Trade deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
Wasn't Matthew Lombardi listed as day-to-day after playing a game and a half with the Preds?
Yes, and while he was DtD for months we also found out no one in the organization had seen him for the longest time because he refused to come back to Nashville for evaluation. Then he got traded the next year.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

predwings

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville TN
I'll respond with what I said a while back about the TDL. I've got two options, we sell our pieces for more young players or draft picks or we do nothing at all. I am tired of the veteran pieces for our young players trades. We don't have a need for veterans with bloated contracts we have enough 3rd/4th line depth players we don't need another at this point. We ride it out with what we have, I'm happy to see what happens. I don't think we'll make it in this year either way and I'd hate to sell even part of the farm for some rental or bloated contract veteran that couldn't cut it with their current team.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
I'm pretty sure at one point Boro was listed as day to day as well and he may never play again.
Yeh that was my recollection as well. Im pretty sure they dont want to send a Shockwave through the fandome when we are just outside the playoffs and fighting for a spot. Could negatively impact sales if it appeared we needed to pack it in for the season. Or due to head injuries being so unique to each individual and situation they just dont have any real clue.

I think boro gad a long history of head injuries, does anyone recall forsbergs?

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Yeh that was my recollection as well. Im pretty sure they dont want to send a Shockwave through the fandome when we are just outside the playoffs and fighting for a spot. Could negatively impact sales if it appeared we needed to pack it in for the season. Or due to head injuries being so unique to each individual and situation they just dont have any real clue.

I think boro gad a long history of head injuries, does anyone recall forsbergs?
It also keeps them from having to call up Tomasino. If he's just day to day, they won't spend the money to call up a player, they'll just play Jankowski in that spot.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
It also keeps them from having to call up Tomasino. If he's just day to day, they won't spend the money to call up a player, they'll just play Jankowski in that spot.
Yeh thats kindof my worry. Slide sissons up to top 6, put novak back in and let Jankowski fill the gaps, maybe recall mccarron or someone to ride the pressbox.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
So if McDonagh waived his no trade clause, did Poile give him another?
The NTC travels with the player. It isn't permanently waived into non-existence. Although it can be, if both sides agree to that. However, I doubt it's likely that McDonagh would have agreed to that... why would he give up his control. Probably it is still listed with him due to it still being in place. Probably he made it a condition of waiving it once to allow the trade to us that the Preds would agree to continue to honor it after, since he has the right to make that a condition. :dunno:

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
The NTC travels with the player. It isn't permanently waived into non-existence. Although it can be, if both sides agree to that. However, I doubt it's likely that McDonagh would have agreed to that... why would he give up his control. Probably it is still listed with him due to it still being in place. Probably he made it a condition of waiving it once to allow the trade to us that the Preds would agree to continue to honor it after, since he has the right to make that a condition. :dunno:
Can you show me where it says that? I thought there was a big discussion on this with the Weber/Subban trade.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
If I remember correctly Subban was a weird exception because we acquired him prior to his NMC kicking in with Montreal which allowed us not to honor it.

I believe Fleury would be an example of a NTC transferring because he had to waive it to go from Vegas to Chicago and again from Chicago to Minnesota.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
If I remember correctly Subban was a weird exception because we acquired him prior to his NMC kicking in with Montreal which allowed us not to honor it.

I believe Fleury would be an example of a NTC transferring because he had to waive it to go from Vegas to Chicago and again from Chicago to Minnesota.
Yeah, pretty certain this is the case. I'm just not sure whether it is if they are acquired before the NMC/NTC is active or if they are acquired before the contract with the NMC/NTC is active that the new team is able to not honor it. With McDonagh it is a full NTC and was already in effect, so we're stuck with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad