GDT: Trade Deadline week around the league

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

whiskers

Aug 2, 2018
No one’s gonna be left by Friday.

Greatest trade deadline week of all time, which will end in one of the lamest trade deadline days. This week has been fun.
yeah i was looking out for friday , bought some beer and chips , set up a 2nd tv in the living room so i could watch sportsnet and TSN , now what am i gonna do?

Reactions: Stickpucker

Led Tasso

Jun 2, 2016
Just some research to moves done by Stanley Cup winners:

Pittsburgh Penguins (2015-16)
Acquired: Justin Schultz

Pittsburgh Penguins (2016-17)
Acquired: Ron Hainsey, Mark Streit

Washington Capitals (2017-18)
Acquired: Michal Kempny, Jakub Jerabek

St. Louis Blues (2018-19)
Acquired: Michael Del Zotto

Tampa Bay Lightning (2019-20)
Acquired: Blake Coleman, Barclay Goodrow

Tampa Bay Lightning (2020-21)
Acquired: David Savard

Colorado Avalance (2021-22)
Lehkonen, Manson, Cogliano, Sturm

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
On the main board, there's a topic asking who has lost the most ground with this year's deadline, and some people said Carolina (not surprisingly with the eastern arms race), but I wanted to copy and paste a guy's comment because it's an interesting long-term perspective:

"Idk. If I'm Carolina and I'm watching the rest of the conference blow their load this year, I start to think about holding off on a big move. They could be more armed with assets than any other team next year, which just so happens to be the season before all their big forward contracts are up.

These big acquisitions don't always move the needle. Sometimes, smaller trades can be just as effective."

I think because we don't really have a timetable crunch until the end of 2024 with so many big contracts expiring and players needing extensions (not just forwards as he said), and like he said, the conference blowing its load for this season, next season will be the true all in season from a transaction/trade perspective, and not this one. This summer will be very important.

I don't think that the Canes take the "timetable" thing all that seriously. Their goal is to create a self-sustaining feedback loop of contention for the next decade+. I do, however, agree that they may be a tiny bit more aggressive in 2024.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
I don't think that the Canes take the "timetable" thing all that seriously. Their goal is to create a self-sustaining feedback loop of contention for the next decade+. I do, however, agree that they may be a tiny bit more aggressive in 2024.

7cyjd9.jpg

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
The borg not taking the timeable seriously is not a smart move, IMO. Granted Washington won a Cup recently and has a generational player actively chasing arguably the biggest milestone for a player, and their ownership group still somehow has generated apathy within in their fanbase. But we might not even have that, we could literally be the new Sharks or even Ducks if we try to f*** around and find out.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
On the main board, there's a topic asking who has lost the most ground with this year's deadline, and some people said Carolina (not surprisingly with the eastern arms race), but I wanted to copy and paste a guy's comment because it's an interesting long-term perspective:

"Idk. If I'm Carolina and I'm watching the rest of the conference blow their load this year, I start to think about holding off on a big move. They could be more armed with assets than any other team next year, which just so happens to be the season before all their big forward contracts are up.

These big acquisitions don't always move the needle. Sometimes, smaller trades can be just as effective."

I think because we don't really have a timetable crunch until the end of 2024 with so many big contracts expiring and players needing extensions (not just forwards as he said), and like he said, the conference blowing its load for this season, next season will be the true all in season from a transaction/trade perspective, and not this one. This summer will be very important.

You mean it's possible the Borg might actually be considering more than just the next 3 months? GTFO!

ndp

Hurricanes Pessimist
Oct 29, 2015

The borg not taking the timeable seriously is not a smart move, IMO. Granted Washington won a Cup recently and has a generational player actively chasing arguably the biggest milestone for a player, and their ownership group still somehow has generated apathy within in their fanbase. But we might not even have that, we could literally be the new Sharks or even Ducks if we try to f*** around and find out.
Minnesota Wild

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
He is awful... which while on the topic, how does Chuck Fletcher have a job still
His 'rebuild' of Philly's defense is horrifying to look at.

Out:
Gostisbehere
Hagg
1st 2021 (14th overall)
2nd 2022
4th 2022
7th 2022
7th 2022
2nd 2023
3rd 2023
2nd 2024

In:
Ristolainen
DeAngelo

The fact that he doubled down and re-signed Risto is just icing on the cake.

MadeUpName

Mar 24, 2022
Seen on Reddit - the difference between Chychrun and Hronek was a 2026 2nd round pick. Interesting comparison. Although Chychrun has one extra year at a similar Cap.

Reactions: Stickpucker

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
I just can’t foresee this second line scoring many goals in the playoffs I think they really need to add another top 6 forward desperately. Hopefully they do

MadeUpName

Mar 24, 2022
I just can’t foresee this second line scoring many goals in the playoffs I think they really need to add another top 6 forward desperately. Hopefully they do
Bertuzzi - Aho - Jarvis
Svechnikov - KK - Necas
Martinook - Staal - Fast
Teravainen - Statsny - Puljujarvi
Noesen

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Friedman earlier on TNT apparently thinks that the Flames and Canes are still talking about a trade and mentioned Backlund as a possibility. One season remaining at $5.7M AAV, and could fit in at 50% retainment if Coghlan comes back in the other direction. IDK if that would be my idea for a trade, but just mentioning what I heard. I'd rather get Toffoli or even Dube, but whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad