Trade deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
The 2023 draft (in Nashville) will be David Poile's last. (and you f***ers better better have a 'Thank you, Dave' chant)

I could see them trading for a ton of 2024's for new GM Trotz

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I have a weird hunch that Cal Foote might be the return if Jeannot does get traded to Tampa

One of the few that makes sense from an age perspective. I don't know much about Foote other than he's probably beyond the point of should've broken out and probably falling into the underachieving area. It's like Tampa's version of Fabbro maybe?

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
We all are hoping to get paid based on Jeannots 24 goal season, but with his numbers this year we are gonna get a return more consistent with a 4th liner with grit. A second would honestly be an good return.

I think the reason he is being traded is because despite this years garbage numbers his agent has probably signaled that hes looking for a big number this summer. Better to trade him now than get a bad arbitration hearing and a possible bad contract.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
We all are hoping to get paid based on Jeannots 24 goal season, but with his numbers this year we are gonna get a return more consistent with a 4th liner with grit. A second would honestly be an good return.

I think the reason he is being traded is because despite this years garbage numbers his agent has probably signaled that hes looking for a big number this summer. Better to trade him now than get a bad arbitration hearing and a possible bad contract.

Nino got a 2nd. Jeannot gets a 3rd or 4th best case.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Probably cal foote or similar so we can then trade fabbro and have a replacement rhd
It better not be Foote. A few years ago there was ample hope he’d become a good strapping D… but has really plateaued hard and can’t get in the lineup consistently. And remember, that’s with a team that wanted Myers from us because their bottom pair was so empty.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
It better not be Foote. A few years ago there was ample hope he’d become a good strapping D… but has really plateaued hard and can’t get in the lineup consistently. And remember, that’s with a team that wanted Myers from us because their bottom pair was so empty.
There is just something nagging me that we are going to be very disappointed in this trade.

wmupreds

Dec 15, 2022
Nino got a 2nd. Jeannot gets a 3rd or 4th best case.
Jeannot is a lot cheaper and supposedly getting a whole bunch of interest (i.e. bidding war). Not really disagreeing on what his value "should" be but wouldn't be surprised if it's higher than 3rd or 4th.

Reactions: PredsV82

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
There is just something nagging me that we are going to be very disappointed in this trade.
Guaranteed, but that's because we still have hope he will be a 20 goal scorer again. I have doubts after watching him this season.

Jeannot is a lot cheaper and supposedly getting a whole bunch of interest (i.e. bidding war). Not really disagreeing on what his value "should" be but wouldn't be surprised if it's higher than 3rd or 4th.
Bidding wars are cool. And the fact that he was announced held out hours ago and nothing announced probably means that the offers are being bandied about.

predhead1

Aug 7, 2003
If a 3rd or 4th is the return for Jeannot, then why make the trade? I think this would be another example of extremely bad asset management. If they are that concerned about a bad arbitration result, just offer a 1=year term when he elects and then he's in a "prove it" year.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

wmupreds

Dec 15, 2022
Proper pure asset management would've been trading him after he put up 24 goals as an undrafted 24yo with a sky high S%. Would've caused a mutiny though

Reactions: Preds Partisan

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Hard to look at their roster, future picks, and prospect pool and see much that makes sense to get excited about.
Yeah, Isaac Howard, Dylan Duke, Niko Huutanen are prospects I could be interested in, but they have nobody I’d take straight up for Jeannot. And no 1st. They can be as interested as they want but other teams have way more pick and prospect currency than Tampa does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad