Trade deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Yeah, Isaac Howard, Dylan Duke, Niko Huutanen are prospects I could be interested in, but they have nobody I’d take straight up for Jeannot. And no 1st. They can be as interested as they want but other teams have way more pick and prospect currency than Tampa does.

How about from the Rangers?

wmupreds

Dec 15, 2022
Unless he repeated ... or just regressed to the norm. He fell to shooting below 6% this season. So, from your "pure asset management" concept we should deal Novak tonight?
Regressing to the norm would still imply only 12 goals give or take.

Novak has more to his game. He can make others around him better and although he's not exactly a two way dynamo he's better in his own end and transition than Jeannot.

Look I think hardly anyone should be untouchable but there's more reason to think Novak's production is repeatable than Jeannot had.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.

Novak has more to his game. He can make others around him better and although he's not exactly a two way dynamo he's better in his own end and transition than Jeannot.

Look I think hardly anyone should be untouchable but there's more reason to think Novak's production is repeatable than Jeannot had.
If dealing Jeannot after his far above the norm performance is the right move then why does that not hold true across the board? 12 goals for a player not getting significant PP time is top 6 ES performance. So either pure asset management is to deal a player in a Jeannot last season, Novak this season ... or it isn't for either.

Reactions: PredsV82

wmupreds

Dec 15, 2022
If dealing Jeannot after his far above the norm performance is the right move then why does that not hold true across the board? 12 goals for a player not getting significant PP time is top 6 ES performance. So either pure asset management is to deal a player in a Jeannot last season, Novak this season ... or it isn't for either.
If someone wants to overpay for Novak then they should trade him too. The hype around Jeannot and the fact that teams tend to overpay for his archetype made him a more valuable player on the market in my estimation.

Obviously that's speculation. But yes, in general I think players who break out at later ages especially with hints of unsustainability are good trade candidates. I mean there were a ton of people who thought Jeannot would keep progressing and we still see some of that re: Novak too. The guys are 25. They aren't kids.

I'll add that this is all academic anyway. It's not like anyone actually considered dealing Jeannot last year.

Reactions: Preds Partisan

CRay

Feb 9, 2021

That is true but where is Novak when someone takes liberties with Josi? He has shown what he is capable of last year, can he sustain or improve? Maybe not, but you dont trade him for a 3rd or 4th because of this seasons lack of production, the whole team is in a funk. The only way I unload Jeannot is for a great haul or him indicating he wants out.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017

What? No. If the team gets that...

It’s a good ask. I like reading about TB and Toronto shaking in their boots about the other team getting him.

But a lot of teams have already traded 1sts. Getting a pick out in 2025 or something wouldn’t feel like much fun.

Carolina, Rangers, Edmonton still have more stuff they could offer. I just can’t see TB beating out other offers if there was any kind of bidding war with these teams. :dunno:

Toronto has kept Knies back so far but TB can’t match him if the Leafs put that card on the table.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
And while writing that… eh, it’s quantity. We might get a player out of all those picks one day. Or maybe not. I don’t think Foote is going to be one, he’s like Lauzon, but not as good. :eek3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad