Trade deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
Kravtsov hasn't shown anything that would make me consider even a 1 for 1 swap for Jeannot, let alone adding Fabbro on top of it (and a mid-late 1st is a nothingburger if we're trying to be a playoff team).

Also, weren't you touting Jeannot as a 30-40 goal guy just at the beginning of this season? :huh:
yea i thought so my guy but i think hes clearly washed

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Wow could Brooksie hit all the Nashville trigger points?
He didn't mention anything about Suter coming back here, so there's some wiggle room still available. :nod:

* * *​
I wound not mind an offensive defenseman coming in.
Boqvist is probably available. But I'm not sure how to work that in a manner that would be OK for both teams. The Jackets need futures and I cringe at the idea of the Preds giving up futures because I see doomsday coming and am prepping. :D

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
He didn't mention anything about Suter coming back here, so there's some wiggle room still available. :nod:

* * *​

Boqvist is probably available. But I'm not sure how to work that in a manner that would be OK for both teams. The Jackets need futures and I cringe at the idea of the Preds giving up futures because I see doomsday coming and am prepping. :D
How is boqvist on the actual defensive side of things? Im ok on moving some futures depending on what the corresponding move would be from us (im assuming wed move one of carrier or fabbro if we got boqvist).

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
How is boqvist on the actual defensive side of things? Im ok on moving some futures depending on what the corresponding move would be from us (im assuming wed move one of carrier or fabbro if we got boqvist).
Boqvist on actual defense is a topic that would invite a lot of witty hot takes. He's got some work to do.

moses malone 12

Oct 19, 2020
yea i thought so my guy but i think hes clearly washed
Canes fan here. I like Jeannot's game but not sure what his ceiling is. Thinking about a Duchene and Jeannot trade to Carolina for Jesperi Kotkaniemi, 1st rounder and prospect. No salary retention from Nashville assuming Carolina can fit new contracts under cap. I think they can. Optically, this will look like Preds are giving up on this season so likely a tough trade to pull off except on deadline day.

Canes need a 2C and assuming Duchene can still play, he is a good fit until Necas transitions to center full time. Essentially they swap positions likely next year. Jeannot's size and game helps our smaller wingers.

Reactions: triggrman

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Canes fan here. I like Jeannot's game but not sure what his ceiling is. Thinking about a Duchene and Jeannot trade to Carolina for Jesperi Kotkaniemi, 1st rounder and prospect. No salary retention from Nashville assuming Carolina can fit new contracts under cap. I think they can. Optically, this will look like Preds are giving up on this season so likely a tough trade to pull off except on deadline day.

Canes need a 2C and assuming Duchene can still play, he is a good fit until Necas transitions to center full time. Essentially they swap positions likely next year. Jeannot's size and game helps our smaller wingers.
Couple of problems here:

1) Preds won't be out of the playoffs on Deadline Day, so won't be trading core players for futures.

2) Duchene isn't a center, he can't play center, you don't want him to play center. Even temporarily. If you want somebody to play center, it should be Johansen, or if you plan to move them to wing later, then Granlund is still a better choice than Duchene. Although per 1) above, none of them is likely available, sooooo... :dunno:

Reactions: Adz and hockey diva

moses malone 12

Oct 19, 2020
Couple of problems here:

1) Preds won't be out of the playoffs on Deadline Day, so won't be trading core players for futures.

2) Duchene isn't a center, he can't play center, you don't want him to play center. Even temporarily. If you want somebody to play center, it should be Johansen, or if you plan to move them to wing later, then Granlund is still a better choice than Duchene. Although per 1) above, none of them is likely available, sooooo... :dunno:
thanks. appreciate the insight.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Couple of problems here:

I wouldn't say they won't be out of it. If they come back from this break like they have some in the past they may be out of it pretty quick.

Reactions: LCPreds

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
What do you think the value of Nino might be at the TDL?
I dunno, would be like a 2nd round pick most years?

But this year, the market might be really tight for players with term left, due to the forthcoming Cap crunch. That said, Carolina is one team that has ample room for taking on term. I don't think they were necessarily at any odds with Nino? Maybe you could get that 2nd from them, still? Just if there aren't other teams willing to take term, it wouldn't create much of a bidding war.

All that said, I still don't see Poile selling, and I don't see Nino being available. Even before FF9 got hurt, certainly not now?

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
I dunno, would be like a 2nd round pick most years?

But this year, the market might be really tight for players with term left, due to the forthcoming Cap crunch. That said, Carolina is one team that has ample room for taking on term. I don't think they were necessarily at any odds with Nino? Maybe you could get that 2nd from them, still? Just if there aren't other teams willing to take term, it wouldn't create much of a bidding war.

All that said, I still don't see Poile selling, and I don't see Nino being available. Even before FF9 got hurt, certainly not now?
Nino not being a rental is sort of a double edged sword here. Some teams would like that hes not a rental and know what he will cost next year others dont have the cap next season and only want rentals. I dont think Nino will be traded unless he is wanting it.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
FF9 being hurt is precisely why I’m asking. No idea of the severity yet but not sure a bubble team can really afford that kind of loss even if it’s just for a couple of weeks.

Finding news is interesting right now too because apparently Anton Forsberg also got hurt.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Nino is on a 22 goal pace ... one of three Preds on pace for 20+ goals. As long as the team is in contention he's highly unlikely to get traded.
He had a very long streak of not scoring unfortunately. Hopefully that's over and he can become a bit more consistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad