Trade deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
If I remember correctly Subban was a weird exception because we acquired him prior to his NMC kicking in with Montreal which allowed us not to honor it.

I believe Fleury would be an example of a NTC transferring because he had to waive it to go from Vegas to Chicago and again from Chicago to Minnesota.
This is it exactly. Subban's was about to kick in but hadn't started yet and under the rules of the CBA the team gaining the player can decide whether or not to keep the NTC. Once it's active it stays active.

Reactions: triggrman

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
If I remember correctly Subban was a weird exception because we acquired him prior to his NMC kicking in with Montreal which allowed us not to honor it.

I believe Fleury would be an example of a NTC transferring because he had to waive it to go from Vegas to Chicago and again from Chicago to Minnesota.
Plus they added a change in the latest MOU to handle those cases like Subban too.

But to me if somebody doesn’t want to believe CapFriendly these days then they just don’t want to know. Those guys know this stuff cold. Go read under the CBA section there, it is all very clearly spelled out.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
FWIW

Poile says: "I do not think we are a buyer" and "if things don't change more favorably, we certainly could be a seller"

Reactions: PredsV82

wmupreds

Dec 15, 2022
Don't think we have a whole lot to sell, unfortunately. If it were me I would try to "sell high" on Jeannot, if that's possible at this point. But that's not a huge move and doesn't solve the issues with the core.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
Don't think we have a whole lot to sell, unfortunately. If it were me I would try to "sell high" on Jeannot, if that's possible at this point. But that's not a huge move and doesn't solve the issues with the core.
Ekholm fabbro nino granlund jeannot sissons trenin lankinen could all be sold. Saros and a retained Duchene and Johansen could be as well. We have a lot of pieces that could be sold. While Poile will never sell that many pieces some of these guys could very well be on another team come deadline.

Reactions: FSL KINGS

wmupreds

Dec 15, 2022
Ekholm fabbro nino granlund jeannot sissons trenin lankinen could all be sold. Saros and a retained Duchene and Johansen could be as well. We have a lot of pieces that could be sold. While Poile will never sell that many pieces some of these guys could very well be on another team come deadline.
You may be right on some of these.

Ekholm- I'd be surprised this soon after extension but Poile has surprised me before. Also not sure how many teams will want that cap hit with term even though I think it's a reasonable salary.

Fabbro- maybe! I don't think a solid 24yo defenseman who probably will be on a decent AAV really should be dealt unless we are thinking full rebuild, which I doubt, but then Fabbro's usage hasn't exactly matched his play compared to some other Preds dmen IMO.

Nino- actually a good candidate and probably has value. Poile willing to deal him at the first deadline after signing? I wouldn't hate it

Granlund, Sissons and Trenin are all sort of possibilities.. Skeptical anyone will really want Granny (they probably shouldn't TBH), the others would probably not garner much return.

Jeannot I have no idea. Wouldn't be surprised if some team out there rates him highly based on style of play/last year. If so and they're giving up good assets I'd jump on it. May not be a popular opinion but I don't expect great things from him going forward. Despite his physicality he's not very good defensively and I highly doubt he hits a sh% again that puts him near the 24 goals he hit last year.

I guess maybe it's more accurate to say "not a lot to sell that will get much return", but then, cap space is an asset itself I suppose

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
Out:
Ekholm
Mcdonough(could we get him to waive to Rangers or another blue chip squad?)
Jeannot or Trenin
Sissons
Johansen (max retained)
granlund
nino

I think Ekholm and Mcdonough could get us firsts

Nino and Granlund a 2nd and B prospect??

Sissons??

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
I doubt Poile will gut the team. But I could see Trenin (who always seems to be rough to re-sign) and Fabbro moved in a hockey trade. Maybe Granlund or Nino too depending on how Poile views them.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Out:
Ekholm
Mcdonough(could we get him to waive to Rangers or another blue chip squad?)
Jeannot or Trenin
Sissons
Johansen (max retained)
granlund
nino

I think Ekholm and Mcdonough could get us firsts

Nino and Granlund a 2nd and B prospect??

Sissons??
That would be impressive if McDonagh went from returning Myers and Mismash to returning a first after having a mediocre season.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
No one is giving anything for McDonagh without heavy retention and that's assuming he would be willing to go to begin with as he has the control over that. Duchene and Joey are in the same boat minus the NMC.

Most of this stuff is just a pipe dream anyways. Poile is never going to heavily retain on a player for that amount of term so it's not even really logial to think about anyways.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Don't be absurd.
1676429137724.png

wmupreds

Dec 15, 2022
Don't bother. The trade market for goaltenders is always garbage. There's no way we'd ever get anything even approximating a package that would make it worthwhile to lose him.
Probably true. It's kind of dumb since he's one of a handful of goalies that's proven to consistently be upper echelon, but you're right about the market. I don't actually hate the idea of trading him if we could get value, it's a risk since it's basically putting all the eggs in the Askarov basket, but sometimes you have to take some gambles to win big. He should have a good amount of value at $5M cap hit but teams shy away from paying up for goalies, somewhat understandably.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
Giving up on Fabbro would feel like another Fiala, Tolvanen, Tomasino sort of kick in the nuts. For a brain trust that announced they were going to reload and go with a youth movement less than 18 months ago to keep jettisoning 1st round picks like they are a dime a dozen is ... odd. It looks a lot like malpractice. Like someone else said: why even bother drafting in the 1st round if you think your gravy train is overaged undrafted free agents?

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
If a team came to me and asked for Saros, I'd say "No!", think about it and say, "4 1sts to start the conversation."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad