Speculation: Trade Ideas and Free Agency XI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
I'm fine with paying for a bottom pairing d-man, but I'm just praying that we don't do anything like the Moulson trade from last year. Obviously hindsight is 50/50, but it seemed like a steep price at the time and I don't think anyone can say that we got our money's worth.

If hindsight is '20/20' and plenty of us complained about the steep price, then a fair amount of us knew Moulson sucked before he got here. And definitely not the worth price.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Depth D-man probably wouldn't be a terrible idea... A #6-7 guy.

Really hope we don't trade for a depth forward...

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
There's no point getting a defenseman who's not better than Prosser,Falk,Folin,Ballard etc.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
The Wild has also inquired heavily into center Antoine Vermette, but the price is extraordinary right now and this perhaps will back Minnesota out. It likes Vermette because the Wild has struggled all year in the faceoff circle beyond Mikko Koivu and he’s seventh in the NHL in the circle. He also has skill and was with assistant GM Brent Flahr in Ottawa.

From Russo's last blog

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Depth D-man probably wouldn't be a terrible idea... A #6-7 guy.

Really hope we don't trade for a depth forward...

Well... Bergenheim is a pleasant surprise. :laugh:

His style of play is what I'm hoping Bulmer develops.

elnewby

Feb 21, 2012
MT
At some point we are going to have to trade some bodies. I feel like picks just keep flying out the door.

Don't see how we could get Vermette.

Bottom pairing D possible.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i sure hope we're not giving away all our picks. are you really gonna get a better D man then folin , blum , prosser for cheap? a forward that can score will cost more than a 2nd, why , why ,why give up the farm? CF didnt you learn your lesson last year with moulson? one eye on the future!

PAYHA

Jan 17, 2015
In the woods
Supposedly the Hawks and Patrick Sharp are not happy with other. Maybe Vanek and a low prospect would be enticing if tensions were that high...Sharp with Granlund, yes please!

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Supposedly the Hawks and Patrick Sharp are not happy with other. Maybe Vanek and a low prospect would be enticing if tensions were that high...Sharp with Granlund, yes please!

Won't happen. Hawks need to shed salary.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
Won't happen. Hawks need to shed salary.

Yes they definitely need to shed salary. With Kaner hurt everyone is throwing out rumors with them being buyers (Lupul, Bozak, Vermette etc.) they will have to shed salary to do so. According to NHL Numbers, 1.365 of space, who would they move?

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Yes they definitely need to shed salary. With Kaner hurt everyone is throwing out rumors with them being buyers (Lupul, Bozak, Vermette etc.) they will have to shed salary to do so. According to NHL Numbers, 1.365 of space, who would they move?

If it's true that Sharp isn't happy, maybe him? :naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad