Speculation: Trade Deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
The Flyers are 27th in goals scored. We need him.
You don’t think the Flyers’ severe goal scoring problem also lends credence to the opinion of those who would be interested in trading Ghost for a high skill scoring forward?

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Frankly, the Couturier example does more to prove my point about becoming too attached to a player or idea & to therefore refuse to consider different opinions. Many had become attached to Couturier as no more than a 3C & weren’t able to consider other possibilities.

JayB

May 30, 2012
Here we go:

Sign Panarin.
Trade for Tarasenko ( Voracek).
Trade Hägg, Simmonds, Rafll, for futures or RHD (Fabbro/Liljegren) ( my wet dream would be LHD Nurse/Zadorov)

Bring up the kidds, the best two 2-way options to play with Couturier against opponents first line.

JVR-G-TK
Panarin-Patrick-Tarasenko
"Allison"- Couts - "NAK"
Laughton - "Vorobiev" - Lindblom

Provorov - Gostisphere
Sanheim - Gudas
"Morin - Myers"
MacDonald

2 years away from being 2 years away :)

I think this would be fun to see and follow, other opinions ?

Last edited:

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
You'd be opening a hole to fill another
I don’t disagree, which is why it’s a matter of preference — which hole is more important to address; which hole can be mitigated easier with nhl-ready prospects, etc.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Here we go:

Sign Panarin.
Trade Hägg, Simmonds, Rafll, for futures or RHD (Fabbro/Liljegren) ( my wet dream would be LHD Nurse/Zadorov)

Bring up the kidds, the best two 2-way options to play with Couturier against opponents first line.

JVR-G-TK
"Allison"- Couts - "NAK"

Provorov - Gostisphere
Sanheim - Gudas
"Morin - Myers"
MacDonald

Lindblom is better than Allison and NAK as far as we know today. And Frost should be on the team next year.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I wouldn't trade Ghost. He's one of the few dynamic players we have. He's also 25 which is the perfect age for players we should be looking for right now. We don't want to get younger, we need more experience.

I'd rather trade one of the younger d-men than Ghost.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I will take this on.

You can't honestly believe that getting rid of Lehtera and especially AMac has no impact on the team. Come on.

Lehtera hardly plays, AMac's ice time has been reduced and he's not nearly as bad as advertised since he returned (should not have played the first two weeks). Replacing them are minor tweaks, no more

Coaching DOES matter. And our last 3 coaches have been under average to trash on a scale. Especially when you add in special teams.

Coaching matters, but how much? I think far less than people assume, funny how bad Lavi and Q looked when their teams' talent declined. This team needs more than a coaching upgrade.

Most people want that 1 UFA winger to finish off the top 9.

Giroux Couts TK
JVR Patrick Jake
Lindblom Frost ????

I don't like JVR - Patrick - Jake

Giroux - Couts - TK
Lindblom - Patrick - Voracek/???
JVR/??? - Frost - ???
Laughton - Vorobyev/Bunnaman - NAK
Farabee is the wild card, O'Brien in two years.
Ratcliffe is making a case for himself, but might need a year in the AHL
Allison will need a year in the AHL, lost a season to the knee
Laczynski?

Then on D:

Provy Ghost
Sanheim Gudas
Morin Myers
Hagg AMAc

I don't like Ghost at RHD with Provorov, I'd like him better with a physical RHD.
I think last year's strong finish with Provorov - Ghost was a fluke, and shouldn't be considered 1st pair.
Especially b/c Gudas has only a year left unless they extend him, and is getting a lot of trade talk, a veteran RHD should be a priority.

We have so many assets that can be used to help this team that we can afford to overpay in futures for quality. So use that. Looking at the above lineup AND if we did sign a UFA...use Stone as an example...we have no spot for Allison, the 1st we get for Simmonds, Laczynski, O'Brien, etc... We can add in a goalie prospect in any deal. We can add in any D prospect not named Myers. We have that ability now.

We have three kind of future assets:
Prime: Farabee, Frost, Hart, this year's 1st rd pick
Second tier: O'Brien, Ratcliffe, Allison, Laczynski, these probably have 2nd rd value right now
Third tier: Zamula, Bunnaman, et al, these have 3rd rd or lower value

I'm not really willing to move these assets b/c right now they're either too valuable (1st tier) or undervalued - Zamula for example might be 1st rd value in two years if he fills out and continues to impress in the AHL. O'Brien is a question mark, but he could break out and have 1st rd value next year.

The assets I'd use in a trade(s) are:
Voracek/JVR b/c of both value, fit and cap room
Hagg, Laughton, Gudas if the right deal comes along, easily replaced in a year or two
This year's 1st rd pick if it's out of the top 5 or so (i.e. looking at players 3 years away)
Picks acquired with Simmonds, Raffl, etc. plus draft picks outside the 1st rd
Second tier guys only if they provide good value (i.e. only to a GM who'll pay full value for that player)
Third tier guys as deal "sweeteners."
As far as Ghost, I'd listen to offers, there's no urgency to move him unless the right deal comes along. And I'd wait until June and see how Morin looks, is he a potential star or just a bigger version of Hagg?

Remember the Sharp and J Williams trades, don't give away prospects.

Bob Clarke Fan Club

Feb 14, 2003
Visit site
Skills/smarts/speed > size

It can help but it’s the least important of the 4 S’s.

If you would have simply said that I wouldn't have replied. I simply would've clicked like. Not saying I want to trade Ghost, I'd much rather let him work through whatever is happening with him. I will say that if the right offer came along, I'd trade anyone.

Reactions: Striiker

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Frankly, the Couturier example does more to prove my point about becoming too attached to a player or idea & to therefore refuse to consider different opinions. Many had become attached to Couturier as no more than a 3C & weren’t able to consider other possibilities.

Just as you've become attached to this urge to slam Ghost and get rid of him even when your logic doesn't work.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Here we go:

Sign Panarin.

JVR-G-TK
"Allison"- Couts - "NAK"

Provorov - Gostisphere
Sanheim - Gudas
"Morin - Myers"
MacDonald

I think Tank is not really available. STL is 3 pts out with a game in hand so they are still trying to get in. They have the talent to be better than this they just need a real coach, not to trade their best fwd. Either way, you are looking at more than just jake. No way they trade him without getting a first back plus a lot of value.

May be able to get a first and Fabbro for Simmonds alone. If not I’m good with adding Hagg. I think Raffl is overkill. Likely trade him to a team like the jets for a 2-3rd pick.

I would love Panarin. I would think if he wants to come here he will have a great offer waiting. I’d also like stone if we trade some crap. Then we can hold jake for sometime until we need to sign others or maybe for the expansion draft. If it comes down to a roster spot Stone>Voracek given our needs.

Not really sure about Allison with all the injuries. Hopefully he looks good. But you at least need Frost in there.

All of this is doable. Potential upgrade with Hughes if we can get lucky. We should be a much better team next year if the UFA hold up.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
And your conclusion is it's easier to replace Ghost? How?
There are complaints about repetitiveness in this thread, so I will move on as I’ve already explained my position & why. And it’s not a trade Ghost no matter what argument.

Reactions: hatcher
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad