Speculation: Trade Deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
OK -- let's say they do trade Ghost for Nylander or Nugent-Hopkins, for example. I don't think this creates nearly the massive hole on the blue line that you seem to believe it does. As I said before, the Flyers have Myers ready to step into the NHL lineup, with Morin and Friedman right there, as well. Sure, they still need a first pairing defenseman, but I think they need that even with Ghost on the roster. As for the PP, I see no reason the #1 unit can't go with 5 forwards, or use Sanheim at the point; what's the worst thing that can happen, they drop from 29th to 31st in PP%?

I don't like banking on being able to sign Panarin, Stone, Duchene, or Skinner as a UFA in the offseason. Too much of a chance you end up with none of them. But, by the same token, they could simply focus on Erik Karlsson, Tyler Myers, and Jake Gardiner as UFAs if they want to add a defenseman in the offseason.

At least you have a plan. I don't agree with that approach but that's life. We can agree to disagree and move on.

Reactions: magnumpi

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
So, people suggested a few scenarios where they would consider trading Ghost and apparently people became offended.
I assume there was offence because it seemed to become a snarkfest and condemnations of other people's intelligence.
I don't find any of it necessary or enlightening. Maybe that makes me a heretic too, who knows, who cares, most of this is drivel.

Personally, I don't want to trade Ghost.
I want to see the promised defensive group finally play together
Provorov/ Ghost / Sanheim/Myers/Morin/Hagg
If this group doesn't at least play the final 10 games together then I consider it to be wasteful.

Now, under the right circumstance I would trade Ghost. Does that mean I think he sucks? no Does that mean I want to trade him? Does that mean I think they'd be better off keeping him? yes But who knows what the future holds.
The player you don't want to trade today often becomes expendable in a season or two.
I can't predict the future. I know some other can but I don't possess that gift.

I really don't understand why certain people can't discuss things in a civil manner when someone suggests something that goes against their paradigm.
I'm still waiting for you to show me that post where people are mad at Fletcher for trading Ghost...

You weren't lying, were you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad