Speculation: Trade Ideas and Free Agency XI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
I want no part in Kessel. He doesn't fit into this teams identity. Besides we're good with wingers. Now another C would be nice, Tampa Bay has overabundance of Centers. I'd try and get Filppula.

Wild11MN

First round losers
Sponsor
May 28, 2013
MN
I want no part in Kessel. He doesn't fit into this teams identity. Besides we're good with wingers. Now another C would be nice, Tampa Bay has overabundance of Centers. I'd try and get Filppula.

What do you think that price would be? Looks like he's got 4 more years at $5 mill per, so salary would have to go back.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
What do you think that price would be? Looks like he's got 4 more years at $5 mill per, so salary would have to go back.

I believe one of our defenders would be going that way, probably Spurgeon as they would need one solid defender with great offensive skills.

I wouldn't want to give up any of our top-4 Dmen though. I'd try to figure out something else.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
Tampa has some good, young centers coming up it sounds like.

I would rather we go after one of them and not another aging forward. We just have enough older forwards on our team...

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Tampa has some good, young centers coming up it sounds like.

I would rather we go after one of them and not another aging forward. We just have enough older forwards on our team...

Sure, but they cost a lot more than Filppula.

J22*

I believe one of our defenders would be going that way, probably Spurgeon as they would need one solid defender with great offensive skills.

I wouldn't want to give up any of our top-4 Dmen though. I'd try to figure out something else.

What do you do with Granlund if you trade for Filppula? 3rd line of Nino-Granlund-Coyle?

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
What do you do with Granlund if you trade for Filppula? 3rd line of Nino-Granlund-Coyle?

Or move him to wing.

Top 9:
Parise-Koivu-Granlund
Bergenheim-Filppula-Pominville
Nino-Coyle-Vanek

J22*

Fair enough. However, we'd have to shed cap if we brought in another established player like that though.

I don't think the cap would be a problem. If they were to add Flip, you would have to think Spurgeon is going the other way.

Or move him to wing.

Top 9:
Parise-Koivu-Granlund
Bergenheim-Filppula-Pominville
Nino-Coyle-Vanek

IMO- Granlund would be traded before they moved him to wing. Granlund adds nothing to this team playing on the wing.

DUMBA55

Jun 18, 2013
Russo just mentioned that Tim Erixon has been placed on waivers. Gives Wild the ability to pick up a left-hand shot withot giving up assets for Leopold or another.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
I wonder what kind of price it would cost to bring Jumbo Joe in for a run? Obviously not a long term answer but man would he look good in a Wild sweater!

Edit: forgot about NMC he has...he's probably not waiving that to come here

Last edited:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I wonder what kind of price it would cost to bring Jumbo Joe in for a run? Obviously not a long term answer but man would he look good in a Wild sweater!

Edit: forgot about NMC he has...he's probably not waiving that to come here

He's a curse against any playoff run.

El Nino22

Nov 19, 2010
Granlund has really been stepping up lately along with Coyle and Haula. You can never have enough depth at center but assuming Brodziak stays and with Ryan Carter coming back center isn't my biggest concern right now. When Granlund plays confidently he gets much better in the face-off department and right now he is second to Koivu in FO% on the team.

One big need this team needs to address for this season and the potential playoff run is some grit. Whether its at wing or a defense, we could use a bigger physical presence. This team is going to need some pushback when we play the bigger tougher teams. Right now our forward group looks great so its hard to take anybody out but its a need I believe Fletcher needs to address. Some available names according to TSN Matt Belesky, Curtis Glencross, Chris Stewart, Chris Neil, Erik Cole. Some of those guys would cost too much but I think Belesky would be a nice fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad