Trade deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022
You've been told repeatedly when the Preds tend to announce things. I honestly hope nobody posts lines here until after puck drop in response to your continual asking.
But sometimes relatives or friends or like their friends know sooner. I have seen it happen at hfboards multiple times. Especially our leafs boards. Somebody often knows before. It makes it so exciting and then we invest even MORE. And make even more money.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Apparently Poile is basically gone now so where will the rage be directed!? Hynes is probably right behind him absorbing the impact of the door.

My vote is for the next obvious choice: Gnash.
Haha, I should say... if Trotz (the 3rd winningest coach in the history of the NHL, Stanley Cup Champion, 2 times Jack Adams award winner) keeps Hynes on as coach... welllllll... my RAGE will definitely find a target... :biglaugh:

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022
1967 ... the last time the laughs or their fans were relevant.
But money is relevant and we are the richest and most powerful. But lets see if forsberg plays and we can make even MORE. Forsberg would make this tonight much much solider. The glue he brings makes that pp even more tight. Yall is gon able to bomb that team off and giveth that playoff birth.

Reactions: Dadof5boys

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Back on topic for this thread since Trotz, Poile, or if Forsberg plays have NOTHING to do with the trade deadline ... we have five days to see who, if anyone, else gets moved and just as importantly what comes back in return. A 2nd round pick next season in return for a consistent 20+ goal scorer who is on pace to top 20 again this season isn't a huge return. What it does do is clear cap and real salary for this season and next ... and this team has done a lot of paper moves to save a few thousand here, another few thousand there (Tomasino sent down and recalled twice in the last 13 days ... Novak on paper moves several times as well) ...

If the rumors about Fabbro come true, that creates a potential need to find a 6th defender for next season (depending on the return) ... assuming Gravel stays with the Preds for the remainder of 22-23. The defender pipeline is a bit thin right now. If Ekholm is moved the need for a roster or near ready blueline prospect as part of the return are heightened.

But money is relevant and we are the richest and most powerful. But lets see if forsberg plays and we can make even MORE. Forsberg would make this tonight much much solider. The glue he brings makes that pp even more tight. Yall is gon able to bomb that team off and giveth that playoff birth.
Nothing you're saying is on topic for this thread.

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022
Back on topic for this thread since Trotz, Poile, or if Forsberg plays have NOTHING to do with the trade deadline ... we have five days to see who, if anyone, else gets moved and just as importantly what comes back in return. A 2nd round pick next season in return for a consistent 20+ goal scorer who is on pace to top 20 again this season isn't a huge return. What it does do is clear cap and real salary for this season and next ... and this team has done a lot of paper moves to save a few thousand here, another few thousand there (Tomasino sent down and recalled twice in the last 13 days ... Novak on paper moves several times as well) ...

If the rumors about Fabbro come true, that creates a potential need to find a 6th defender for next season (depending on the return) ... assuming Gravel stays with the Preds for the remainder of 22-23. The defender pipeline is a bit thin right now. If Ekholm is moved the need for a roster or near ready blueline prospect as part of the return are heightened.

Nothing you're saying is on topic for this thread.
Couldnt find a gdt sire. Didnt want to make one cause nashville predators fans know better their own games.
I believe trotz will instantly make a better team again. He is that fine of a hockey person. Coaching staff this season has made mistakes too. Like tolvanen snitched after the trade, nobody knew their roles in predators team he said

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
We have also invested in other ways here sire. It'll be an intersting night for surely. Also because yall have so much info of your own team and sometimes even family members or friends and relatives posting at some boards, knowledge has been shared.
This is the most tight lipped organization in hockey when it comes to injuries. When we say no one knows, we mean no one anywhere knows outside of the coach and GM.

Haha, I should say... if Trotz (the 3rd winningest coach in the history of the NHL, Stanley Cup Champion, 2 times Jack Adams award winner) keeps Hynes on as coach... welllllll... my RAGE will definitely find a target... :biglaugh:
Seriously if he keeps Hynes I'm going to be asking for both to be fired from the start :laugh:

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Who knows. We had a clue what Poile might have done, we have zero idea what Trotz will do. It's a new day.
And I’ve spent the last few days in the main trade board saying “Poile would NEVER… blahblahblah”… :biglaugh:

On the bright side maybe it opens up some more “ruthless” types of moves which we discounted previously due to assumptions made about Poile honoring promises or respecting personal relationships (Ekholm, Joey, Granlund etc) along with conversely letting bygones be bygones on any past sour relationships (Trenin, ?Fabbro?, ?Tomasino?)

predwings

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville TN
LTIR?? I mean I would love that, Joey stinks. But isn’t his timetable just 12 weeks?
They haven't released his official scenario but a doctor who does those kind of procedures said 8-9 months was the recovery timeline. So quite plausible he's not around to start the season next year.

EDIT: Context, on 102.5 they hosted a Doctor who said that. Sorry!

Reactions: PREDy 4 the Cup

predwings

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville TN
The cool thing is, a new GM and coach means we all get to push "reset" on all the biases and expectations we've piled up over the years. Where will the "rage" (it was NEVER actually rage, just us shooting the shit on a message board though) be directed? Who knows!!! We will watch what happens and something new will rise, phoenix-like, from the ashes of our old biases and expectations. That's going to be a lot of fun, I say!
:handclap:
I mean, honestly, there will still be biases and problems with certain players and their contracts. I like the Trotz to GM move, interested to see who he hires to fill the HC role but I don't hate GMDP, I just thought he should step aside and let someone else take over. Glad he's finally realizing this thing isn't working under his watch and is willing to let someone else rebuild us back up.

wmupreds

Dec 15, 2022
I know "trade related reasons" has been a hard thing to read this year but if Jeannot went thru warmups it sounds actually imminent.

Obviously will reserve judgment till we see the return but if the rumors about high demand are true I would way rather capitalize on the value and trade him than sign him long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad