Boston Bruins Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Storm

Mar 15, 2022
Solid game tonight from Lysell. Had several shifts where he was a puck hound and went right after it - winning battles, drawing penalties, using teammates, making plays. Took a couple of hard hits but I did see him peel away from some contact - which I'm not upset at seeing from a player like him. I'd rather see someone as slight as him avoid contact when he can as long as he's making the play. He'll figure out what he can and can't get away with once he's off the rookie starting blocks.
I think the Bruins will need this kid in the lineup. He gives you the speed that departed with Jake DeBrusk. Nobody is catching this kid from behind. He needs to be protected.

I think you have to put some size on Lysell's line. Put Max Jones on his line or Kastelic. You gotta protect Pasta as well. No more BS from guys like Tom Wilson. I am so sick of his S**t. He goes after smaller guys. He went after Lysell in an exhibition game for christ sakes. This is why the Bruins got bigger. Cannot wait to see Zad!

Last edited:

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Poitras and Lysell not in the opening night top 9 would be malfeasance.

Poitras, yes. Lysell needs to show he can play like that for more than 1 pre-season game. If he finishes out camp like he did last night, then I'd agree with your statement. If he just coast through the rest of camp then he's going back to the AHL

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Got it!

Lysell certainly looked solid in every way last night.
The problem with his first game the puck didn’t find him and when it did it was like it was bouncy - but that is on him

His skating is A or A-
His size is an acceptable level - low end of medium
Shot is very good
Hockey instincts really good

They need two top 6 young players because Marchand getting along and Coyle is a 2/3

Poitras looks like he’s going to be one sooner rather then later (he’s definitely got some Savard in him)

They need Lysell to stick this

It doesn’t matter if Buffalo, Detroit, Ottawa, and Detroit have 2.3 Million prospects - you can only have 6 top six forwards

Those teams don’t have Bruins D or with Sway the G

So they will not catch Bruins anytime soon

Kuntar & Duran are intriguing and exciting but they are no where near top 6 at this point

A for effort but results are skill driven here

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Funny that if both Lysell and Brazeau look good, Bruins suddenly have too many right wingers.

Lysell
Brazeau
Pasta
Geekie
Kastelic
Johnson
Brown

Brown and Kastelic are both 4th liners who can also play center. Geekie and Johnson can play center also. Thinking Lysell and Johnson really need to impress to stick around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad