probably makes more sense to wait until the offseason to make these kind of trades.

If anything does happen I believe it will be some kind of trade for a non-rental player.

You don't trade anything for a player equal to Prossers level.

J22*

There are like 2 available dmen in the rental market,Petry and Michalek,there are at least 6 teams interested in adding D.Petry probably will get a #2 pick + a prospect and Michalek will also get something similiar,with the crazy prices being paid I would not be overly surprised if Petry + a lower pick got a first round pick.

As far as trades for dmen with contracts there are some available (Polak and Yandle) but right now the price may be too high and the team you are trading with knows you are desperate and has a lot more leverage.It probably makes more sense to wait until the offseason to make these kind of trades.

If anything does happen I believe it will be some kind of trade for a non-rental player.

You're aiming way to high. First of all Petry and Michalek are RD so the Wild wouldn't have any interest in either.

You absolutely trade something for a player equal to Prossers level, if it keeps you from having to play somebody at Falks level.

I'm expecting a late round pick for a guy like Leopold, Brewer,Salvador,Meszaros,Hejda, type of trade.

plock

Sonic Reducer
Oct 5, 2013
Mill City
Yandle to NYR for Moore,Duclair and a 1st (2016),Duclair is a pretty good prospect who looks to be NHL ready.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010

What about Coburn? Big LHD with term, damn near the definition of what we want.

J22*

What about Coburn? Big LHD with term, damn near the definition of what we want.

I would love to get Coburn, but I don't think Fletcher is willing to pay the price he would cost. It also might be hard to justify paying that much for a guy to play on the 3rd pair.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
I would love to get Coburn, but I don't think Fletcher is willing to pay the price he would cost. It also might be hard to justify paying that much for a guy to play on the 3rd pair.

Coburn and Dumba would look so good paired together.

El Nino22

Nov 19, 2010
Keith Aulie was put on waivers by Edmonton. He could be worth a claim. Left-handed shot and 6'6 230. I haven't watched him play at all but he's averaging about 15-17 mins a night according to his game log and only -1 on the year for a terrible defensive team. I know +/- isn't a really great stat but that still says something. Plus he would nothing and could be waived if it doesn't work out. I think he'd be fine playing on the third pair and hopefully provide the role Clayton Stoner did for us the last few years.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
Go big or go home...throw our 1st 2015, 2nd 2016, 4th 2015, Oloffson and Lucia for Phaneuf at 50% retain

El Nino22

Nov 19, 2010
Yeah Phanuef doesn't entice me especially with his rumored attitude and locker room problems from his days with the Flames.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Um... no... even at 50% it would likely still cost us Spurgeon. So you're trading all of those assets for pretty much nothing.

Also, we don't have our 2016 2nd rounder.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Go big or go home...throw our 1st 2015, 2nd 2016, 4th 2015, Oloffson and Lucia for Phaneuf at 50% retain
I would not pay one quarter of that for Phaneuf. And I actually think he would add value to the Wild.

I think Moore would be a good pickup if Phoenix was going to flip him.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
Phaneuf and Suter would be hands down the top pairing in the NHL...that's incredibly enticing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad