Trade deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Naw, it’s a valid one. Just there is a certain unavoidable gray zone between what’s realistic and what’s armchair fantasy at this point, nobody truly knows what Poile will do.

and I did the action profile of Poile, LOL! He builds from goalie out. Goalie first, defenseman second, forwards third. I agree with most everyone defenseman upgrade. I would not be surprised by a Fabbro+ trade for a better offensive defenseman.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Something of enough value to justify trading our only veteran top 6-capable center.
Some retention won't happen.
Max retention won't happen.

Poile has never retained on a contract and I doubt he would on anything outside an expiring (if even then).
Technically he did on the Dubnyk trade but we are talking next to nothing when he did and as far as I can remember it's the only one he has.

He took less of a return on the Subban trade just to keep from retaining anything.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Retaining 3M on Joey bringing his caphit to 5M would bring good value. Will it happen? No, Poile dont play that way. Should it happen? Debatable - hes our only vet center but then again could swing Granlund back to C and open a spot for Evangalista or Tomasino.

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Retaining 3M on Joey bringing his caphit to 5M would bring good value. Will it happen? No, Poile dont play that way. Should it happen? Debatable - hes our only vet center but then again could swing Granlund back to C and open a spot for Evangalista or Tomasino.
At the risk of being a broken record, this is the kind of move that can/should happen in the offseason, or if we slide convincingly out of playoff contention befor the deadline. No way we trade Joey if we are still in the hunt

Last edited:

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Rather just move Granlund and get the 4 million cap space from him. This seems much more likely since there's no retention but we'll have to see if he continues to perform at "after come to Jesus meeting" levels or regresses back to what we saw pre meeting.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Rather just move Granlund and get the 4 million cap space from him. This seems much more likely since there's no retention but we'll have to see if he continues to perform at "after come to Jesus meeting" levels or regresses back to what we saw pre meeting.
I agree and Joeys contract is shorter so moving granlund then riding out joeys contract to completion would open up more in a shorter amount of time

Reactions: nine_inch_fang

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Also if the young centers really do pull through and prove themselves to be fully viable for next season, I wouldn't mind seeing Joey at wing. He can be a force along the walls when he gets engaged. Maybe it would even help keep him engaged having that slightly more physical role. And then you can still use his faceoff ability when required, and still allow the young centers to mature with actual playing time at center most of the time.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Good evening Preds fan. Rangers fan coming in peace.

Rangers could use a physical forward at RW. GM Chris Drury is looking to create the “team that’s tough to play against”. He has some really good pieces in place but lacks a guy that can play a heavy game. Lacks the players that will drop the mitts and do some of that heavy lifting.

Would the Preds deal Jeannot? If so, what would that price tag look like?

Rangers have a couple of interesting prospects, couple of bottom 6 players who are contributing and a pick.

Zac Jones. Offensive dman Buried on the Rangers depth chart.
Currently in the AHL 24GP 5G 11A 16Pts Small but has bite. Good at carrying the puck out of the zone. Very creative player. Plays LD. Would be a B+ Prospect. Ready for the NHL now.

Matthew Robertson. Two way defenseman with size. Currently playing in the AHL. 39 GP 3G 11A 14Pts. 6’3 210. Real good skater for a bigger guy. Two way dman. High IQ. Drew comparisons to Brady Skjei. Would be considered a B prospect. Likely ready this up and coming season.

Also can try to utilize one of Jimmy Vesey, Julien Gauthier, or Sammy Blais.

Plus
2023 2nd Round pick

Would that be enough to get Jeannot?

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
@Lion Hound Oh man, please tell me you didnt offer us Vesey....(if you dont know why this is an eyeroll, we drafted him and he shit on us and signed with..... you).

And the answer is right now Jeannot isnt available. We are still in the hunt for a playoff spot and so probably arent looking to move roster players.

Hes having a down year but if he can get back to last seasons form hes worth his weight in gold. The down year will actually help Poile be able to sign him with a tight cap next summer.

I'd say he could possibly be had in the offseason, especially if his salary demands are too high. Poile usually prefers a higher end prospect over a pick. So the Jones kid might be part of that deal.

But odds are he remains a Pred. Players like him(or him last year) are just too hard to find

Last edited:

Scoresberg

Perpetual Mediocrity
May 28, 2015
Earth
Reactions: Flgatorguy87

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Jeannot still has better numbers than Kravtsov even during his down season and plays a far better overall game. Yet Kravtsov is supposedly the better offensive player? In what world is that a reasonable trade? Although it did originate from the NY Post so what do you expect.

weeze

May 2, 2011
Illinois
It's also we are an O6 and the Preds are still considered an expansion type non-traditional team so take our scraps and you will like it type attitude.

Reactions: Viqsi

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Rangers might be interested in Jeanott.

Would this work Jeanott and Trenin for Zac Jones and Vitali Kravtsov
I don't see us trading either Jeannot or Trenin alone for those players, let alone both. As others have said, we are in a playoff hunt and not selling players for futures.

Past that, we have a lot of that type of D in our pipeline already (Del Gaizo, Ufko, Stastney, Chistyakov, Kulonummi, Wilsby)... even if we were selling, Jones would hold zero interest.

Kravtsov has an interesting pedigree, but I do not believe a John Hynes-coached team is going to be the place where a struggling youngster goes for a change of scenery and finally gets things figured out and finds his forever home. :dunno:

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
I don’t think we sell Jeannot anyways but if we do I’d only do it if we’re getting a return equal to the season he put up last season. Otherwise I don’t see the point in not just seeing if he can return to form.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
id do

Fabbro+Jeannot for kravstov+2023 1st
Kravtsov hasn't shown anything that would make me consider even a 1 for 1 swap for Jeannot, let alone adding Fabbro on top of it (and a mid-late 1st is a nothingburger if we're trying to be a playoff team).

Also, weren't you touting Jeannot as a 30-40 goal guy just at the beginning of this season? :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad