Trade deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
1677471024138.png

So far...

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I really want an extra 23 1st this year. Captain obvious, I know, but that would really get things moving for us. Also, any chance one of these futures becomes a payment to take one of these bad contracts?

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
I really want an extra 23 1st this year. Captain obvious, I know, but that would really get things moving for us. Also, any chance one of these futures becomes a payment to take one of these bad contracts?
Not sure a rebuilding team really needs to pay futures to get somebody to take a bad contract? It kind of works the opposite direction usually? :dunno:

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY

24 year old LW AHL guy

6'6" 225lbs Kondelik bash brother?

predwings

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville TN
Presumably the ravagement is just temporary, though, and they'll be jacked up to full strength again for their playoff run.
Yea, this, pretty sure we can send em down for the playoffs since we're likely golfing at this point. Interested to see if any other dominoes fall. I know there's been speculation on Ekholm for over a year now, maybe it's time to see that one get over the finish line too? Especially with how much everything is costing right now.

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
I wonder if Trotz/Poile are still going the retool way considering were likely not moving Forsberg/Josi/Saros and still having Duchene/Johansen. If so, theyre killing it right now. And if they move on from anyone else I could see even more picks coming our way and could set us up good heading foward.

Scoresberg

Perpetual Mediocrity
May 28, 2015
Earth
Something tells me that they are going to do something, like trade for player or move up in the draft with the plethora of picks we now have.

For example, they could leverage the Fabbro trade as such:

Fabbro + 2024 2nd + 2023 3rd for 2023 late-1st.

After all, we need that high-end talent, badly. We've got the depth already especially at forward.

Last edited:

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I wonder if Trotz/Poile are still going the retool way considering were likely not moving Forsberg/Josi/Saros and still having Duchene/Johansen. If so, theyre killing it right now. And if they move on from anyone else I could see even more picks coming our way and could set us up good heading foward.
In one of the Tennessean articles Poile said we called it a " rebuild " but he preferred to call it a " reset ". This ain't no simple retool.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Maybe we will become a dumping ground for unwanted expiring contracts at the end to replenish some of our forward group and nab a few more picks.

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Yea, this, pretty sure we can send em down for the playoffs since we're likely golfing at this point. Interested to see if any other dominoes fall. I know there's been speculation on Ekholm for over a year now, maybe it's time to see that one get over the finish line too? Especially with how much everything is costing right now.
Ekholm and his cap hit seem more like a deal than happens this summer. But I could be wrong.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
This may be looking too deep, but I wonder if the aquisition of Foote is an indication that we are shopping one of our established D (Ek)?

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
This may be looking too deep, but I wonder if the aquisition of Foote is an indication that we are shopping one of our established D (Ek)?
I don't think there's any doubt now that we are.

Just, it's going to be tough to find the right fit for Ekholm (or McDonagh) if we are sticking with the budget policy against retention. What I'm more worried about is selling low on Fabbro before we get the new coach in. Because the much taller Foote will be VERY easy for Hynes to slot in on RD ahead of Fabbro... :(

predwings

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville TN
Ekholm and his cap hit seem more like a deal than happens this summer. But I could be wrong.
I mean, for other teams financially it makes sense but if we retained 25% or something and if the market is purely a sellers market right now, we might be able to get a dragon's hoard of picks/prospects.

That being said, Fabbro makes a lot of sense for a team who needs a decent D man to slide in and help during the playoffs who is more cost controlled.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
It will be interesting to see if teams start to get into an arms race, especially in the East. If TBL was willing to leverage that kind of capital for Jeannot who knows what a competitor might do to counter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad