Speculation: Trade Deadline

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2010
PA
Carter only scores in blowouts.

We'll be lucky if Giroux turns into Scott Gomez

Mike Testuide or however you spell his last name was going to be a 2nd line winger

Petr Placek was a diamond in the rough

Never forget waiving Andreas Nodl to "determine his trade value"

There was something about Kevin Marshall but I forget what it was

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Ghost and TK both made it clear. Hakstol admitted he sucked at it. But why believe his own words?

Eyewitness stories were laughable. I heard plenty. They tended to be 15th hand. He went to a city with a far bigger party scene and his play improved overall. Because he improved as a player.

Athletes drink, party, & do drugs & have done so for a long time now. Not really a shocking thing. Organizations only make a deal out of it when the on ice/field results don’t pass their expectations.

If the Flyers don’t get embarrassed by the Bruins in the 2011 playoffs those guys likely never get traded. That’s what really moved the needle.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Athletes drink, party, & do drugs & have done so for a long time now. Not really a shocking thing. Organizations only make a deal out of it when the on ice/field results don’t pass their expectations.

If the Flyers don’t get embarrassed by the Bruins in the 2011 playoffs those guys likely never get traded. That’s what really moved the needle.
NO WONDER WE HAVENT BEEN WINNING CUPS

6a0120a6dde087970b016305b9539c970d_crop_north.png

girouxbar.jpg

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Eric Lindros missed a game back in the day because he was too hung over from drinking the night before. :laugh:

Well, there is something to be said for "professionalism" when you're getting paid that kind of money.

King James spends a million a year on his body, which sounds crazy until you realize it's an asset that makes him $35M a year plus endorsements.

An athlete stupid enough to abuse himself to that extent, especially during the season, is one I'd think about moving, the days when you could crawl out of bed and score three goals are gone - because the other guys are hiring personal trainers and working their butt off to steal your millions.

Reactions: flyersfan187

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM

1297579105841_ORIGINAL.jpg

Jay Rosehill. :laugh:
Admirals defenseman Jay D. Rosehill was arrested Friday and charged with stealing a car while his team was on the road.

Rosehill, 22, was released on bond from the Broome County Jail on a felony charge of third-degree grand larceny, the Press & Sun-Bulletin newspaper of Bunghamton reported. His release came shortly before the Admirals played the Senators.

The Broome County Sheriff's Office said a vehicle had been reported stolen from the parking lot of Madame Oar's, a Binghamton strip club.

A club employee said she had started the car and left it to warm up when it was taken.

Shortly after the report was made, about 1:25 a.m., a deputy spotted the car pulling into the parking lot of the Xhibition Gentlemen's Club.

The deputy said he saw a man, later identified as Rosehill, run from the car, the Press & Sun-Bulletin reported.
Admirals' losing streak hits 4; player is charged in theft of car

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
What, the coach should have blamed the player to the media instead? You don't think coaches routinely take the blame themselves in public, regardless of whether or not they think it's true? And why do you keep ignoring that the Flyers have more than one coach, including a positional coach for the defensemen? You don't think Gord Murphy gave Ghost instructions? Yeesh, the extreme excuse making that goes on for the board favorites. Nothing is ever their own fault, always someone else's.

It's hilarious that the players and coaches themselves testifying to a thing is to be doubted, but every single rumor with Carter is to be believed. What a laughable double standard.

We even had the Islanders game where TK was trying to talk to Hakstol all the way to the room and Hakstol wouldn't even look at him. There's your eyewitness proof. You must believe it now right?

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Carter was awesome two way in Philly also. Loved Carter and Richards and we have ducked since they left along with that fun team.
Carter was a good two-way center, but he took a lot of games off in his younger days. He wasn't a liability when he went through the motions, but it was frustrating because of how good he could be and how much he lifted the team when he gave it 100%. He ended up being great for the Kings and excellent in his Team Canada appearances.

Reactions: hatcher

Delete99991

May 9, 2013
Looking at how "flawed" Ghost is, it sure would have been nice if we had hired some.... I dont know... like a.... development coach. A guy who would tell Ghost what he could improve, what his faults are. A guy who would actually tell a player what the mistake was AND why he was benched. Someone who could communicate. That would have been cool. And maybe we would have ended up with a little less "flawed" player

Quotes and italics on Ghost being flawed?

Do you not think he's flawed? You think that's too harsh?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Campbell may have slowed it down but didnt change its direction from what I can tell.

Either way, 6 games and 1 empty net goal is a pathetic performance any way you want to slice it. Regardless of whether his foot was 100%, which neither of us truly know.

Huh? It deflects the shot.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
It's a great scoring chance, it's a decent not-amazing save. I think putting the puck in net there is a bit harder than people realize.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
The Sens are asking for a first for Anderson, and a first that will almost definitely be a top 10 pick no less? Not buying it, though I am buying the Flyers interest in Anderson.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Quotes and italics on Ghost being flawed?

Do you not think he's flawed? You think that's too harsh?

Italics to put emphasis on the word (so it'd be easier to notice what's the main point), quotes because I think it's an overstatement

But I'm not here to take away your opinion, not at all. The quotes are there just to express my perception

Last edited:
Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad