Speculation: Trade Ideas and Free Agency XI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
Yes they definitely need to shed salary. With Kaner hurt everyone is throwing out rumors with them being buyers (Lupul, Bozak, Vermette etc.) they will have to shed salary to do so. According to NHL Numbers, 1.365 of space, who would they move?

They'll be IRing Kane so they'll be able to replace his salary. Should be a bit more than stated 1.365 number. So, they'd be able to trade for a replacement, but it'd only be a true rental.

HughJazz3dg

Jun 27, 2011
How's Ryan Carter playing for you guys?

If he's playing well enough, you should reward him by trading for his buddy Steve Bernier. They were linemates along with Stephen Gionta when the Devils made it to the finals a couple of seasons ago. They were one of the main reasons we made it to the finals, ask anybody on the Devils board.

Bergenheim-Carter-Bernier could be a crazy effective fourth line.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
How's Ryan Carter playing for you guys?

If he's playing well enough, you should reward him by trading for his buddy Steve Bernier. They were linemates along with Stephen Gionta when the Devils made it to the finals a couple of seasons ago. They were one of the main reasons we made it to the finals, ask anybody on the Devils board.

Bergenheim-Carter-Bernier could be a crazy effective fourth line.

He is injured Right now.

gopherman23

Jul 10, 2013
Minnesota
Ahh damn I need to pay more attention. How was he playing? How long is he out for?

He's week to week as Mike Yeo put it. Probably expect him out fot a at least two more weeks. He was playing well before injury. He's a good fourth liner, I was surprised NJ just got rid of him like they did. I suspect the Wild will resign him after the season and let Brodziak walk.

As far as getting Bernier, we already have Cooke and Brodziak, and we just got Bergenheim, we just don't need anymore bottom 6 guys.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Ahh damn I need to pay more attention. How was he playing? How long is he out for?

When he first came here there was a lot of "meh" reactions, but when he was injured, there was quite a bit of lamenting that we would miss him. So that tells you something.

I have enjoyed having him on the team, I think he's an asset in the bottom 6.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
The Wild are pretty set up front going forward. Not saying that they can't improve quality, but they have a fair amount of quantity.
Carter is worthy of being re-signed, depending on his salary demands. Zucker has turned into a stud.

Nino, Coyle, Parise, Pominville, Koivu, Vanek, Granlund(?!) probably aren't going anywhere. Schroeder looks good so far, and should be asked to stick around. Cooke has one more year on his contract. Haula may have played himself off the team, but he might also bounce back next year. Would hate to toss him away w/o seeing if he can regain form. Bergenheim? Who knows?

Graovac should probably get a look-see next year. Maybe Lucia towards the end of the year? Keranen looks to be the odd man out.
Don't see Brodziak coming back, but Yeo is in love with the guy. If they can get him cheaply I wouldn't put it past the Wild to keep him around.

Am i forgetting somebody?

Oh, right, Fontaine. That's a lot of forwards!

Last edited:

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
So, next year we have a 1st and then skip two rounds and then a 4th?

I honestly don't see Minnesota making many more moves, especially since Sekera just went for a conditional 1st. He's good but I wouldn't give up a 1st for him.

Also, we're out three draft picks already (2nd, 3rd and 3rd) and with the way the Baby Wild are, they desperately need help. No more college kids, time to draft some CHLers and Euros.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
So, next year we have a 1st and then skip two rounds and then a 4th?

I honestly don't see Minnesota making many more moves, especially since Sekera just went for a conditional 1st. He's good but I wouldn't give up a 1st for him.

Also, we're out three draft picks already (2nd, 3rd and 3rd) and with the way the Baby Wild are, they desperately need help. No more college kids, time to draft some CHLers and Euros.

Baby Wild need help, so you want the Wild to draft the only players that by rule CAN'T play in the AHL for two years?

Also, we still have our 2nd this year. We don't have next years. The Moulson trade was 2014 and 2016 2nd Round Picks.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Wild should be gauging Jan Hejda's value come the deadline. He's playing outside what his role should be at this stage on a bad avalanche team, but he'd be about perfect for 15 minutes a night 3rd pairing LHD duty next to Folin/Dumba.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Wild should be gauging Jan Hejda's value come the deadline. He's playing outside what his role should be at this stage on a bad avalanche team, but he'd be about perfect for 15 minutes a night 3rd pairing LHD duty next to Folin/Dumba.

If he could be had for a middling prospect, I'm all for it. We kinda need our picks.

Mubiki

Jan 10, 2013
Anyone hear news about possible college UFAS the Wild may be going after?

I know there are a few decent centers, like the Bailey kid from Penn State. Center seems to be a position we could sell, with Koivu getting older, Brodziak likely done with the team, and limited competition in the minors.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Hi guys. Someone on the Pens board suggested trying to get Nino from you guys. Everyone said that it wasn't really possible, which I agree.

What, if anything, would if take from the Pens to consider trading Nino to them?

Someone said Despres+.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Hi guys. Someone on the Pens board suggested trying to get Nino from you guys. Everyone said that it wasn't really possible, which I agree.

What, if anything, would if take from the Pens to consider trading Nino to them?

Someone said Despres+.

Despres+ would not get it done.

I'd say Maatta, but even then, even with how good he his, we're pretty comfortable on the left side of our defense at the moment and for the next 5 years at least.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta

Someone said Despres+.

Not really in the market for young defensemen with Top 4 potential, already have a surplus of them.

We need (high potential) Top 6 centers more than anything.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Not trading Nino. Why would the wild trade a guy who is there second leading goal scorer? That they play on the third line...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad