GDT: Trade Deadline week around the league

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007

God, I hope he keeps this tweet up for meme purposes.

EDIT: And it’s gone. Sad.

Edit 2: But not forgotten

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Its not like we're a team that will ever play like an overly physical team. Brindy has gone on record numerous times saying he 'doesn't like us getting involved in that crap'.

If we make it to a series against Boston, and that's a big if, we're going to have our hands full, because teams who play like Boston is gearing up to play have absolutely wrecked us mentally in the playoffs throughout this current run.

I hope this year will be different....but it is frustrating watching our guys get wrecked and do nothing....only to fail on the pp.

I think you can EITHER play how Rod wants and avoid that crap if you have a good PP OR go break some shit and see where it takes you.

Getting abused to fail on the pp is not a recipe for success.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
I hope this year will be different....but it is frustrating watching our guys get wrecked and do nothing....only to fail on the pp.

I think you can EITHER play how Rod wants and avoid that crap if you have a good PP OR go break some shit and see where it takes you.

Getting abused to fail on the pp is not a recipe for success.

I mean we took one of their valuable players completely out of the series last season. We played the way you have to play Boston and won. It's not like this team can't play physical when push comes to shove, and we added Pool Party who brings more of that. Not to say it will work this time, but we certainly didn't get run over last year. I do think it took it's toll on us, and played into the Rangers series but hey, still took them to game 7 with a hobbled up goalie.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
That is a great point. We just need to accept they never will go all in.

We are just gonna build our team in the offseason and hope for the best.

At this point I hope the Leafs win and break their curse, and I kinda hope Boston wins.

Just to show the front office that adding is good and should be done aggressively.

I feel dirty but if not us in the east I want to see Toronto.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Recently, TB, PIT and BOS are the three that come to mind for me.

So two teams that have been carried by first round Hall of Fame players and one with the best goaltender in the league backed by some nasty offensive talent. And they got...3-4 years of being considered "elite"?

Yeah, I don't see the problem with how Carolina is handling their situation

ndp

Hurricanes Pessimist
Oct 29, 2015
So two teams that have been carried by first round Hall of Fame players and one with the best goaltender in the league backed by some nasty offensive talent. And they got...3-4 years of being considered "elite"?

Yeah, I don't see the problem with how Carolina is handling their situation
Yes?

I’m very confused by your post?

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I mean we took one of their valuable players completely out of the series last season. We played the way you have to play Boston and won. It's not like this team can't play physical when push comes to shove, and we added Pool Party who brings more of that. Not to say it will work this time, but we certainly didn't get run over last year. I do think it took it's toll on us, and played into the Rangers series but hey, still took them to game 7 with a hobbled up goalie.
And we got cratered in Game 7, and it wasn't because Raanta wasn't good enough.

And before then, we basically no-showed the entire playoffs when we weren't playing at home.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
And we got cratered in Game 7, and it wasn't because Raanta wasn't good enough.

And before then, we basically no-showed the entire playoffs when we weren't playing at home.

No, I think Raanta was actually playing with an injury considering he limped off the ice at the end. I wouldn't say they were no shows, they just couldn't figure out a solution to the away games. Happened in the Boston series as well but they won that one. Bottom line is, I don't necessarily accept that they can't hang with Boston and NY even with their changes until I see it.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Recently, TB, PIT and BOS are the three that come to mind for me.
And yet 1 of those teams hasn’t actually won a Cup in the last 10 years while plenty of non-elite teams have… You don’t have to be “elite” to win it all nor does being “elite” guarantee a Cup. I’d much rather be in the mix every year for a couple decades than be elite for a few, maybe not even win and then suck again. Winning it all has to do a lot with luck and timing rather than purely how good you are on paper or your regular season record is.

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
I took the liberty of numbering a couple of your thoughts. I agree totally with 1. A winning product on the ice has really moved ticket sales and the needle. Losing will impact it the opposite direction.

On 2, I don't see that we have seen a "bunch of disappointing post seasons" or that we are close to it. After a decade of seeing a bunch of meaningless games after the calendar flipped to the new year, this has been a great ride. Canes have at least won a round for 4 straight years under Rod and have been in an ECF's. Hardly disappointing (to me at least). I'll say it again. Only one team gets to hoist the Cup. There has to be success other than that. Do I want them to go for it...absolutely. Do I want them to make stupid decisions only to possibly flame out anyway? Nope. I do enjoy having a fun team to watch, now and in the future.
Agree on your retort. My #2 is a go forward versus a look back comment.

Yes we had the dark ages but let’s not go forward with a Brooklyn Dogers continual “wait till next year” refrain.

Like I said, Jersey will be a powerhouse and will almost certainly win the Division next year and be great for 6-8 years.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Andersen hasn’t been stealing games for us either at the rate he was last season. Do we really trust our chances?

There is a 50% chance that Andersen doesn't make it to the PO healthy enough to play.

Do we trust Raanta/Koochie or do we try and get a guy like Velmajakajakajakaj from Arz with the last bit of cap space?

Reactions: chaz4hockey

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
I still have hope for Lindholm or Toffoli /w 3rd party retention. (2-2.5m retention should cost a 3rd)

If that fails...I'd take Domi for a 3rd to play 3c...he can win FO and actually score some....even though he is more of the same in a pass first guy....so not an amazing fit. I'd run the 3rd line as a scoring line and beef up Staals line to play 2nd minutes.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
His 18 goals and 49 points this season aren't though. All I'm saying is this FO could make that move and I wouldn't be surprised.
Last year he had 9G - 32PTS in 53 games along with being a pest, then he came to us and was a completely lame duck who had 1 really bright/memorable moment. If Rod's not letting him get into the "rough stuff" (where we get rag-dolled after the whistle with no retaliation), then he's probably pretty much useless to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad