GDT: Trade Deadline week around the league

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
For what it's worth:

Number of games the PP has had a chance to tie/win the game in the 3rd period, in a game the Canes would eventually lose.

6-4 loss to Edmonton - Oct 20
4-3 OT loss to Calgary - Oct 22
3-2 OT loss to Colorado - Nov 17
5-3 loss to Rangers - Jan 2
5-3 loss to Nashville - Jan 5
4-3 SO loss to Columbus - Jan 7
3-2 loss to Anaheim - Feb 25
So what you are saying, is that if the Canes PP could have won those games, instead of winning at an NHL best .816 points % (29-5-4) - 134 point 82 game pace since Black Friday, the Canes would have gone 33-2-3 -149 point pace, .908 points %?

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017
Why do you think the geniuses in Canada refer to him as PLD.

But Pierre-Luc Dubois is not too difficult. Just need to practice Bart Simpson style.

This might be the worst JFresh scorecard I've ever seen, wow

“Deeply averse to shooting and scoring” :laugh:

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho

But Pierre-Luc Dubois is not too difficult. Just need to practice Bart Simpson style.

His Finnishing score is 100%, though.

3694dcd71c130cd3d0adfd555904d5fb.gif

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm

We dodged a bullet there…..he has Canes written all over him.

• Haha
Reactions: MisterDobz and ndp

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
I think we can be confident it didn’t include Morrow or Nikishin.

Not sure who else would have been excluded, which I think says as much about the lack of top tier prospects as it does about the depth of mid tier prospects.

Oh undoubtedly. They covet Morrow and Nikishin.

We are one of the best defensive teams, and rank #1 for goals by defenseman this season so I'd say having our top 2 prospects be dman seems par for the course.

Also why no one should be surprised they targeted Ghost. The one thing we lack on our defense core is one that can effectively run a power play.

Reactions: A Star is Burns

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
We just better be hot on getting PLD and another young player at the draft / FA with all these futures.
Moving past our previous discussion, I agree. If we do that, this deadline's decisions could actually look like they were worth it after we lost the Meier sweepstakes.

Having said that, that'd be more reason to "weaponize our cap" by getting an extra draft pick(s) from this deadline. We either trade it, or it helps (to a certain extent) to offset whatever draft picks we do trade in this year's draft. If the front office believes that's a better route to take than getting a remaining meh top 6 forward with probably a lot of retention, I don't blame them.

MadeUpName

Mar 24, 2022
I think the constant reporting that Carolina has Nikishin as an untouchable prospect is more of an indication that they were open to deal anyone else rather than them hoarding their prospects. If there were reports of them being unwilling to move Morrow or Drury then I would be skeptical.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
No one’s gonna be left by Friday.

Greatest trade deadline week of all time, which will end in one of the lamest trade deadline days. This week has been fun.

Canes still have room for one more small forward add. Barabanov is technically feasible without retention or potentially Max Domi Pt. 2. Exciting stuff, I know. :sarcasm:

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Canes still have room for one more small forward add. Barabanov is technically feasible without retention or potentially Max Domi Pt. 2. Exciting stuff, I know. :sarcasm:
Barbanov wouldn’t be terrible. Although I would hope we could snag a guy that could has the potential to be a top 6 add like Bertuzzi. Detroit won’t be able to keep him that is unless they retain Vrana pretty good for us to take him

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
On the main board, there's a topic asking who has lost the most ground with this year's deadline, and some people said Carolina (not surprisingly with the eastern arms race), but I wanted to copy and paste a guy's comment because it's an interesting long-term perspective:

"Idk. If I'm Carolina and I'm watching the rest of the conference blow their load this year, I start to think about holding off on a big move. They could be more armed with assets than any other team next year, which just so happens to be the season before all their big forward contracts are up.

These big acquisitions don't always move the needle. Sometimes, smaller trades can be just as effective."

I think because we don't really have a timetable crunch until the end of 2024 with so many big contracts expiring and players needing extensions (not just forwards as he said), and like he said, the conference blowing its load for this season, next season will be the true all in season from a transaction/trade perspective, and not this one. This summer will be very important.

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
On the main board, there's a topic asking who has lost the most ground with this year's deadline, and some people said Carolina (not surprisingly with the eastern arms race), but I wanted to copy and paste a guy's comment because it's an interesting long-term perspective:

"Idk. If I'm Carolina and I'm watching the rest of the conference blow their load this year, I start to think about holding off on a big move. They could be more armed with assets than any other team next year, which just so happens to be the season before all their big forward contracts are up.

These big acquisitions don't always move the needle. Sometimes, smaller trades can be just as effective."

I think because we don't really have a timetable crunch until the end of 2024 with so many big contracts expiring and players needing extensions (not just forwards as he said), and like he said, the conference blowing its load for this season, next season will be the true all in season from a transaction/trade perspective, and not this one. This summer will be very important.
Decent amount of cap space this summer as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad