GDT: Trade Deadline week around the league

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
that 23 1st rounder has a ton more value than ours. Also that 2nd rounder condition is ludicrous as Ottawa isn’t making the playoffs
I'm not even questioning that. I just figured... well at least two dozen teams could have either beat or matched it. Granted not being in the West helped Ottawa but serious dereliction of duty by their franchise.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
What are the conditions on each pick? I haven't seen them yet.

The first round pick is Top 5 protected. Becomes a 24 first round unprotected. Then there's some irrelevant condition on the 2nd round becoming 1st round if the Sens make the ECF

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Ottawa isn't even a lock to be that bad. Now with Chychrun I could see them making a serious run at the last Wild Card spot. Yes, they have a difficult road ahead to do that but I doubt their pick will be much higher than a mid 1st rounder.

Reactions: A Star is Burns

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
Even if Ottawa's draft pick will be a little higher than ours, we could've easily beaten that offer.

Also, he went to an eastern team! All of the eastern teams this deadline but us get star players.

Since he made a comment about playing for a contender, I do think Chychrun would prefer to play for us long term versus a young and inexperienced Ottawa team who might not even get in the playoffs as a wild card.

Why the f*** could we not wait a little longer to get Chychrun?

*Edit* It's probably because we didn't even want to trade our 1st round pick and or Morrow. Lol.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Even if Ottawa's draft pick will be a little higher than ours, we could've easily beaten that offer.

Also, he went to an eastern team! All of the eastern teams this deadline but us get star players.

Since he made a comment about playing for a contender, I do think Chychrun would prefer to play for us long term versus a young and inexperienced Ottawa team who might not even get in the playoffs as a wild card.

I was against getting Chychrun because I figured he would cost way more than that and we'd have at least 5 d-men deserving to play 20 minutes or more a night. But at that price, definitely kind of difficult to swallow. Arizona overplayed their hand, methinks.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017

*Edit* It's probably because we didn't even want to trade our 1st round pick and or Morrow. Lol.
Hot take. So you’re saying that we didn’t discuss Chychrun and Arizona didn’t want the best pick possible? Cool

Reactions: A Star is Burns

MadeUpName

Mar 24, 2022
I am thinking that Bertuzzi is their target at this point. A 2nd + 3rd or equivalent prospects should do it. Heavy LW that is also distressed this year.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
I don't know why people think that's a given. They're a wagon offensively when healthy and have a decent chance to back into the 2nd wild card spot with some luck. We've seen crazier things before.
Their goaltending is bad and defensive execution is poor regularly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad