GDT: Trade Deadline week around the league

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Send Coghlan down and there is $3.369M in cap space.

With a 50% retention by other the trading team or a 3rd party that can fit up to a $6.738M cap hit.

That can still fit most of the candidates we have discussed.
They can basically fit anyone but jvr and Hayes which would both take a third party but it’s not out of the question.

Reactions: Chrispy

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Good point. Chychrun would have been the last move between assets traded and cap taken up, and a better defensive upgrade on the bottom pairing but less of a PP upgrade.

If this is the last move, the deadline is a disappointment. If they can get a forward and Poolparty and Gost? I’ll be good with that even if the order is frustrating.
We have two games against the Sens left so I gather we will see his impact on the PP....FWIW: I thought he was the ideal PP2 guy.

Positive note: we won't see him this week on the road.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Outside of Nikishin and maybe Morrow, do we even think that highly of our prospects?

I like Heimosalmi and Honka, personally, but neither probably slots higher than a 3rd pair guy, even if they make it.

Drury probably has a decent amount of value as a bottom 6 guy at least.

But yeah, whole lotta boom/bust guys there along with some solid bottom 6’ers (Rees Drury, Ponamarev, etc) and looks like only Nikishin is the boom so far, literally and nicknamingly

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Must have a very low standard for entertainment and humor then, but more than likely you're not entertained and you feel triggered to score internet points with strangers and pretending otherwise with 15k+ posts as you comment in a trollish way. Not gonna take someone seriously that's over-invested in defending old rich guys who will never see your posts.

But yes, please continue to lecture in a condescending way from your "pulpit" as you frequently do to other posters. I guess when your standards of "entertainment" are so low, it's fun to act way superior to everyone about stickpuck with your rose colored glasses. However, acting like a blatant troll definitely means you win an internet argument.

Finally, you also have just as much information as the rest of us about what the Canes did or didn't offer. Also, while true that Arizona maybe didn't like Morrow, Ottawa didn't even trade a prospect. Importantly, it's also possible that Carolina didn't want to risk another Meier and come up empty handed and decided to get Ghost who was a more sure thing. Here's another buzzword for you, that's another variable. Worth wondering if we, or other teams could've beaten a weak offer though. I'm sure you'll enlighten people who wonder if Ottawa's offer could've been beaten with more bullet pointed buzzwords in a more trollish manner.

*insert irony, hypocrite, etc. response*
how long are your arms cuz there is some serious reaching here.

you have done so poorly to defend your knee jerk reaction you have moved into attack mode yet calling my posts trollish. interesting. there is a word for this but I wont use in and effort to not trigger you.

you is over-invested in defending rich guys? your whole argument and questioning the team's unwillingness to trade our 1st or Morrow with no general knowledge of that fact. Add in that is in contrast to their approach to the trade for Meier. How is that not a hot take? then add in you are saying my defending is based on the same information you have. (insert another buzzword in here).

I honestly care about winning internet arguments? definitely

and then blah blah, more attacks, more attacks. cool story.

hockeynjune

Just a soft breeze
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2021
I love how the trade deadline and offseason brings us all closer together. I can just feel the
1677717337431.png

Reactions: AD Skinner

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Outside of Nikishin, perhaps the rest of the league doesn’t really think that highly of CAR prospects.

In Scott Wheeler's 2023 prospect pool rankings he had the Canes pool at 12th (down from 9th in 2022). That seems a bit high to me, but I think his justification is the fact that we have one of, if not the largest pool of players that could eventually make it to the NHL in some capacity. Below is the intro to his article on the Canes before he goes into how the individual prospects rank within the pool. Not all that surprising the first 4 are Morrow, Nikishin, Kochetkov, and Drury.

wheeler_list.PNG

Article link for anyone interested with an Athletic subscription.

Also a link to his article on the top 50 drafted NHL prospects. We don't crack the list until #38 with Nikisin, but he has Morrow at 39th as well. That's it for us per his list.

Last edited:
Reactions: hockeynjune

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC

if only this helped my point

i dont know if we were one of the teams that offered 2 1sts but they did have a couple that did.

I'm pretty sure that the Canes did offer two firsts or an equivalent. I mentioned this in an earlier page, but some GMs associate a higher 1st vs. multiple lower 1sts as being an inherently less risky package.

moses malone 12

Oct 19, 2020
like you have no information on what the Canes offered or if Zona was interested in what we have to offer but you assume everything. That is about knee jerk as it gets.

sounds like you missed the entire Jeannot conversation and is misrepresenting it.

just throw out buzzwords? Ill try incorporating these more to meet your requirements
  • Return on investment.
  • Synergy.
  • Customer journey.
  • Deep dive.
  • Impact.
  • Ballpark.
  • Core competency.
  • Visibility.

at least your post didnt disappoint for a good laugh,

how long are your arms cuz there is some serious reaching here.

you have done so poorly to defend your knee jerk reaction you have moved into attack mode yet calling my posts trollish. interesting. there is a word for this but I wont use in and effort to not trigger you.

you is over-invested in defending rich guys? your whole argument and questioning the team's unwillingness to trade our 1st or Morrow with no general knowledge of that fact. Add in that is in contrast to their approach to the trade for Meier. How is that not a hot take? then add in you are saying my defending is based on the same information you have. (insert another buzzword in here).

I honestly care about winning internet arguments? definitely

and then blah blah, more attacks, more attacks. cool story.
aside from grammatical issues, not much here. I suggest everyone move on. This board is pretty small, with maybe 25 active posters. There's a lot of great commentary. I'm impressed with everyone's hockey knowledge and in particular observations about players on our team and throughout the league. As far as I can tell, no one has inside knowledge of anything. we all know this and make opinions and suggestions without verified source knowledge. Svechammer seems to hear solid intel and shares it with the group but that's about it. we express opinions which elicit reactions. No need to attack another poster. I have learned to tone down comments directed at others. Its counterproductive and not the reason why we are here IMO.

GoCanes - you actually seem to be triggered by comments more than anyone as far I can tell. Judging by your stats, you have been on the board a long time and are obviously heavily invested in the Canes and the board. Not sure why you get so easily triggered by other poster's comments but my advice is let it go.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Outside of Nikishin and maybe Morrow, do we even think that highly of our prospects?
Nikishin, I certainly do. But who knows when he comes over to the states if he actually does.

Morrow, maybe but I feel like him not turning pro last year to play for a mediocre UMass squad could really affect his development.

Everyone else in the top 10 seem like B/C prospects at best.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
For what it's worth:

Number of games the PP has had a chance to tie/win the game in the 3rd period, in a game the Canes would eventually lose.

6-4 loss to Edmonton - Oct 20
4-3 OT loss to Calgary - Oct 22
3-2 OT loss to Colorado - Nov 17
5-3 loss to Rangers - Jan 2
5-3 loss to Nashville - Jan 5
4-3 SO loss to Columbus - Jan 7
3-2 loss to Anaheim - Feb 25

Reactions: Wolfpuck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events