Speculation: Trade Ideas and Free Agency XI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Timonen is almost 40.

And he played in 77 games last season, averaging 20 minutes a game! He's not signed past this year, and he could be good on our 3rd pairing. Given the fact he'll pretty much only play 1 game before the trade deadline it could be a cheap pick-up. It'd be great to have a veteran presence there on the 3rd pairing if we get into the playoffs.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Timonen is almost 40.

And he is still a solid player who could play 4/5 easily. This team needs to remember it has zero depth on the blue line if another player goes down. They will need something there. And what better person than someone who has some good playoff experience and will play 18-20 minutes a game no problem.

Lennu32

Oct 4, 2011
And he played in 77 games last season, averaging 20 minutes a game! He's not signed past this year, and he could be good on our 3rd pairing. Given the fact he'll pretty much only play 1 game before the trade deadline it could be a cheap pick-up. It'd be great to have a veteran presence there on the 3rd pairing if we get into the playoffs.

Timonen also played in the Olympics too. And played well. Given this is his final season he's willing to give his all for SC dream.

Alexandrov

Dec 5, 2011

I...I actually like this idea

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I'm not against getting Timonen, but the price has to be right. A low pick and B-prospect max.

Examples? A 4th and Draeger/Labbe? Is that too much/too little?

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Thats bordering too much but maybe acceptable.

What's the deal with Timonen anyway? I noticed he hasn't played a game this season. Are we sure he'll even return?

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
What's the deal with Timonen anyway? I noticed he hasn't played a game this season. Are we sure he'll even return?

Blood clot in his leg and lung (?). He's been skating on his own since early February, been practicing lately and says he needs a few more until he's ready for a game, probably this weekend.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
With the Flyers going on a run and being pretty close to a playoff spot, I wonder if they'd rather hang on to him and see what they've still got, rather than trade him for scraps.

35 points last year, that's pretty solid.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
I'm 99% sure he will retire with the Flyers after this season. He just wants to retire with his skates on, not with his sneakers on.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
I'm 99% sure he will retire with the Flyers after this season. He just wants to retire with his skates on, not with his sneakers on.

Pretty much figured this would be his last year anyways. And if Philly is still making playoff pushes they probably are not going to let him go unless they have something in their own system ready to step up.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
This is crazy...

Look at the Wild center 5v5 stats:

G60: 0.4 / 0.5 / 0.5 / 0.7
P60: 1.6 / 1.6 / 1.5 / 1.6
S60: 6.1 / 5.1 / 6.1 / 6.5
Sh%: 7.3 / 10.7 / 7.7 / 10.2

Koivu / Granlund / Coyle / Brodziak

Super close.

Difference would CF% and FO%:

CF%: 55.2 / 52.9 / 52.0 / 44.5
FO%: 55.1 / 49.2 / 45.4 / 48.4

And here's Olli Jokinen:

G60: 0.3
P60: 0.6
S60: 8.2
Sh%: 3.7
CF%: 50.4
FO%: 39.6

Not interested.

DrPP

Oct 21, 2009
This is crazy...

Look at the Wild center 5v5 stats:

G60: 0.4 / 0.5 / 0.5 / 0.7
P60: 1.6 / 1.6 / 1.5 / 1.6
S60: 6.1 / 5.1 / 6.1 / 6.5
Sh%: 7.3 / 10.7 / 7.7 / 10.2

Koivu / Granlund / Coyle / Brodziak

Super close.

Difference would CF% and FO%:

CF%: 55.2 / 52.9 / 52.0 / 44.5
FO%: 55.1 / 49.2 / 45.4 / 48.4

And here's Olli Jokinen:

G60: 0.3
P60: 0.6
S60: 8.2
Sh%: 3.7
CF%: 50.4
FO%: 39.6

Not interested.

I've always thought Brodziak should center the top line. :sarcasm:

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Yeah, we should totally spend assets to get Timonen, a guy who is old, hasn't played in ages, andoffers a skill set we already have.

I would have loved to have him 5 years old. Now, we have plenty of puck-movers already.

We need big, physical, crease-clearer LD to replace Prosser instead.

Billy Mays Here*

Only time I was interested in Olli was back when he was a free agent before he signed with the Flames. Would have been a good no. 2 center for us but we didn't get him. Now, no interest at all.

El Nino22

Nov 19, 2010
One thing I'd like to see is Fletcher try a change of scenery type deal i.e Pouliot for Latendresse with some of our high-drafted players that haven't panned out like Phillips, Bulmer, Busseries, etc.. Obviously we would be taking back another teams struggling prospect but those deals can turn out to be home runs. Sometimes a fresh start is all a prospect needs and its sad that we don't have a single forward prospect capable of filling a top-9 role in Iowa besides Graovac and maybe Keranen.

Also I still think Jiri Tlusty would be a great move for this team. I know Fletcher said most like depth moves and I agree with that because this team needs more penalty killers with Carter and Zucks out and really we need more grit on the 4th line. Some energy guys. A capable veteran 5/6/7 defensemen would be nice too.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
One thing I'd like to see is Fletcher try a change of scenery type deal i.e Pouliot for Latendresse with some of our high-drafted players that haven't panned out like Phillips, Bulmer, Busseries, etc.. Obviously we would be taking back another teams struggling prospect but those deals can turn out to be home runs. Sometimes a fresh start is all a prospect needs and its sad that we don't have a single forward prospect capable of filling a top-9 role in Iowa besides Graovac and maybe Keranen.

Also I still think Jiri Tlusty would be a great move for this team. I know Fletcher said most like depth moves and I agree with that because this team needs more penalty killers with Carter and Zucks out and really we need more grit on the 4th line. Some energy guys. A capable veteran 5/6/7 defensemen would be nice too.

I like Jiri. He hasn't killed a penalty in ten games according to Leftwing Lock although he has sparingly. I guess this would define the depth move term.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
On defense, the Wild is one Nate Prosser injury away from having to recall Justin Falk as a left-shot D or miscast right-shot rookie D's Matt Dumba or Christian Folin on the left side (the Wild hates doing that because as young D, the team wants them in the best situation to succeed) or put Jonas Brodin on the left side (and my opinion is the left-shot Brodin is never as good strangely at left D as he is as right, especially next to Ryan Suter. Just my opinion though. Not sure the organization agrees with my belief).

So with Spurgeon going to come back at some point and the fact that likely Folin would come out of the lineup when that happens and be the extra if the blue line is healthy (AGAIN, Prosser is needed to stay in the lineup on the left and has played great for a dozen games now), you really only need to acquire one D that can play games but maybe waits in the wings until needed. So, it wouldn’t shock me if the type of D acquired is a third-pair type of defenseman. We shall see. But I’d be very surprised if the Wild doesn’t acquire a defenseman before Monday’s 2 p.m. deadline, and probably a left-shot one.

Up front, same thing. Matt Cooke and Ryan Carter are coming back at some point, and with Justin Fontaine, Jordan Schroeder and Nino Niederreiter all stepping up on three different lines at least as of now, maybe Fletcher just looks for a depth kind of winger.

I was told by a GM a couple mornings ago that the prices right now for even the most mediocre of rentals is a bit ridiculous right now. So maybe the prices come down by Monday.

Russo

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
The wild will stop scoring three goals a game when they take out Schroeder and Fontaine. People will complain that the wild can't score.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
I'm fine with paying for a bottom pairing d-man, but I'm just praying that we don't do anything like the Moulson trade from last year. Obviously hindsight is 20/20, but it seemed like a steep price at the time and I don't think anyone can say that we got our money's worth.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad