Speculation: Trade Deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I'll just let Striker carry on here because I know he will. Everything he says I would also say except maybe in a slightly less crazy way.
WHO ARE YOU CALLING CRAZY??!?!

giphy.gif

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Id love to acquire fabbro for simmonds, id even add a little to make it happen, nothing crazy though
I’d definitely sweeten it if there were a chance to make it happen. Seems like a long shot, but Simmonds would be a perfect fit for Nashville.

Reactions: kelmitchell

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Ghost is a mobile D just hitting his prime who is still good for mobility and 40 points when he has a "bad year." He is also a bargain on his current contract even on a "bad year." The idea of trading him and subtracting to the defense for a forward is beyond stupid. I can at least buy the argument of trading him for a different type of defenseman but for a forward? Crack is wack yo.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Honestly I'd trade Provorov, Patrick, Lindblom, Myers and Konecny before Ghost and it's a pretty easy decision.

Provorov can't run the PP. Sanheim probably can but it's doubtful he'd be as good at it as Ghost, and I'm Sanheim's biggest fan on this board. The Flyers don't even think Myers is going to be a scorer. I love Provorov too, but, if anything, he's shown a lot more warts than Ghost.

Putting Farabee above Ghost is madness.

It's like everyone projects limitless ability and growth for players they haven't seen for 4 years.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Honestly I'd trade Provorov, Patrick, Lindblom and Konecny before Ghost and it's a pretty easy decision.

Putting Farabee above Ghost is madness.
Ok, now you are going too far in the other direction. Provorov is younger and has way more upside.

I'd keep Patrick over Ghost but there is an argument there to be made.

Agreed on the rest, including the Farabee thing which is utterly ridiculous.

flyers0909

Nothing Matters
Jul 10, 2007
What is our D without Ghost? Who runs the PP? Definitely feel like forwards, especially with what's in the pipeline, is way more set than our D.

Reactions: Striiker

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Ghost is a mobile D just hitting his prime who is still good for mobility and 40 points when he has a "bad year." He is also a bargain on his current contract even on a "bad year." The idea of trading him and subtracting to the defense for a forward is beyond stupid. I can at least buy the argument of trading him for a different type of defenseman but for a forward? Crack is wack yo.

This is where I stand. It's nuts. How many forward prospects are we waiting on to boot? Why do it?

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
What is our D without Ghost? Who runs the PP? Definitely feel like forwards, especially with what's in the pipeline, is way more set than our D.
Exactly...

We have way more prospects with top 6 forward potential than top 4 D and NONE of our D prospects project to score anywhere near what Ghost has already proven to be capable of.

Our future D top 4 should be some combination of Provorov, Ghost, Sanheim, Myers. No reason to f*** with it. After that we'll be lucky if the other D prospects even end up in the NHL.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Anyone who follows hockey and isn't a troll knows that getting good D is harder to come by than forwards, especially wingers. Hell, Panarin and Stone are likely to hit the open market this summer. Karlsson is the only elite D who will and that is very rare. There are good to great wingers every year to hit the market on July 1st.

Not only that, the Flyers current group of forwards and prospect group is in much better shape than the defense. Trading Ghost for a comparable valued winger is such an insanely stupid idea that it has be trolling.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
It literally makes no sense. If someone said they wanted to trade Ghost for Trouba because he is bigger and more physical ok I get that argument. For a winger though, trolling, no other possible explanation.

Yeah, we don't have a Ghost replacement. Our current D prospects are replacing the current dregs. We don't have anything like Ghost in the pipeline.

There aren't really many Ghosts in anybody's pipeline. He's a rare player and we have him for absurdly cheap. There's no need to fill one hole by digging another, especially when we've got a few loads of dirt being delivered anyhow.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Cool, so let's make them both worse for a winger.
I’d prefer a center, but would take a dynamic scoring wing.
How could the PP get worse than it’s been this year with Ghost?
The D isn’t going to get worse defensively by trading Ghost; he’s a turnover machine who has been demoted from the #2 role, & his offense some seasons, like this season, isn’t always enough to compensate.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Ghost this year went from a coach who wouldn't play him at 3v3 even though he's been one of the best 3v3 defensemen in the league to a coach who's playing 5 forwards on the PP.

If he gets traded I hope he goes to Vegas where he'll put up 70 points a year.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
I just don't see how you can think this is his norm going forward. Down years happen.
I don’t know how you can be so sure what you’re going to get out of Ghost in the future & his turnovers infuriate me. I’m not saying give him away; I’m saying he has some of the best trade value on the team & I’d prefer to leverage that to fill their need for more gamebreaking skill at forward.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
I’d prefer a center, but would take a dynamic scoring wing.
How could the PP get worse than it’s been this year with Ghost?
The D isn’t going to get worse defensively by trading Ghost; he’s a turnover machine who has been demoted from the #2 role, & his offense some seasons, like this season, isn’t always enough to compensate.
triple+facepalm.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad