Speculation: Trade Ideas and Free Agency XI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PAYHA

Jan 17, 2015
In the woods
Keith Aulie was put on waivers by Edmonton. He could be worth a claim. Left-handed shot and 6'6 230. I haven't watched him play at all but he's averaging about 15-17 mins a night according to his game log and only -1 on the year for a terrible defensive team. I know +/- isn't a really great stat but that still says something. Plus he would nothing and could be waived if it doesn't work out. I think he'd be fine playing on the third pair and hopefully provide the role Clayton Stoner did for us the last few years.

I don't hate this idea

WiscMNwildfan

May 31, 2012
I'd inquire about Gryba from Ottawa or Tyutin at the right price. Barker, Clark, and Skoula are still available too.

Sportsfan1

Jun 9, 2012
State of Hockey
I have a feeling the sellers like Arizona, Buffalo and Edmonton (haha, never mind that last one) will be extremely good here in the next 2-3 years. They've made out like bandits in these deals.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Uh - what the hell is Dallas doing?

Also, does anyone want Brodziak because the prices are insane this trade deadline.

Sportsfan1

Jun 9, 2012
State of Hockey
If someone gave us a 2nd round pick for brodzy you'd have to think about it. But he's been extremely solid for us in that 4th line role so hate to give that up.

PAYHA

Jan 17, 2015
In the woods
Uh - what the hell is Dallas doing?

Also, does anyone want Brodziak because the prices are insane this trade deadline.

I'm torn on what I'd do with brodz. He has been playing alright lately and is pretty solid on the PK. He could be very helpful in the playoffs. On the other hand nows the only chance to swap him for above fair market value. If i knew Carter was close to returning and being able to step back into form, it'd maybe make the decision easier?

J22*

I think trading Brodziak would send a terrible message to the locker room. These guys have been busting ass to get back in the hunt, and Brodziak has been a pretty big part of that.

Wild11MN

First round losers
Sponsor
May 28, 2013
MN
I think trading Brodziak would send a terrible message to the locker room. These guys have been busting ass to get back in the hunt, and Brodziak has been a pretty big part of that.

I kind of think the same. I don't think he's going anywhere.

J22*

What should be our expectations tomorrow? Depth trade? Blockbuster?

Fletcher hasn't been here for a trade deadline where he didn't make a trade, so I am expecting something.

My prediction is Andrej Meszaros for a 5th round pick

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Guessing a depth move or two. If we make another blockbuster, it better be one hell of a steal for us.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
I feel like Brodziak has earned his place on our roster right now.

He chips in points here and there, he's one of the more rugged players we have who will stand up for the other guys, he's defensively responsible, good on the PK. I think he's worth a second just for us to keep him.

That fourth line is doing really well, in part because of him. Without checking, isn't he still pretty good in FO as well? An area, outside of Koivu, we kind suck at.

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
Honestly Brodz is fine and has played well for us. I know odds are slim he's back but that depth is very good to have heading into the playoffs.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Only way we give up Brodz if he is part of a package for an upgrade. Right now we definitely need him for the playoff push this year. Getting a second doesn't help us now.

Only teams that would be interested in Brodz would be ones that are also making a playoff push. Unlikely they will send anything our way that will help us now, as that would just create another hole for them.

Bottom line, it's highly unlikely he is moved.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
I hope the Wild don't move Brodz. He has played well and will be important come playoff time. While he was benched for parts of the 1st round, he had a massive game 7. Assisted on Nino's tying goal in the 3rd, Spurgeons late tying goal and Nino's game 7 OT winner.

Billy Mays Here*

Depth d-man at best, not expecting anything more than that, if anything at all.

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
Would anyone here be against trying to get Burns back? I know he's playing forward ow for SJ but damn it be nice to have him back on our team.

I don't even know what SJ would want but they are fading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad